• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • french frank
    Administrator/Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
    I'm just wondering how this topic became attached to a newspaper article on rat poison (aka sodium fluoride).
    Letters to the Telegraph - placed in order of national importance!

In a perfick world Patricia Hughes and her City Slickers, followed by Rob & Jonathan. And no tweets, no phone-ins and no news or trails
    Not sure about P. Hughes's availability, amsy. In favour of the rest there are very persuasive arguments

Btw, I think HG would be given a pat on the back for his 'selective' (and no doubt 'attentive') listening practice.
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by french frank View Post

Not sure about P. Hughes's availability, amsy. In favour of the rest there are very persuasive arguments

Btw, I think HG would be given a pat on the back for his 'selective' (and no doubt 'attentive') listening practice.
      Well Paul Gambaccini is back Chairing Counterpoint on R4.

Comment

• mangerton
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
        I'm just wondering how this topic became attached to a newspaper article on rat poison (aka sodium fluoride).
        Thinking back to my school chemistry days, the chemical formula for sodium fluoride is NaF. Some people think many things connected with R3 are......

Ah. You're ahead of me. I'll collect my Trusty Berghaus.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by french frank View Post

In the absence of Ms Hughes, perhaps some effort (if much is needed) should be made to persuade the magnificent Ms Bott (musically intelligent and an outstanding broadcaster imho) to return to the fold.;ok:

Comment

• french frank
            Administrator/Moderator
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
            perhaps some effort (if much is needed) should be made to persuade the magnificent Ms Bott (musically intelligent and an outstanding broadcaster imho) to return to the fold.
            Under contract to the opposition for - was three years? After that ...
            It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Working...
            X