X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vox Humana
    • Dec 2012

What do we want? When do we want it?

The last letter on this page is short, to the point and, for me, spot on.
  • Beef Oven!
    Ex-member
    • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Vox Humana View Post
    Hmm, it's a viewpoint. I've never been to Kingston Gorse, is it posh?

Comment

• french frank
      Administrator/Moderator
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Vox Humana View Post
      It seems to be making waves on Facebook and Twitter. Most people seem to jib at the 'posh' bit.

As a comment on Breakfast, good gracious! Is it really like that these days?
      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• teamsaint
        • Nov 2010

I don't mind presenters sounding posh.

The process for obtaining nice jobs like that ought to be open and accountable in some way, though, otherwise there is the suspicion, ( no, really), that people get these jobs through posh networking.

And I still can't find out how musicians get on the " new Generation Artists " scheme, other than by invitation by persons unknown.

anybody know?
        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post

And I still can't find out how musicians get on the " new Generation Artists " scheme, other than by invitation by persons unknown.

anybody know?
          I did actually speak to someone about Trish Clowes. It can't have been that, I'm sure.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
            Ex-member
            • Sep 2013

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
            I don't mind presenters sounding posh.

The process for obtaining nice jobs like that ought to be open and accountable in some way, though, otherwise there is the suspicion, ( no, really), that people get these jobs through posh networking.
            Not too open, or you'l get those horrible regional accents over the airwaves.

Comment

• kernelbogey
              • Nov 2010

Extend the 'Through the Night Formula' - short announcements and back announcements, otherwise continuous music - to noon. News at 7, 8 & 9. Nothing else. Starting tomorrow.
              kb

Comment

• gurnemanz
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by kernelbogey View Post
                Extend the 'Through the Night Formula' - short announcements and back announcements, otherwise continuous music - to noon. News at 7, 8 & 9. Nothing else. Starting tomorrow.
                kb
                You probably need two channels: one that just plays the music (like Italian RAI FD5) and one with all the blah that many people hate but some people must like.

Comment

• Don Petter

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
                  You probably need two channels: one that just plays the music (like Italian RAI FD5) and one with all the blah that many people hate but some people must like.
                  And what we now have is two of the latter and none of the former.

Comment

• french frank
                    Administrator/Moderator
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
                    and one with all the blah that many people hate but some people must like.
                    What is the blah? Surely, what people hate is all the trivial chatter that goes on. Why do you need a station for that at all?
                    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Flay
                      • Mar 2007

What do we want?

DELAYED GRATIFICATION ! ! ! !

When do we want it?

Er um....

(I'll get me coat).

Seriously, what I want is somebody intelligent, well informed and articulate who can enlighten me about the music being played. That's all.
                      Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

• Honoured Guest

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                        What is the blah? Surely, what people hate is all the trivial chatter that goes on. Why do you need a station for that at all?
                        People in glass houses ... There's an abundance of trivial chatter posted on this forum. Clearly many of the keepers of the flame love it.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Honoured Guest View Post
                          People in glass houses ... There's an abundance of trivial chatter posted on this forum. Clearly many of the keepers of the flame love it.
                          Very post-modern self-referential post, HG mmm?

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by kernelbogey View Post
                            kb
                            Through the Night,all of the day and all of the night.
                            No news bulletins at all.
                            Starting now.
                            Oh,and bring back interpretations on record.

Comment

• french frank
                              Administrator/Moderator
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                              Through the Night,all of the day and all of the night.
                              No news bulletins at all.
                              Starting now.
                              Oh,and bring back interpretations on record.
                              I would disagree I think. Depending on what you're saying ...

Through The Night is ideal for keeping lorry drivers awake and keeping insomniacs company. Would people actually prefer to turf out everything else to have an unbroken stream of classical background music? Might as well have a multi-disc CD player!

Comment

Working...
                              X