X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • salymap
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

Very good mangerton.Won't take sides as am related by cousin's marriage to the McRae clan. He is 6feet, 5 inches and was in the Scots Guards. What a nice man

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by salymap View Post
      Very good mangerton.Won't take sides as am related by cousin's marriage to the McRae clan. He is 6feet, 5 inches and was in the Scots Guards. What a nice man

A Bagpuss, in all probability!

Comment

• salymap
        Late member
        • Nov 2010

S_A Who was it said "Brevity is the soul of wit"? You are trying hard these last few days with your answers but.................bless.

Comment

• salymap
          Late member
          • Nov 2010

Lovely sunny but not too hot morning. Murray gone but Sharapova today, hope she wins.

Re 7.30pm daily concerts.....not many ORCHESTRAL ones are there? Vocal, chamber, etc. but.......where are the BBC and other orchestras?

Comment

• aeolium
            • Nov 2010

Re 7.30pm daily concerts.....not many ORCHESTRAL ones are there? Vocal, chamber, etc. but.......where are the BBC and other orchestras?
            Cut us a bit of slack, saly. From July 15 there will be virtually nothing BUT evening orchestral concerts for 8 weeks or so (and plenty of concerts from the BBC orchestras)....

Comment

• salymap
              Late member
              • Nov 2010

Yes I know that ...Iexpect they have started the prelims. The BBCSO always had 2 weeks at Maida Vale, prior to the Proms with all day rehearsals. They didn't have as many visiting orchestras then. Just seems a bit boring at the moment, sorry. Brandenburgs again anyone?

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                • Dec 2010

S_A Who was it said "Brevity is the soul of wit"? You are trying hard these last few days with your answers but.................bless.
                Or, in the immortal words of the late Ronnie Scott, "When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you".

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                  • Dec 2010

Logically, then, they should have started off with Donna N Blitzencraft's One-Person-Bandmanship Show. "Good morning to our listening public. On today's programme we feature the amazing talents of Donna N Blitzencraft, who we are extremely fortunate to have here in the studio. Now, Donna"... "'Ello luv"... "You started out humble, if we may put it that way, preforming outside the famous Harrods of Knightsbridge. Now tell us all - because we can't wait to hear - how did you get to where you are now?" "Well, ducks, it all started when this kind gent dropped this fiver, yer see, and..." (Contd, P.5003)

Comment

• salymap
                    Late member
                    • Nov 2010

What? Ronnie Scott of the Jazz Club?

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                      • Dec 2010

What? Ronnie Scott of the Jazz Club?
                      The very one, saly. Our Ron was quite famous for his... quips. I'm off out shortly for a bit of tin-rattling, but later on will try and dig out a few of them.

Comment

• salymap
                        Late member
                        • Nov 2010

Morning Stormyweatherites. Hope S_A hasn't been arrested for tin-rattling, whatever that is.

Just told a friend I am going to stop worrying about things I can't change. If only life was that easy.

Comment

• Richard Tarleton

(making a rare appearance in this thread, hope nobody minds)

Polonius:
                          My liege, and madam, to expostulate
                          What majesty should be, what duty is,
                          What day is day, night night, and time is time,
                          Were nothing but to waste night, day, and time;
                          Therefore, since brevity is the soul of wit,
                          And tediousness the limbs and outward flourishes,
                          I will be brief. Your noble son is mad. . . .

Hamlet Act 2, scene 2, 86–92

Comment

• Richard Tarleton

(shakespeare's little joke, of course, since Polonius himself was prolix in the extreme. A level English circa 1966 )

Comment

• salymap
                              Late member
                              • Nov 2010

Yes thanks, rather a silly old man too but meant well

Comment

• antongould
                                • Nov 2010

it's a glorious July day her in the coalfields. Who do you want to win the men's final salymap? You haven't had a great deal of luck thus far!

Comment

Working...
                                X