Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mahlerei

Hi Pianorak

Thanks for the info about eyes - I didn't know that's what it was called. Name undecided but we've just bathed her and - contrary to experience with other dogs - she loved it. Been chasing her around the garden trying to dry her, but to no avail. Will upload a pic soon.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
      Host
      • Nov 2010

Horrible weather on the Yorkshire coast. Hot and sunny, with a very high pollen count. I re-quote my own posting from the thread "The Wrong Kind of Sun":-

I really wish the weather forecasters would stop referring to hot sunny days as "beautiful, fine weather". They should stick to facts, rather than making judgements. If you have hay fever, there's nothing worse than a hot sunny day, unless it is so prolongued that it kills off the grass.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
        • Dec 2010

Well, at 27C (81F) it was the highest 12 noon temperature I have recorded since July 2006 here in S Dulwich on my north-facing wall. At 1400 hrs it is now 29C (84F), which is probably as high as it is going to get with a veil of high cloud spreading in from the southwest.

Nice and cool in here, with all the windows shut!

:cool2:

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Mahlerei View Post
          Hi Pianorak

Thanks for the info about eyes - I didn't know that's what it was called. Name undecided but we've just bathed her and - contrary to experience with other dogs - she loved it. Been chasing her around the garden trying to dry her, but to no avail. Will upload a pic soon.
          She sounds delightful, full of puppydog fun, Mahlerei

I've always wanted to share my life with a dog but for sundry reasons it has never happened. I was highly entertained by a gang of about 7 assorted mutts while in France recently & we had a great time, centred for the most part around their ability to use thought-control on the words 'sausages' and 'feed me!'

I look forward to seeing your pix

PS: How do the buns respond to her?

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
            • Dec 2010

Hey what's happening?

Someone starts a thread titled Stormy Weather, yet the moment it really kicks off, not a single posting!

Two heavy thunderstorms in quick succession here just now in S Lunnun - had to dash back from the corner shop as fast as legs and pedals could carry. Lovely fresh smell from tha garden as I now fling open all the windows to get some of that desperately-needed fresh air inside.

But it was rather dramatic, I must admit. Are y'all still hiding in the broom cupboard?

S-A

Comment

• salymap
              Late member
              • Nov 2010

Hello S_A. Emerging from the broom cupboard, we had a two minute storm and rain here in Kent. Could do with a bit more rain but no thunder and lightning please. We had a strike here,some years ago and garage doors,my cordless phone and other things were zapped. So now I switch off a lot of electrics.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                • Dec 2010

Hi saly! Probably I should have unplugged too.......... "It only ever happens to other people", etc etc

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                  • Dec 2010

Local news headlines for St Albans and Harpenden, Radlett, London Colney and the surrounding Hertfordshire areas from the Herts Advertiser.

Comment

• mangerton
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                    Hey what's happening?

Someone starts a thread titled Stormy Weather, yet the moment it really kicks off, not a single posting!

S-A
                    S_A, Please see msg 1697 which I posted last week. I'll cheer you all up by saying it's been a lovely day in Dundee, and it's now a lovely evening.

There is weather - and life - beyond the Watford Gap. :cool2:

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by mangerton View Post
                      S_A, Please see msg 1697 which I posted last week. I'll cheer you all up by saying it's been a lovely day in Dundee, and it's now a lovely evening.

There is weather - and life - beyond the Watford Gap. :cool2:
                      Saw those clips, M - amazing

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                        Late member
                        • Nov 2010

...should be about 82F in LA today ..... off to lunch with the Beckhams eh ....
                        According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• Mahlerei

Meet Sky

Comment

• Pianorak
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Mahlerei View Post
                            Meet Sky
                            What a beauty - very photogenic!
                            My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

• salymap
                              Late member
                              • Nov 2010

A really beautiful dog and lovely pix, Mahlerei, many thanks.

Comment

• mercia
                                • Nov 2010

aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh
                                she knows how to pose, doesn't she

Comment

Working...
                                X