Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Serial_Apologist
    • Dec 2010

A very pleasant day here in London today - sky half-clouded, clear visibility, gentle WSW breeze, maximum temperature 22.5 C (72 F).

"Brummie Simon" presents his predictions for the rest of the summer in the 3 links below. June and July look likely to continue mostly dry and warmish in the S, wetter and cooler further north, while for August and September it's the other way around. So be patient - your turn should come!

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
      Host
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
      A very pleasant day here in London today - sky half-clouded, clear visibility, gentle WSW breeze, maximum temperature 22.5 C (72 F).
      Indeed. I had a pleasant lunch at a rooftop café hard by London Bridge, and this was the view, from my table, of the sky (both direct and reflected!)

"...the isle is full of noises,
      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• eighthobstruction
        • Nov 2010

....WOW....great Imagine ref Frank Gehry last night: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...ays-why-cant-i
        bong ching

Comment

• antongould
          • Nov 2010

Spectacular indeed Rumpole ............

Comment

• Beef Oven!
            Ex-member
            • Sep 2013

Another crappy June day in London. Reminds me of the 1970s ('70 & '76 excepted). Wearing shorts, Crocs, playing reggae - nothing works

Great decision of mine to spend the summer in London, not!

The Proms better make up for it.

Comment

• teamsaint
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
              Another crappy June day in London. Reminds me of the 1970s ('70 & '76 excepted). Wearing shorts, Crocs, playing reggae - nothing works

Great decision of mine to spend the summer in London, not!

The Proms better make up for it.
              Reggae is the final throw of the dice. If that doesn't work.....

Lovely down here for a second day.

I don't think the summer has been at all bad down here. pretty dry ,if a little cool and overcast.
              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                Ex-member
                • Sep 2013

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                Reggae is the final throw of the dice. If that doesn't work.....

Lovely down here for a second day.

I don't think the summer has been at all bad down here. pretty dry ,if a little cool and overcast.
                It's the overcast bit in particular that gets me down.

Comment

• DracoM
                  Host
                  • Mar 2007

Huh!

BBC predicted today as dryish oop 'ere? The odd shower - yeah right.
                  It has been raining more or less non-stop since crack of.
                  And so bad now that I cannot actually see the fells at all so low is cloud / mist / rain and down virtually to roof level.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Comment

• teamsaint
                    • Nov 2010

It's the overcast bit in particular that gets me down.
                    Fair enough.
                    But the cricketer inside says that dry and overcast is enough to get a game on......sound system pounding away in the background to encourage the sun gods.

Sorry to hear about the weather up north. Forecast for down here is decent for tomorrow..
                    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                      Ex-member
                      • Sep 2013

Looks like rain. Totally unacceptable, given the amount of council tax I pay.

Comment

• teamsaint
                        • Nov 2010

Looks like rain. Totally unacceptable, given the amount of council tax I pay.

move to wiltshire.

We still have tithes.

(or income tax as it now known).

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                          Gone fishin'
                          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                          We still have tithes.
                          Thome rethtaurants don't let you in without one.

The bizarre weather continues in the Pennines - rain showers throughout the day and incredibly muggy air: it's been like trying to breathe in jelly at times!
                          [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• teamsaint
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                            Thome rethtaurants don't let you in without one.

The bizarre weather continues in the Pennines - rain showers throughout the day and incredibly muggy air: it's been like trying to breathe in jelly at times!
                            oh yes, I love the sensations you get when trying to breathe Jelly.

Very exciting.

Sends Chivers down your spine.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                              • Dec 2010

Pretty stifling here in S London today - 31 degrees Celsius at noon, though as a retiree who has no need to go anywhere today my commiserations must go to commuters using the still non-air conditioned tube lines, and those like Caliban who cycle to work. The recorded temperature at the St James's Park weather station was already 34 C at 11 am, which might represent today's peak now that it's clouded over. Much as grassed areas are now pretty much parched for lack of irrigation of any kind, any rain to come will make things unbearable by raising the presently moderate levels of humidity.

I have to confess not to being good at very hot weather. I gathered enough cool air indoors here during the cool nights leading up to this heatwave, and by switching off boiler and drawing all blinds and curtains hope to keep conditions comfortable as long as possible. How are others coping?

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                                Host
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                                today my commiserations must go to... those like Caliban who cycle to work
                                It's glorious, no need to commiserate! Superb ride in these last two mornings, in a light linen short sleeved shirt.

Mildly unpleasant when behind buses exhaling hot air from their engines; but taking it easy and staying away from the crowds and under the trees where possible, it was an excellent 30 minutes!
                                "...the isle is full of noises,
                                Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                                Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                                Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Working...
                                X