X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris Newman
    Late Member
    • Nov 2010

Gorgeous day yesterday and much better today than threatened.
    Have you seen the "Supermoon" at night? It is huge. 14% bigger as it passes closer every ten years. Look out if the cloud breaks tonight.

Comment

• Curalach

Rather greyer here today but milder which is very welcome. The moon has indeed been spectacular the last few nights.

Comment

• marthe

Equinox is today according to my desk calendar. It's sunny but cool here and a good day for raking away the debris of winter. I've uncovered my Brown Turkey Fig which has come through this severe winter unscathed. The equinox moon last night was quite a sight! I wonder if the paschal moon, in a month's time, will be as grand. Over here, the clocks have already gone ahead (last weekend) and evenings are now a bit longer.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by marthe View Post
          Equinox is today according to my desk calendar. It's sunny but cool here and a good day for raking away the debris of winter. I've uncovered my Brown Turkey Fig which has come through this severe winter unscathed. The equinox moon last night was quite a sight! I wonder if the paschal moon, in a month's time, will be as grand. Over here, the clocks have already gone ahead (last weekend) and evenings are now a bit longer.
          Isn't the Brown Turkey Fig the fruit that's supposed to be good for stomach troubles? You just have to look at it, and you feel better?

I just went out to peer at the moon, and it's true, it does appear larger than normal. I'm feeling much lighter on my feet than usual at the moment - must be the magnetic pull!

S-A

Comment

• salymap
            Late member
            • Nov 2010

Morning everyone, still looking for the Equinox super-moon. At what time is it visible? Perhaps I just go to bed too early for it. We had a spectacular sunset here though last night.

Comment

• Eudaimonia

Morning Sal!

It's been beautiful weather here too...Saturday was a very mild and pleasant evening to take a stroll after hearing Esa-Pekka Salonen conduct Ligeti and Bartok at the NY Phil. What a glorious concert--just what I needed!

However, getting there was a bit of an adventure: I originally had a seat on the front row, but due to bus delays, got nervous and canceled it en route for a donation receipt. Miraculously, the bus deposited me there in the nick of time anyway! They'd already re-sold the ticket I gave up, so I ended up all the way back in row LL. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers, ha! I was in such a hurry--would you believe they sold me a student rush ticket without my asking? (I better take a snap of it for you; I can hardly believe it myself. ) Fitting, since I heard Salonen conduct the same pieces years ago when I actually was a young thing.

Oh well--off to toss, turn and stare at the ceiling thanks to my insomnia bug. Hope all is well with you...cheers!

Comment

• salymap
                Late member
                • Nov 2010

Morning Euda, Just off to the supermarket before all those pesky pensioners get there. sal

Comment

• mangerton
                  • Nov 2010

Saly, the moon rose in your area (se england?) around 19.45 last night. It rises tonight c 21.15.

According to this:

Find sunrise, sunset, moonrise and moonset times for any location worldwide in 2018 and 2019 with one click.

Comment

• salymap
                    Late member
                    • Nov 2010

Thanks mangerton, I'll look out for it soon.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                      • Dec 2010

Ligeti AND Bartok in one concert - what more could one ask, even from the back of the hall???!!!

Comment

• salymap
                        Late member
                        • Nov 2010

Morning all, have a good and peaceful day. Computer doing delayed printing so enough from me.

Comment

• greenilex
                          • Nov 2010

Morning saly and everyone. Have caught one or two glimpses of the giant moon - impressive, I must say.

Here it is dry and bright (ish) and the celandine are out.

Comment

• Mahlerei

Morning all

Very pleasant here, though nights still nippy. Buns will get their first run in the garden today. They are moulting like crazy, fur everywhere.
                            Last edited by Guest; 23-03-11, 15:58.

Comment

• Mahlerei

Spiffing weather, buns dashing about in the garden. Downside is that grass needs cutting, some tidying up required. Still, it's SUNNY and that's all that matters

Comment

• salymap
                                Late member
                                • Nov 2010

Hello Mahlerei, though you had gone away ! Spiffing indeed,must get that bench out of the shed. bestio,sal

Comment

Working...
                                X