Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eighthobstruction
    • Nov 2010

I'm sure the better parts of London have never come across an Iceland....
    bong ching

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
      Temp here overnight was -9C. By 10 a.m. = -5C.
      Crikey DracoM, that's cold, are you on top of a mountain? Here not even half as cold, but leaving home this morning at -1.5° it certainly felt it! I think we've managed around just under 5° max today, lovely in the sunshine (for short spells!), now a clear sky, pale tangerine where the sun has dipped behind the hills. This morning the higher peaks of the Black Mountains were very white but the foothills had just a frosting of snow on the tops.
      S_A, thanks for clip of thundersnow. From the description given to me of the Rossendale ones - thunder, lightning, then hail followed by heavy snow - it was something to be remembered.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
        Gone fishin'
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
        crisp and hard and clear....
        Yes - and definitely some warmth in the sunshine: green shoots appearing from the ground (I really must clean this carpet) and leaf buds showing on the roses.
        [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• teamsaint
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
          Yes - and definitely some warmth in the sunshine: green shoots appearing from the ground (I really must clean this carpet) and leaf buds showing on the roses.
          easter eggs and Daffodils in Tesco......
          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• marthe

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
            easter eggs and Daffodils in Tesco......
            Gosh, I saw Cadbury Eggs in the local supermarket on December 24th! Christmas chocolates were being put into the sale bin as Valentine chocs. and Cadbury Eggs were taking their place.

On topic, yesterday was a mess of snow, sleet, rain, freezing rain and then a plunge to single-digit temps (farenheit). Last night the low was about 6 F. Today has been cold, but sunny. Thank goodness the days are getting longer. More snow is on its way for late tomorrow into Thursday and Friday.

Comment

• BBMmk2
              Late Member
              • Nov 2010

Unfortunately I have a viral infection, so I might not be on for a few days. Grr!
              Don’t cry for me
              I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
                Unfortunately I have a viral infection, so I might not be on for a few days. Grr!
                Oh dear! Best to stay warm indoors, plenty of fluids - I find a big mug of hot Ribena works for me, so soooothing! And nourishing soups of course.

Here it's beautiful, absolutely clear sky, sunshine but - the wind is keen enough to slice your ears off. Although the Depress & Wail say we'll be digging ourselves out of snowdrifts for the next two weeks I see no sign of that on the Met Office site .....

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                  Host
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                  Lots of crocus and snowbell leaves sprouting along the Mall this morning, but nary a petal visible as yet...
                  "...the isle is full of noises,
                  Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                  Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                  Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                    Lots of crocus and snowbell leaves sprouting along the Mall this morning, but nary a petal visible as yet...
                    What's a snowbell? Some exotic species only found in the Metropolis? An escapee from the gardens of Buck House? Here in the Provinces we only have the humble snowdrop .... which have been out for a while and the daffs are fairly well advanced and buddy.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                      Host
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                      What's a snowbell? Some exotic species only found in the Metropolis? An escapee from the gardens of Buck House? Here in the Provinces we only have the humble snowdrop .... which have been out for a while and the daffs are fairly well advanced and buddy.
                      Oh.... buddy snowdrops, I meant!!

Just can't wait for bluebell season, is what it is!
                      "...the isle is full of noises,
                      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• mangerton
                        • Nov 2010

Overcast and 4º C here today. I am pleased to report that Dundee is still a snow-free zone.

Flowerwise, I saw one solitary snowdrop in full bloom in the church garden as I walked in last Sunday.

Comment

• Don Petter

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                          Oh.... buddy snowdrops, I meant!!

Just can't wait for bluebell season, is what it is!
                          Or the bluedrops, as they are known round here.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                            Although the Depress & Wail say we'll be digging ourselves out of snowdrifts for the next two weeks I see no sign of that on the Met Office site .....
                            "Brummie Simon!" has been getting himself worked up into a state over these two paper's alarmist predictions for quite some while now, and I can't say I blame him. High time someone ordered them to cough up which dodgy sites they're getting their information from.

Comment

• teamsaint
                              • Nov 2010

Its a quite stunning day down here. Little hints of spring everywhere, wall to wall sunshine, birds busy, all rather lovely.

It can stay like this for a bit.
                              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• alycidon
                                • Feb 2013

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                                Its a quite stunning day down here. Little hints of spring everywhere, wall to wall sunshine, birds busy, all rather lovely.
                                Yes, it's rather like that in the Great Glen, although we still have a thickish layer of snow on the back lawn where the sun hasn't been. Temperatures on the way up at last.
                                Money can't buy you happiness............but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery - Spike Milligan

Comment

Working...
                                X