Stormy Weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marthe

The rain has moved in and is falling quite steadily. No wind. Damp and dreary with temps in mid-40s F.

Comment

• Anna

When I set out this morning, only 1° and a severe frost, I nearly went base over apex! Luckily my sensible shoes saved me. Thank the Lord for footwear with good grip even if it makes me look like the District Nurse!
      Nice sunny day but rainy now.

Comment

• BBMmk2
        Late Member
        • Nov 2010

Oh no Anna! Hope all is well now!

Lovely day here(that all important yellow round thing I=made a glorified appearance all day!! )
        Don’t cry for me
        I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• mangerton
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Anna View Post
          When I set out this morning, only 1° and a severe frost, I nearly went base over apex! Luckily my sensible shoes saved me. Thank the Lord for footwear with good grip even if it makes me look like the District Nurse!
          Nice sunny day but rainy now.
          Do you have a bicycle with a basket? Seriously, sorry to hear that, and I do hope you're all right. Sensible Shoes were a great invention.

OT, damp and cold here today (2º C when I went to and returned from work), but not actually freezing.

Comment

• alycidon
            • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Anna View Post
            even if it makes me look like the District Nurse!
            Better that, than doing yourself a mischief, Anna! Who cares what we look like? Eight weeks in a plaster cast doesn't bear thinking about.

We managed the complete 1.2 mile walk this morning for the first time in nearly a week. Still plenty of ice around, so we had to take care, but it is raining now, and warmer, so hopefully the ice will disappear quickly.
            Money can't buy you happiness............but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery - Spike Milligan

Comment

• Pabmusic
              • May 2011

Wonderful news! The low pressure that has sat over us for the last 10 days 'may' herald another typhoon in 24 hours! It may hit just a little south of us (100 miles or so) but we will have it rough.

Bugger (to quote Capt. Darling).

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                • Nov 2010

Oh dear....best wishes....and very best of good luck to all in Philipines....what rotten 6 months you are having....
                bong ching

Comment

• Pabmusic
                  • May 2011

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
                  ...what rotten 6 months you are having....
                  There are (usually) plenty of bonuses. But...

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Pabmusic View Post
                    Wonderful news! The low pressure that has sat over us for the last 10 days 'may' herald another typhoon in 24 hours! It may hit just a little south of us (100 miles or so) but we will have it rough.

Bugger (to quote Capt. Darling).
                    Blimey Pabs - best of luck with that!

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                      • Dec 2010

I know our UK weather can be pretty dismal, especially our winters; but people thinking of emigrating/retiring to "warmer climes" really need to take account of downsides. I'm currently thinking in particular of anyone who thought to relocate to Melbourne, where, not for the first time recently temperatures are in the low 40s Celsius, and, unlike here, it takes little to ignite vegetation.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                        • Dec 2010

It's turned into a most unpleasant afternoon here, however mild for time of year - lights on indoors, thick drizzle out there, falling from a ragged grey sky resembling a torn dirty net curtain in the window of an abandoned basement.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                          Host
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                          a ragged grey sky resembling a torn dirty net curtain in the window of an abandoned basement.

I see your 'Creative Writing' module has recommenced after the Christmas vacation...
                          "...the isle is full of noises,
                          Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                          Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                          Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• BBMmk2
                            Late Member
                            • Nov 2010

Hope you be not too bad Pabs!

Rather a dull drizzely day today! The school kids orchestra tonight! They're playing some difficult music rather well! One being Paul Dukas's Sorcerer's Apprentice. They can be like him at times!!
                            Don’t cry for me
                            I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                              Banned
                              • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                              It's turned into a most unpleasant afternoon here, however mild for time of year - lights on indoors, thick drizzle out there, falling from a ragged grey sky resembling a torn dirty net curtain in the window of an abandoned basement.
                              Oh well if we're doing Creative Writing ... perhaps a little stronger without the "dirty" as you've already had "grey"...? Mmm.. yes, and the cadence is better too. I mean, just saying...

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                                • Nov 2010

Take care Pabmusic.
                                Perhaps getting drenched every time I've walked the dogs after work this week aint so bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X