Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pabmusic
    • May 2011

Horrible day - drizzle/light rain constantly (anyone from the UK will be familiar!) - and bursts of heavy rain and strong(ish) wind. There's a typhoon over Mindanao to the south - a 'normal' one, though.

Comment

• Flay
      • Mar 2007

Beautiful sunrise over crisp frost, all white and pink
      Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by Flay View Post
        Beautiful sunrise over crisp frost, all white and pink
        Same here, I watched the young Dawn with finger tips of rose as she opened the gates of heaven for the sun to rise.
        Unfortunately - an hour later it clouded over and is now uniformly grey.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
          Gone fishin'
          • Sep 2011

Deep frost in the Pennines this morning - even now the parked cars remain frosted, and the water in the bird baths was frozen. Looks beautiful, (sunlight sparkling on the silver earth) but I'm glad I don't have to go out in it!
          [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Richard Tarleton

All this talk of dawn's rosy fingers etc. put me in mind of the description of dawn over Cold Comfort Farm....

Dawn crept over the Downs like a sinister white animal, followed by the snarling cries of a a wind eating its way between the black boughs of the thorns. The wind was the furious voice of this sluggish animal light that was baring the dormers and mullions and scullions of Cold Comfort Farm.
            Stella Gibbons awards herself two stars for this passage according "to the method perfected by the late Herr Baedecker".

Comment

• Petrushka
              • Nov 2010

A crisp, cold and frosty morning here. So much better than all the rain and wind we've been having.
              "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Pabmusic View Post
                Horrible day - drizzle/light rain constantly (anyone from the UK will be familiar!) - and bursts of heavy rain and strong(ish) wind. There's a typhoon over Mindanao to the south - a 'normal' one, though.
                ....hope you are well ....
                bong ching

Comment

• Petrushka
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
                  A crisp, cold and frosty morning here. So much better than all the rain and wind we've been having.
                  Spoke too soon. It's turned into a cold, dank, afternoon.
                  "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• gurnemanz
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
                    Spoke too soon. It's turned into a cold, dank, afternoon.
                    "Dank" was the word I used when we turned up to play an outdoor tennis fixture this afternoon. Surprisingly pleasant playing conditions with little wind and no actual falling rain. Balls got very damp - tennis balls, that is.

Comment

• Anna

I like the word 'Mucoid' Yes, it's been horrible here as well, and so dark so early

Comment

• BBMmk2
                        Late Member
                        • Nov 2010

Not too bad a day yesterday, down these parts! Cloudy and sunny so cant ask for better at this time of year. had a busy weekend. Mys son's 27th birthday(my goodness!) Times marching on! His gf came as well and had a delecious lunch, lovingly prepared, as always by MrsBBM. Incidentally, anyone iw welcome here for a meal sometime. Make arrangmenets before hand?
                        Don’t cry for me
                        I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                          • Dec 2010

Temperature reached a reasonable 7.5 degrees C here this afternoon. Now it's raining moderately - I was watching out for lightning from the long bank of cumulonimbus slowly advancing from the west but didn't see any on my 5 minutes around the block. It appears from the forecast that some unfortunate people will have to be patient for some time before the floods abate.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                            Temperature reached a reasonable 7.5 degrees C here this afternoon. Now it's raining moderately - I was watching out for lightning from the long bank of cumulonimbus slowly advancing from the west but didn't see any on my 5 minutes around the block. It appears from the forecast that some unfortunate people will have to be patient for some time before the floods abate.
                            After a bright, clear, sunny morning we had a steady build up of dark clouds and showers this afternoon.

Just now a torrential downpour of the 'no sooner has it started than it is over' variety

Quite cool out too.

Comment

• marthe

Quite a lovely day here with bright sun and reasonable temps (mid-40s F). It'll be all downhill from this point with clouds, dampness, and rain moving in for tomorrow.

Comment

• Pabmusic
                                • May 2011

Still damp 'British' weather. Temperatures are low and Filipinos are going round with jackets and the like because they're cold - they complain about it too! The temperature today is 24° C!

Comment

Working...
                                X