Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Petrushka
    • Nov 2010

Yes, welcome back from me too, BBM. Sorry to hear of the cowboy removal men. Best plan in circumstances where similar people have to be used is to seek recommendations from friends, relatives, colleagues etc.

On topic, pouring with rain this evening but mercifully no wind so umbrella stayed up! Not particularly cold though.
    "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
      Thanks, Rob! I hope weekend wont be too bad, weather wise!! Was lucky in my region for bonfire night
      Possibly some rain on Sunday, (more in the north), otherwise not too bad. Great to have you back with us, BBM, and glad the move worked out OK in the end.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
        Ex-member
        • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
        Possibly some rain on Sunday, (more in the north), otherwise not too bad. Great to have you back with us, BBM, and glad the move worked out OK in the end.
        Don't care if it rains, I've just ordered a pair of Dunlop rubber (not PVC) Wellies off Amazon.

Amazed to see some people pay over £100 for flash French ones!

I tought I was pushing the boat out at £10!!!!

Comment

• Pabmusic
          • May 2011

We're expecting a typhoon (that's a hurricane in the Atlantic) to hit in 12 hours or so. Force 4, which is not so good. It may well knock out communications (not to mention electricity) for a while, so I may not be appearing much for a while. Our house should be fine, though.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
            • Nov 2010

oooo totally all the best Pab....hope everybody near and far get through it ok....
            bong ching

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Pabmusic View Post
              We're expecting a typhoon (that's a hurricane in the Atlantic) to hit in 12 hours or so. Force 4, which is not so good. It may well knock out communications (not to mention electricity) for a while, so I may not be appearing much for a while. Our house should be fine, though.
              Best of luck, Pabs.

(You had me for a moment there, thinking, Force 4? That's just about enough to raise our leaves!)

Comment

• salymap
                Late member
                • Nov 2010

According to the RT - on BBC4 at 7.30 tonight-

The Sky at Night are in Blackheath to watch a lunar eclipse.

Also shown on Sunday.

Should see it here then S_A

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                  Host
                  • Nov 2010

Jeepers! Hold on to your hat. Keep safe and snug and report in when you're back on line!
                  "...the isle is full of noises,
                  Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                  Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                  Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by salymap View Post
                    According to the RT - on BBC4 at 7.30 tonight-

The Sky at Night are in Blackheath to watch a lunar eclipse.

Also shown on Sunday.

Should see it here then S_A

Thanks saly; sadly I shall be off to Highgate tonight - not to moonwatch from its elevated situation, but for a recital at Lauderdale House.

Comment

• Pabmusic
                      • May 2011

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                      Best of luck, Pabs.

(You had me for a moment there, thinking, Force 4? That's just about enough to raise our leaves!)
                      It's not the Beaufort scale: http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/aboutsshws.php

As I write, the TV tells us that Capiz is now expecting Category 2 storms - which is an improvement (if it happens). We live on the west side of the Phils and typhoons approach from the east, so the poor people in the east will get the Category 4 weather.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                        • Nov 2010

Thinking of the way hurricanes are given names....has anybody come across the most slow and breathless wind to ever hit the capital in recent years ....called Chilcot....
                        bong ching

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                          • Dec 2010

It's not the Beaufort scale: http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/aboutsshws.php
                          Sure!

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
                            Thinking of the way hurricanes are given names....has anybody come across the most slow and breathless wind to ever hit the capital in recent years ....called Chilcot....
                            "N"?

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                              • Nov 2010

I believe it is set to swirl very slowly around and around Downing Street until May 2015....just in time for the election....cynical Moi??
                              bong ching

Comment

• Anna

Nice day here, sunny, 13° but spitty rain now and 9.5°. I had to escape first thing from the banging so went for a walk in the park, still surprised to see no real leaf colour still, then went for a coffee and a sticky pastry with a friend.
                                Back home, no back door, no windows, nowhere to sit for boxes of power tools and dustsheets - banished to the bedroom as a safe haven. One more day's work and it'll all be over. But, I am so pleased with my new back door (makes the kitchen so much lighter) and the work they've done. I won't be exactly hermetically sealed but this this new technology heat exchanging glass I can already feel I won't need the heating so much. The boss of the workers, Lionel, gets his words in a real muddle. He was saying he has to be careful as he has had three hernias, one groin and one 'umbickle' and then he says 'I am supple for hernias' Took me a while to work out he meant he is susceptible to hernias! Sorry, too offtopic. I doubt if I'll see a lunar eclipse here but hope S_A enjoys his recital.

Comment

Working...
                                X