• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nick Armstrong
    Host
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Anna View Post
    Gosh, Crikey Moses, the vast Orion-Eridanus bubble, a giant supershell of molecular hydrogen, I blow in your face!
    Oh, how exciting, someone who also understands deep space, and is articulate ........
    Well, she would say that, wouldn't she?
    Last on the subject of witches, at Caliban Towers we are following a gaudy series called American Horror Story: Coven... Here are the opening titles, which I think are extremely well done!

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

(Change the setting to 720p HD, go full screen and turn up the sound. If you dare! )

And so: good night! (Cloudy but dry night here)
    Last edited by Nick Armstrong; 03-11-13, 03:44.
    "...the isle is full of noises,
    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• DracoM
      Host
      • Mar 2007

Wild, wild day yesterday in Ultima Thule. Strangely, no mention on BBC News.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
        Last on the subject of witches, at Caliban Towers we are following a gaudy series called American Horror Story: Coven... Here are the opening titles, which I think are extremely well done!

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

(Change the setting to 720p HD, go full screen and turn up the sound. If you dare! )

And so: good night! (Cloudy but dry night here)

GOSH !!!....definitely not for me!!....i.e. Coven

....yes, a wild wild night alright....stripped the leaves from trees....
        Last edited by eighthobstruction; 03-11-13, 17:44.
        bong ching

Comment

• marthe

The clocks went back early this morning so we are now back to Standard Time until April. Days drawing in and light gets softer. There's still plenty of color about as the leaves haven't yet fallen. We had windy (almost gale force) weather for a couple of days but today was quite calm...good for leaf raking.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by marthe View Post
            The clocks went back early this morning so we are now back to Standard Time until April. Days drawing in and light gets softer. There's still plenty of color about as the leaves haven't yet fallen. We had windy (almost gale force) weather for a couple of days but today was quite calm...good for leaf raking.
            Our leaves are turning into a nasty dirty mush, as a consequence of heavy rain repeatedly falling upon them. The lads and lasses who do the leaf clearance have a nasty job in store - their leaf blowers won't do it!

Really disappointing evening for me. Had intended going to a gig - a friend (and well-known jazz musician) performing with a new line-up, including a Japanese flautist, at the Cafe Oto in Dalston. Waited 15 minutes in the cold rain for a bus to take me to Sydenham station, where I discovered the line to be closed for "engineering works" I know - I should have checked TFL - but this is the first time I've known this to happen on a main line since moving here 9 years ago. I couild have come back to my nearby station and got the train to Victoria, and thence the Victoria Line and Bakerloo to Islington, but there would have been a mile-long walk to Dalston and back again - the Overground is also closed - and that line closes early on Sundays, and would have meant leaving the gig early. So I ended up walking home. At one point I started when a young black guy overtook me. He looked around and said, "Sorry man - didn't mean to scare you, what with my hood being up. Mind how you go!"

Comment

• salymap
              Late member
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
              Our leaves are turning into a nasty dirty mush, as a consequence of heavy rain repeatedly falling upon them. The lads and lasses who do the leaf clearance have a nasty job in store - their leaf blowers won't do it!

Really disappointing evening for me. Had intended going to a gig - a friend (and well-known jazz musician) performing with a new line-up, including a Japanese flautist, at the Cafe Oto in Dalston. Waited 15 minutes in the cold rain for a bus to take me to Sydenham station, where I discovered the line to be closed for "engineering works" I know - I should have checked TFL - but this is the first time I've known this to happen on a main line since moving here 9 years ago. I couild have come back to my nearby station and got the train to Victoria, and thence the Victoria Line and Bakerloo to Islington, but there would have been a mile-long walk to Dalston and back again - the Overground is also closed - and that line closes early on Sundays, and would have meant leaving the gig early. So I ended up walking home. At one point I started when a young black guy overtook me. He looked around and said, "Sorry man - didn't mean to scare you, what with my hood being up. Mind how you go!"
              Bad luck S_A, sounds a wasted evening but nice touch at the end.

OT bucketing down here and likely to be a day living on leftovers as haven't shopped for a few days.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                • Nov 2010

Golden morning with frost on the fields....not a cloud in the sky....
                bong ching

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                  • Dec 2010

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
                  Golden morning with frost on the fields....not a cloud in the sky....
                  Beautiful day here too, excellent visibility, rain cleared by 8 this morning; but at just 6.5 degrees C making it the coldest since April 5. Looks likely to be a changeable week to come, but a little warmer - reassuring to get normal weather patterns resuming after the topsy turviness of the past couple of years!

So, Dame Ethel Smythe (COTW) originated from Sidcup. I wonder if our Salymap knows.

Comment

• salymap
                    Late member
                    • Nov 2010

S_A, my cousin has all her books [print too small for me] and some fascinating details. She lived in a big house in Sidcup Place, used to ride her horse over to Woolwich to see her uncle, commanding the Garrison and thinkthere was nothing but countryside in between.

I think she was born,or lived when young, in a house in Sidcup High Street,no blue plaque AFAIK and house gone and just shops.

I am trying to tape programmes but not sure tape is working as I never use it.

OT, Cor it did rain earlier. Sunny but cold now

Comment

• DracoM
                      Host
                      • Mar 2007

Here in Ultima Thule it is a peerless, cold, totally clear November day.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                        Late Member
                        • Nov 2010

just ebefore you thought it was safe to be on for3.org, it was'nt! Bbm has returned!!!
                        Don’t cry for me
                        I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
                          just ebefore you thought it was safe to be on for3.org, it was'nt! Bbm has returned!!!
                          Yaayyyy Bbm welcome back! How did your move go? Are you unpacked yet?

Salymap'll be thrilled - she can call EdgeleyRob and his hounds off the search for you

Comment

• BBMmk2
                            Late Member
                            • Nov 2010

Lol! have I been missed then!! Well the move was awful, unfortunately. A cowboy firm. I can tell you I don't half pick them! if it weren't for my jamming partner's wife, I don't know where we would have been like! Poor MrsBBM< wasn't too great after the move too. Unfortunately but, all up and running by the end of the next day!

tell saly that the hounds can be called off!
                            Don’t cry for me
                            I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                              Host
                              • Nov 2010

BLOODY RAIN!!!
                              "...the isle is full of noises,
                              Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                              Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                              Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• teamsaint
                                • Nov 2010

Stopped raining here.
                                Cold.

You not enjoying these refreshing showers, Cals? Does it not add extra "Zip" to the old Wigginsmobile....or do you have to swap to wet weather tyres??
                                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Working...
                                X