X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Serial_Apologist
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Anna View Post

I've moved vunerable tubs and checked all windows securely shut but I notice a neighbour still has all their garden furniture out ....
    I've been offering, in the politest and least patronising of tones, natch, to help others move any outside furniture to safety. After all, we can't have other people's stuff in danger of clattering into other people's windows now, can we??

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
      Host
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Thropplenoggin View Post
      Looks like I picked the wrong day to give up kite-flying.
      You know what they say.... High as a .....

"...the isle is full of noises,
      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• eighthobstruction
        • Nov 2010

Great Film....laugh , I roared....
        bong ching

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
          I've been offering, in the politest and least patronising of tones, natch, to help others move any outside furniture to safety. After all, we can't have other people's stuff in danger of clattering into other people's windows now, can we??
          Indeed, particularly when it might be one of my windows! Here is an account of the meteorlogical conditions behind the Abercynon Tornado - and how spooky it was exactly 100 years ago! http://www.geologywales.co.uk/storms/1913.htm
          I had a Dyson once, I'm afraid it was very short lived and would have taken ££££s to repair so it was ditched. I hope you have better luck with yours 8obs.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Caliban View Post

What are ya like .... !!
            ....Eeer that's upward mobility for yee.... "Britain remains a divided society" Alan Milburn....too right....aye them that's got Dysons , n'them that ain't....eat dust pleb!!!!....

....I might not use it for a while I might just take it out of the packaging....put it on my mantlepiece, and just look/worship it's ergonomic splendifferousness....
            bong ching

Comment

• Thropplenoggin
              • Mar 2013

You know what they say.... High as a .....
              It loved to happen. -- Marcus Aurelius

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
                ....I might not use it for a while I might just take it out of the packaging....put it on my mantlepiece, and just look/worship it's ergonomic splendifferousness....
                I love your mind ..... and the way it works! The design of Dysons is magnificent, I must admit but somehow, I just cannot visualise you being an ardent vacuumer, if you now tell me you wear Marigolds to do the washing up and put a coaster under your cuppa then all my illusions will be shattered .....

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                  Host
                  • Nov 2010

if you now tell me you wear Marigolds to do the washing up and put a coaster under your cuppa then all my illusions will be shattered .....
                  Nay lass, no fear, si'thee

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                    • Nov 2010

Tellee what Anna....it's my belief that AI (artificial intelligence) is already in action with this machine....it's already showing me what a dutty dutty boy I've been in the past....

....definitely no marigolds (s'like taking a shower with yer clothes on innit love)....

....Ere that Dyson gotta suck on it like ....well far too rude to tellee innit....get bitta 'magination there....
                    bong ching

Comment

• Mr Pee
                      • Nov 2010

I see that Southern Railway have decided they're not even going to attempt to run any service at all before 9am at the earliest tomorrow morning because of potential hazards on the lines.

Is this the first time trains have been cancelled because of the wrong kind of weather forecast?
                      Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• Anna

Nay lass, no fear, si'thee
                        That's probably because you leave it all to your Filipinno lady?

I don't think I dare reply to 8obs now he's removed the Dyson from the mantlepiece ....

Comment

• Petrushka
                          • Nov 2010

It's now getting very windy here and there has already been some blustery showers. The area covered by the Great Storm on the BBC weather map may or may not be over here, difficult to tell. Very strong winds can punch out our fence panels (one once blew down the road) so anything can happen. Perhaps we will be glad that a neighbour persuaded us to cut down a very large tree in our garden last summer (they paid as it was overhanging).
                          "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• Petrushka
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Mr Pee View Post
                            I see that Southern Railway have decided they're not even going to attempt to run any service at all before 9am at the earliest tomorrow morning because of potential hazards on the lines.

Is this the first time trains have been cancelled because of the wrong kind of weather forecast?
                            East Midlands Trains have so far been content to give a warning of possible disruption.
                            "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                              Host
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
                              Tellee what Anna....it's my belief that AI (artificial intelligence) is already in action with this machine....it's already showing me what a dutty dutty boy I've been in the past....

....definitely no marigolds (s'like taking a shower with yer clothes on innit love)....

....Ere that Dyson gotta suck on it like ....well far too rude to tellee innit....get bitta 'magination there....
                              POST OF THE MONTH!!!!!!

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                                Host
                                • Nov 2010

That's probably because you leave it all to your Filipinno lady?
                                I was talking about 8tho actually; but in any event no Marigolds here; and she's Portuguese

Comment

Working...
                                X