X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anna

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
    ... mugs?? mugs???
    ... well really. I thort this was a Third Programme forum. Don't people have teapots? ... don't people have cups and saucers???
    Well I'm sure BBM and Mrs. BBM will get the Rockingham teaset out - but I was talking about a cuppa for the lower orders - the removal men!

Comment

• mercia
      • Nov 2010

yes, I was just about to say, surely one wouldn't serve tea to tradesmen in Royal Doulton ?

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by mercia View Post
        yes, I was just about to say, surely one wouldn't serve tea to tradesmen in Royal Doulton ?
        Only outside the back door.

Comment

• vinteuil
          • Nov 2010

... I try not to lower my standards. No matter with whom I am dealing.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
            "Cups"??? Typical of the lowering of standards that plagues R3 these days. Teabowls, surely? (As in that Birtwistle opera Gaiwan)
            ....Tea bowls are available....Yorkshires best....
            bong ching

Comment

• salymap
              Late member
              • Nov 2010

Well, mugs or the best china, don't forget to offer the workmen table napkins and little mats or they will leave rings on the nearest piece of furniture,used as a table.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                Late Member
                • Nov 2010

Indeed, saly!! I just hope the isobars will be ok on the day!!
                Don’t cry for me
                I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                  Host
                  • Nov 2010

teabags??

Last edited by Nick Armstrong; 21-10-13, 21:24.
                  "...the isle is full of noises,
                  Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                  Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                  Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                    Gone fishin'
                    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• mercia
                      • Nov 2010

... I try not to lower my standards. No matter with whom I am dealing.
                      very commendable I'm sure, but isn't it the thin end of the wedge? Next thing you know the colonies will be wanting independence and girlies will want to join cathedral choirs. Give them an inch ..........
                      Last edited by mercia; 22-10-13, 11:43. Reason: toning down my warped humour

Comment

• salymap
                        Late member
                        • Nov 2010

very commendable I'm sure, but isn't it the thin end of the wedge? Next thing you know the darkies in the colonies will be wanting independence and girlies will want to join cathedral choirs. Give them an inch ..........
                        And girlies might even want to conduct a symphony orchestra or write music, when we all know they should be getting supper ready for their menfolk or ruling lines on the mss paper like Lady Elgar.

OT Itseems chilly to me but can't see whether it's raining yet.
                        Last edited by salymap; 22-10-13, 06:16.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                          Late Member
                          • Nov 2010

Well might not be here for a couple of days, due to move! So Ciao for now!!
                          Don’t cry for me
                          I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
                            Well might not be here for a couple of days, due to move! So Ciao for now!!
                            Missing you already ........... I'm sure it'll all go well, don't forget to put butter on Shearer's paws!
                            Well I don't think it stopped all night and midmorning - such deluges you couldn't see through them. The river is running high and brick red from the clay soil, lucky it was still at an all time low but it doesn't bode well if we get much more (it's cleared and is reasonably sunny now), lots of branches down and leaves were flying - they've just started now to change colour. I now have a leak via the redundant vented flue so I need to find a chimney sweep to fit a new rain cowl - one thing after the other!

I shall relax with the Final of Bake Off tonight - anyone else watch this? My money is on Frances

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                              Missing you already ........... I'm sure it'll all go well, don't forget to put butter on Shearer's paws!
                              Well I don't think it stopped all night and midmorning - such deluges you couldn't see through them. The river is running high and brick red from the clay soil, lucky it was still at an all time low but it doesn't bode well if we get much more (it's cleared and is reasonably sunny now), lots of branches down and leaves were flying - they've just started now to change colour. I now have a leak via the redundant vented flue so I need to find a chimney sweep to fit a new rain cowl - one thing after the other!

I shall relax with the Final of Bake Off tonight - anyone else watch this? My money is on Frances
                              Yes, Brummie Si had predicted very heavy rain in the Becon Beacons area - not sure about how far from there you are, Anna.

Poor BBM - he hasn't exactly got the weather onside for his move!!!

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                                Yes, Brummie Si had predicted very heavy rain in the Becon Beacons area - not sure about how far from there you are, Anna.
                                Well, not exactly the Beacons proper, I'm more Black Mountains which are the easternmost of the four ranges of mountains that comprise the Brecon Beacons National Park, and are frequently confused with the westernmost, which is known as the Black Mountain. To confuse matters further, there is a peak in the Black Mountains called Black Mountain!
                                Aha, the Welsh continue to baffle the English!! Just call it Bandit Country!

Comment

Working...
                                X