Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eighthobstruction
    • Nov 2010

Just talked to the most wonderful Yorkshire bigot while walking dogs this golden golden morning....MY, we have such large basis of bigotry around here, being next to[ in news] Bradford ....I let him run on, him with a vast rucksac of virtue on his back, and me manu (I always have trouble spelling this word) manuevring (that'll do) to stay in sun while the old cliches flowed and flowed (my good deed for the day i thought, as i let him go on and on unhindered, and with hardly a space between words for me to take my leave) Eeeee, Yorkshire confidence it's reet bold n'brassy....I'd hate to have his nerve in a tooth....quite put me off my whistled version of Chicagoes 25 or 6 to 4.....spinning room is spinning deep....and beck a good Tetleys colour....
    bong ching

Comment

• Petrushka
      • Nov 2010

A wonderfully sunny morning here and warming up nicely. Unfortunately have to block the sun out of my listening room as it blasts straight on to CD's, photos, books and the like and will ruin them. Less of an issue in summer when the sun is high in the sky but from September on it is a real problem.
      "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
        Host
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
        Just talked to the most wonderful Yorkshire bigot while walking dogs this golden golden morning....MY, we have such large basis of bigotry around here, being next to[ in news] Bradford ....I let him run on, him with a vast rucksac of virtue on his back, and me manu (I always have trouble spelling this word) manuevring (that'll do) to stay in sun while the old cliches flowed and flowed (my good deed for the day i thought, as i let him go on and on unhindered, and with hardly a space between words for me to take my leave) Eeeee, Yorkshire confidence it's reet bold n'brassy....I'd hate to have his nerve in a tooth....quite put me off my whistled version of Chicagoes 25 or 6 to 4.....spinning room is spinning deep....and beck a good Tetleys colour....

Can't think of a post on the Forum I've enjoyed recently more that that one!

Loved the mental image of you keeping more than half an eye on staying in the sun

Presumably the dogs just gave up temporarily, lay down and went to sleep?

Anyway, classic scene!
        "...the isle is full of noises,
        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
          Gone fishin'
          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
          Anyway, classic scene!
          Look; all I said was "You get a lot of colours at this time of year"!

Never mind 8thob; glorious Sunday in the Pennines. Yorkshire - wasted on so many Yorkshiremen.
          [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Anna

I've been wondering what the Yorkshire bigot was being bigotted about ...., anything to do with Lancashire? I'd never heard the expression "I'd hate to have his nerve in his tooth"
            In fact further news from Oop North, family in Lancs, their son yesterday was presented with the Under-11s Bowler of the Year 2013 Award from the local cricket club. I think that's a great achievement (being partial to cricket)
            Anyway, lovely sunny day here, it's 19°, very thick mist/fog overnight and this morning.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
              Yorkshire - wasted on so many Yorkshiremen.
              I used to feel the same about Bristol, I'm afraid. So maybe you fare well where you are, Eighth. "We're a taciturn lot, us Bristolians" just about summed 'em up, not all of them, I hasten to add... and as for Londoners, generalising again....

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                • Dec 2010

I forgot to mention: make the most of the next 3 days, because Thursday's going to come as quite a shock to the system, if the forecasters are correct. Make sure the warm woolies are to hand, bleed those radiators.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                  • Nov 2010

Bristolians........we're part of the M4 Corridor....This little piggy went to market, This little piggy stayed at home,This little piggy had roast beef, this little piggy had none, AND this- little- piggy- went....Roight Up Yer M4 corridor....[sic]....
                  bong ching

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                    • Nov 2010

Stunning sunny day here.
                    Lovely long (dogless ,not the same,hoping to adopt a rescue Labrador very soon)walk this morning.

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                      Stunning sunny day here.
                      Lovely long (dogless ,not the same,hoping to adopt a rescue Labrador very soon)walk this morning.
                      Ooh, that's good news Rob - glad to hear it, have you met the new Labrador yet?

Comment

• BBMmk2
                        Late Member
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                        I forgot to mention: make the most of the next 3 days, because Thursday's going to come as quite a shock to the system, if the forecasters are correct. Make sure the warm woolies are to hand, bleed those radiators.
                        Why is it that when Thursdays arrive, the weather changes for the worst? When it's my short day at work?
                        Don’t cry for me
                        I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                          Host
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
                          Roight Up Yer M4 corridor...
                          That'll make yer eyes water....
                          "...the isle is full of noises,
                          Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                          Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                          Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                            Ooh, that's good news Rob - glad to hear it, have you met the new Labrador yet?
                            Not yet Anna thanks,waiting for the right one to come around.
                            We get an e mail update every week of new dogs that have arrived at the centre but there is quite a quick turnaround.
                            The ones we show an interest in seem to be already snapped up by the time we enquire or are not used to young children so just biding our time.

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                              Not yet Anna thanks,waiting for the right one to come around.
                              We get an e mail update every week of new dogs that have arrived at the centre but there is quite a quick turnaround.
                              The ones we show an interest in seem to be already snapped up by the time we enquire or are not used to young children so just biding our time.
                              Oh, yes, I understand the vetting process, but could you not just get a Lab puppy? Or do you want an older one? Labs are so adorable, I am sure they don't bother with young children, they are, I am sure, more interested in where the next meal is coming from. Edit: unless it's young children!!

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                                Oh, yes, I understand the vetting process, but could you not just get a Lab puppy? Or do you want an older one? Labs are so adorable, I am sure they don't bother with young children, they are, I am sure, more interested in where the next meal is coming from. Edit: unless it's young children!!
                                We have had one or two puppies over the years and had our house and contents chewed to bits.
                                Would rather someone else went through it all for us and we'll take the ready made house trained dog.

Comment

Working...
                                X