Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amateur51

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
    Well turned out to be a good day weather wise! Well, on nthe home fron not so good! had an email yesterday, from our letting agents, saying that our landlord is wanting us to move out by February, in five months time! he wants to sell and we have only been here since novemeber last year!! bugler lake!
    Gosh Bbm, my blood ran cold when you mentioned that - you have my deepest sympathy & best wishes that you find another suitable place promptly and affordably. It's my nightmare moment, being asked to leave *shudder*

Comment

• Anna

Oh BBM, that's awful, you just get settled and - it's on the move again. I do hope Mrs. BBM got good news from her procedure that was done a few weeks ago and she is now in good health?

Originally posted by mangerton View Post
      I hope your blood is OK, Anna. I'm not too keen on Dundee cake as it has nuts all over it - just like Dundee, really. What, btw, is a Marlborough bun?.
      Ah, Dundee - bit like Brazil - where the nuts come from?

No idea what a Marlborough bun is, it seemed like a heavier Bath Bun, or a rockier Rock Cake with a glaze and sugar lumps on top, or a Chelsea Bun with attitude. Very welcome after a fast anyway! (My blood, btw, is fine, I humour the surgery by going along as I know they get paid oodles for doing it in the hope that if I need to see a Real Doctor my Brownie Points count for something ........)

Comment

• salymap
        Late member
        • Nov 2010

Oh what a worry BBM, good luck to you and Mrs.

I thought they couldn't just do that now, bestio

Comment

• BBMmk2
          Late Member
          • Nov 2010

thank you dear friends on these boards. Well I am trying my best to get my head round this, but yes, my main worry is MrsBBM. Ok she had this procedure done recently, but she does get quite uptight about things quite easily. ofcourse with a situation like this, she be quite perceptable.
          Don’t cry for me
          I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Anna

Don't know what to suggest BBM, never been in that position of being asked to quit, have rented of course, some pretty dodgy landlords along the way ........ CAB is always a good starting point. Poor Mrs. BBM, it's her I feel sorry for, not long out of hospital.

Comment

• BBMmk2
              Late Member
              • Nov 2010

Indeed Anna. The strange thing is that the landlord wanted to know if we were going to stay for another year!?!?!?
              Don’t cry for me
              I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Anna

Indeed Anna. The strange thing is that the landlord wanted to know if we were going to stay for another year!?!?!?
                Then, can you offer him 6 months guaranteed rental up front - perhaps he is trying it on?
                I would call his bluff!

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                  • Nov 2010

Good luck BBM,hope things work out ok for you and yours.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                    Ex-member
                    • Sep 2013

thank you dear friends on these boards. Well I am trying my best to get my head round this, but yes, my main worry is MrsBBM. Ok she had this procedure done recently, but she does get quite uptight about things quite easily. ofcourse with a situation like this, she be quite perceptable.
                    Try to remain calm, especially for MrsBBM. If it's certain, move out in your own time and not before. If it takes more than 5 months, what can your landlord realistically do? You may not need to move out until May or June next year.

My heart goes out to you.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                      Gone fishin'
                      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                      Good luck BBM,hope things work out ok for you and yours.
                      - from me, too, Bbm.
                      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Petrushka
                        • Nov 2010

Best of luck, BBM. I'd second Anna's advice and pop along to the Citizen's Advice people. There's a help centre of some kind near Brighton railway station on Queen's Road if I remember correctly. Perhaps they can help if it's an appropriate kind of place?
                        "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• mangerton
                          • Nov 2010

Yes, best of luck, bbm. It's a difficult thing to have to deal with - happened to me 15 years ago, it worked out well. I hope you have the same experience.

Comment

• alycidon
                            • Feb 2013

bugler lake!
                            Bugler Lake? I did Latin - but I never came across that expression!
                            Money can't buy you happiness............but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery - Spike Milligan

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                              • Nov 2010

Banal Observation....on the path to the woods this morning....thousands (yes, 1000's) of metallic emerald beetles about the size of a match head....all dead....

....Lapwings flocking (100 or more)....
                              Last edited by eighthobstruction; 11-09-13, 10:38.
                              bong ching

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
                                Banal Observation....on the path to the woods this morning....thousands (yes, 1000's) of metallic emerald beetles about the size of a match head....all dead....

....Lapwings flocking (100 or more)....
                                Good news about the lapwings, eighth. Can't say I know what to make of the beetles though.

Comment

Working...
                                X