Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anna

Originally posted by salymap View Post
    I've had a welcome email from our #1 Mahlerei.
    He's is getting used to new specs, so hope that helps his bad sight problem.
    And he's not missing the MBs with all the rows and wrangling.
    The buns and Sky agree with him.
    On topic, bright but chilly here - hope it keeps dry for Wimbledon.
    That's good to hear about Mahleri but I hope you pointed out that on this thread it's all sweetness and light, peace and harmony with no rows or wrangling!
    Yesterday first thing was just 4° and a friend who lives higher up the hlll and is more exposed had a ground frost. It soon warmed up and we were over 20°. I did see the supermoon on Saturday and Sunday night but unfortunately only when it was high in the sky during broken cloud, not when it was rising to get the full effect of fullness, but it was lovely, big, and bright. Today seems to be looking good but I think a few showers tomorrow and Friday (and thank goodness we have seen the last of the cold winds)

Comment

• BBMmk2
      Late Member
      • Nov 2010

Indeed Anna!I will contact him soon and let him knjow! I have a busy day today at work! A recital with the students ands staff this afternoon!!

BTW not too bad after the curry last night!(Cali!! )
      Don’t cry for me
      I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
        Host
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
        Pom pom pom tiddly-pom pom pom!!!
        "...the isle is full of noises,
        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• BBMmk2
          Late Member
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Caliban View Post

Thye studentrs enjoyed the recital and they started to clap along to the music, eg The Great Escape and The A Team etc.
          Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Anna

Nice warm and sunny morning, now miserable, started to rain around 2pm as forecast and it's been heavy and consistent since then and only 12° Still, I console myself that my beans will be lapping it up and tomorrow will be dryish with temps picking up throughout next week. I do hope so, I splashed out on some light summery tops this week .....

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Anna View Post
              Nice warm and sunny morning, now miserable, started to rain around 2pm as forecast and it's been heavy and consistent since then and only 12° Still, I console myself that my beans will be lapping it up and tomorrow will be dryish with temps picking up throughout next week. I do hope so, I splashed out on some light summery tops this week .....
              That's what they're promising, Anna, and I hope they're right: one of the neighbours is holding a barbecue tomorrow for some of his friends. But all these promising predictions seem somehow to get waylaid by the weather's infuriating habit of getting in the way. Your rain has just reached here, btw.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                Gone fishin'
                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
                Originally posted by Caliban
                Surely, "Popadom popadom popadom"?
                [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Tevot
                  • Nov 2010

Well - it is currently raining in un-sunny Manchester and we were informed earlier by a guy at the till in the Co-op Supermarket (boasting splendid views of Manchester Victoria Station) that the next five summers will be just as bad. This could either be blatant misinformation or unreconstructed Northern Optimism You decide !!!

(The aforementioned comes courtesy of The Rovers Return, TV Land)

Tomorrow - we follow the clouds to Bradford. Can't wait !!

Comment

• Petrushka
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                    Nice warm and sunny morning, now miserable, started to rain around 2pm as forecast and it's been heavy and consistent since then and only 12°
                    The same here with a strongish wind. I'm off work tomorrow meeting friends and, no matter what time of the year we do this, the weather is guaranteed to be awful.
                    "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Tevot View Post

Tomorrow - we follow the clouds to Bradford. Can't wait !!

I take it you are here now Tevot.....you were right....greymuggy mizzle drizzle....not a day for curries....
                      bong ching

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                        Host
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                        Surely, "Popadom popadom popadom"?
                        You have a point !
                        "...the isle is full of noises,
                        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
                          I take it you are here now Tevot.....you were right....greymuggy mizzle drizzle....not a day for curries....
                          I've heard they rarely have rain in India

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                            I've heard they rarely have rain in India
                            The rate of rainfall India clocks up in its monsoon season might suggest little time for such British luxuries as drizzle, ahem.

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                              The rate of rainfall India clocks up in its monsoon season might suggest little time for such British luxuries as drizzle, ahem.
                              Indeed S_A, and looking at the recent floods it does make me rather ashamed that we complain about our weather so much ..... showery start today, stayed mainly cloudy but warm at 20° but again a quite strong wind. The BBC forecast says (for here) after Wednesday it'll warm up considerably and rising to 29° next Sunday. We shall see.

(Avert your eyes now non-gardeners) Tomorrow or Sunday is potting day here! I was in the market by 8am and bought some lovely plants, two trailing fuchsias, double flowers, almost totally white but with a slight pink blush (Pink Marshmallow) an upright double flowered tuberous begonia in white plus a whole box of sturdy mixed geraniums. How could I not buy them at 30p per plant? I envy S_A finding some cast-off glazed pots!! Also, a lovely French lavender in the deepest purple, total outlay only £9.50, plus punnet of the sweetest yellow plums (Mirabelle?) they have a flavour almost like a nectarine and a pound of cherries, total outlay £2) I wonder where Marthe is, she's knowledgeable about plants. Also, I've got some frilly lettuce seeds which I'll sow and grow on the kitchen windowledge.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                                Late Member
                                • Nov 2010

Had a bit of a day yesterday. Last day of term yes!! Then arrived home to find that thye cat(Shearer), very poorly, meeowiung a lot. So rang the vets and took him hi. They then classified him as an emergencey, operated on him straight away, then asked us later to take him to Pets Hospital in Patcham, neasr Brighton, where a further operation was required and left him there, in their care, and where he is at the moment, poor thing! he is nearly nine, well next month. Didnt arrive back home till after 9pm!
                                Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Working...
                                X