Musical or computer?
    Musical, ofcourse1
    Don’t cry for me
    I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Petrushka
      • Nov 2010

Another day that was much better than forecast. They keep on forecasting rain and cooler temps but apart from some early morning rain and cloud it turned out to be sunny and warm. An excellent longest day up here!
      "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• BBMmk2
        Late Member
        • Nov 2010

Wellm it's wild wet and windy on a saturday morning here! They certainly forcasted it right this time!!
        Don’t cry for me
        I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• salymap
          Late member
          • Nov 2010

Murky and wet here, Sparrows going crazy on emptying nut cage, making me feel guilty. Why don't they eat the weeds growing everywhere.?

And Martin Handley has just reminded us that the days are now getting shorter. Thanks for that Martin.

Comment

• teamsaint
            • Nov 2010

I suggest we get summer gear on and MAKE IT sunny.
            Shorts on here at ts towers, despite the temporary poor conditions.
            Dazzling whiteness !
            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
              I suggest we get summer gear on and MAKE IT sunny.
              Shorts on here at ts towers, despite the temporary poor conditions.
              Dazzling whiteness !
              Whiteness of shorts or lallies, teams?

Or both?

Comment

• teamsaint
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                Whiteness of shorts or lallies, teams?

Or both?
                The pins.natch, Ams
                They will look gorgeous by September though.
                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                  The pins.natch, Ams
                  They will look gorgeous by September though.
                  Unless we get a really naff Summer in which case you may well have fine specimens of lichen on them

Comment

• teamsaint
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                    Unless we get a really naff Summer in which case you may well have fine specimens of lichen on them
                    Ah,that explains some things !!

Comment

• Petrushka
                      • Nov 2010

Got this one right, alas. Windy and raining but not particularly cold.

On a Ryan Moore treble at Royal Ascot this afternoon: Sir John Hawkwood in the 3.05, Duke of Firenze in the 4.25 and Rye House in the 5.00. Three singles and a treble. Feel reasonably optimistic that the Stoute/Moore team will do the business with at least one of these.
                      "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• Anna

I haven’t been on the MB this week as I took the first three days to take advantage of the weather and stay at home concentrating on my garden makeover, it went so well I took Thursday and yesterday as well and have been working from dawn to dusk. (I also bought in the market yesterday some dwarf French beans plants as they were so cheap (50p for 10) so, combined with the runners I’m growing …….. and my tomatoes have tiny baby fruits ….)

Weatherwise, Monday and Tuesday were almost unbearably muggy, Wednesday was a perfect Summer’s day, we were 24.3° (nearly the hottest in S. Wales which was 25° but enough to get a mention on the local BBC!) and with only 67% humidity no trace of mugginess, yesterday was 22° and very pleasant. The promised Moonson Day turned out to be half an hour of torrential rain early morning (which was welcome as it facilitated digging) and that’s all, so for me at least it’s been a perfect week for gardening. Today is grey, cool, showery but again not the heavy rain forecast so far.

Today therefore is a day of rest for me from my labours! Tomorrow and the following week promises to be dry but certainly not the heatwave promised by Brummie Simon. (If I were a betting person I'd be inclined to take a trip to the bookies and back Petrushka's selections as he always does well)

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                          • Nov 2010

Last couple of days have been cloudy but dry and very warm.
                          Keeps threatening rain here but still dry,and it's very windy,but still warm.
                          Been on the park with the grandchildren all morning so need a kip before I take Harry for his five miler.
                          I think I'll throw my betting slip away as it differs from Pet's selections.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                            Host
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                            Today therefore is a day of rest for me from my labours!
                            Well done and enjoy your well-deserved leisure!!

I imagine you will relax in part by rustling up something exciting in the kitchen?
                            "...the isle is full of noises,
                            Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                            Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                            Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                              Well done and enjoy your well-deserved leisure!!
                              I've just listened to the First Test - Lions v Australia. Lady Luck was smiling of them ..... still, good result, lucky I don't have high blood pressure, they nearly threw it away!!
                              Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                              I imagine you will relax in part by rustling up something exciting in the kitchen?
                              You know me too well. As it's been hot and I've been working hard it's been mainly fish with salad and plainish pasta lately but today, as it's grey and a bit chill, I'm going to make a lamb tagine and a cooling creme caramel for dessert.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                                Host
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                                I've just listened to the First Test - Lions v Australia. Lady Luck was smiling of them ..... still, good result, lucky I don't have high blood pressure, they nearly threw it away!!

You know me too well. As it's been hot and I've been working hard it's been mainly fish with salad and plainish pasta lately but today, as it's grey and a bit chill, I'm going to make a lamb tagine and a cooling creme caramel for dessert.
                                "...the isle is full of noises,
                                Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                                Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                                Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Working...
                                X