• Show
Clear All
  • Sir Velo
    • Oct 2012

See that mate? That was your Summer.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
      • Nov 2010

Warm and muggy in Airedale....slate black clouds loom from Lancashire but come to nothing....<been looking at the variety of shape and size in the Hawthorn hedge leaves....fascinating number of differences- varying in colour and outline....>....bit windy....refreshing....one of those days with shafts of light standing as plunging pillars....
      bong ching

Comment

• Anna

I noticed this morning some lovely dog roses are out in the hawthorn hedge - I like their simplicity. Couple of mixed days, showers and sunny spells. This morning when I left home at 8am it was certainly chilly - but, the wind! Both days very strong, now gusting at 26mph, (cats get very jumpy and cross in extreme windy conditions, I find I do as well and of course, in France the Mistral Wind is a legal defence for murder!!)
        Originally posted by mangerton View Post
        A complete washout on Sunday!!! Is that the best you can do for me? I'll be in the deep south by then, and hoping for some sun - or at least some dry.
        Is this your Summer holiday? If so, bon voyage and have a lovely fortnight!! According to the BBC tv forecast first thing the heavy rain on Sunday is unlikely to reach the S.E. so you should be alright. We really could do with it here, very heavy soil and the small amount of rain over the past two days has quickly been evaporated by the winds, ground needs a good soaking so I can attempt some digging/weed clearance (especially the creeping buttercup) without breaking the spade/my back. However, my geraniums, marigolds, verbena, tomatoes and beans I put out seem to be putting on a growth spurt and are looking happy.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
          • Dec 2010

"Brummie Simon" appears not to believe in global warming, so I tried posting a message asking, what about the melting of the arctic, and the desertification of the Savannah regions of central Africa. Unfortunately registering requires inserting a security answer to a question, and I must be too thick understand the question.

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
            "Brummie Simon" appears not to believe in global warming, so I tried posting a message asking, what about the melting of the arctic, and the desertification of the Savannah regions of central Africa. Unfortunately registering requires inserting a security answer to a question, and I must be too thick understand the question.
            I'll have to try registering. If I know the answer to the question I'll let you know!!

Did you see the Met Office are holding an emergency summit on Tuesday with climate scientists and meteorologists to find out what on earth is going on with the weather?

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Anna View Post
              I'll have to try registering. If I know the answer to the question I'll let you know!!

Did you see the Met Office are holding an emergency summit on Tuesday with climate scientists and meteorologists to find out what on earth is going on with the weather?
              http://www.telegraph.co.uk/topics/we...K-weather.html
              Brummie Simon has an "answer" for that one too, Anna!

Last edited by Serial_Apologist; 14-06-13, 17:41. Reason: to insert weatherweb link

Comment

• Anna

Brummie Simon has an "answer" for that one too, Anna!
                Which is? No-one can deny climate change can they? Why, David Attenborough's polar bears, cast adrift on an ice floe, say it is so.
                Oh, I dunno. Me, I just don me Berghaus and stomp off (with a stern Paddington Bear stare) and get off with building The Ark.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                  • Dec 2010

Which is? No-one can deny climate change can they?
                  Click on that link, which works, Anna.

(BTW the unanswerable question is at the bottom of that page).

Comment

• Anna

Click on that link, which works, Anna.
                    (BTW the unanswerable question is at the bottom of that page).
                    Oh, I see. I read yours before you had added the link!
                    What's the problem with the security question? It says What colour is the sky? (the answer is b*l*u*e but remove the *'s)
                    Well, I reckon the answer is 'blue' (there are no letter s's but there are *'s) ....... so, just type blue

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                      • Dec 2010

Oh, I see. I read yours before you had added the link!
                      What's the problem with the security question? It says What colour is the sky? (the answer is b*l*u*e but remove the *'s)
                      Well, I reckon the answer is 'blue' (there are no letter s's but there are *'s) ....... so, just type blue
                      I tried deleting the *'s; didn't work. I'll let you know - here goes!

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                        • Dec 2010

so, just type blue
                        It's worked!!!

Comment

• Anna

It's worked!!!

Yes, it meant typing 'blue' without the spaces left by asterisks ..............
                          Once again, feminine logic prevails!

Edit: I'm offline now for a while, I'll check weatherweb site to see what's going on
                          Last edited by Guest; 14-06-13, 18:38.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                            • Dec 2010

Yes, it meant typing 'blue' without the spaces left by asterisks ..............
                            Once again, feminine logic prevails!

Comment

• BBMmk2
                              Late Member
                              • Nov 2010

What awonderful today has turned out to be! In the end that rather nice looking yellow rouund thing appeared to grace their presence in the sky today. Making a rather pleasant end to the day.
                              Don’t cry for me
                              I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
                                What awonderful today has turned out to be! In the end that rather nice looking yellow rouund thing appeared to grace their presence in the sky today. Making a rather pleasant end to the day.
                                Lovely here too, BBM, after this morning's grey start; worked myself into quite a sweat pedalling back up the hill with a backpack full of next week's groceries. Now it's starting to cloud up once more, ahead of tonight's anticipated rain. Just as well I covered the shopping today - tomorrow looks likely to be showery and windy!

Comment

Working...
                                X