Stormy Weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anna

Thank you also saly for the update on mahlerei, and also best wishes that his operation is successful and best wishes for a speedy recovery x

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
      Gone fishin'
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Anna View Post
      Thank you also saly for the update on mahlerei, and also best wishes that his operation is successful and best wishes for a speedy recovery x
      Wholeheartedly seconded! In fact, I'll see that "x" and raise a
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• antongould
        • Nov 2010

Fair bit of snow midst the heaps........traffic chaos....

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
          • Dec 2010

There actually was some snow down here this morning - large snowflakes falling fast at 7 when I peered out, but only for an hour; and with the temperature a fraction above freezing it only settled for a short while.

Comment

• amateur51

Best of luck Mahlerei - I hope it goes well

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
              • Nov 2010

Best wishes Mahlerei,Salymap,BBM and anyone struggling healthwise at the moment.
              Asthma playing up a bit here too.
              Very very cold but thankfully no snow in Manchester.

Comment

• salymap
                Late member
                • Nov 2010

Thanks on behalf of Mahlerei and myself. I should have said he has a detached implant in one eye which has to be removed and, hopefully, something new put in its place. It may take a while to have the op but I know we all wish him well.
                And BBM, I had a friend with asthma and it's not to be sneezed at, a very nasty complaint.

Comment

• doversoul1
                  Ex Member
                  • Dec 2010

My best wishes to Mahlerei and I hope you are keeping warm salymap. There was quite a bit of snow down in this corner of Kent yesterday and the ground is frozen hard this morning. Hard to keep an old house warm.

The three jays in the garden have learned to feed from the peanuts feeder and competing with the squirrels. A 20kg bag doesn’t last very long.

Comment

• doversoul1
                    Ex Member
                    • Dec 2010

My best wishes to Mahlerei and I hope you are keeping warm salymap. There was quite a bit of snow down in this corner of Kent yesterday and the ground is frozen hard this morning. Hard to keep an old house warm.

The three jays in the garden have learned to feed from the peanuts feeder and competing with the squirrels. A 20kg bag doesn’t last very long.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                      Late Member
                      • Nov 2010

Again, from me, saly, thank you for your update on Mahlerie. Hope he gets well soon!

Quiote cold to today. For a fact I know it''s minus something!!
                      Don’t cry for me
                      I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                        • Dec 2010

First subzero midday temperature of the winter here after moderate frost last night (-4 C)

Best wishes by way of saly to Mahlerei - (We'll have to keep a Mahler Eye on him now!) - and keep some for yourself, saly!

Comment

• mercia
                          • Nov 2010

a Somerset village still cut off by flooding - extraordinary
                          A village in Somerset is still cut off by flood water and residents say they are feeling abandoned.

Comment

• salymap
                            Late member
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                            First subzero midday temperature of the winter here after moderate frost last night (-4 C)

Best wishes by way of saly to Mahlerei - (We'll have to keep a Mahler Eye on him now!) - and keep some for yourself, saly!
                            Thanks S-A. How do you think them up.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by mercia View Post
                              a Somerset village still cut off by flooding - extraordinary
                              http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-20614980
                              I liked the kid on that trailer's reply in broad Zummerzet when asked had he missed school: "I'm not at libburr'ee to say!"

Comment

• Anna

I have acquired a secondhand book called - The Barometer! It's written by Ron Lobeck who was a Naval meteorologist and then a tv weatherman in the 80s. Haven't had a chance to do more than briefly dip into it but it's about barometers, air pressure, weather generally, forecasting, etc.

It took until around 11am for it to get above 1° and the frost to clear then it started to drizzle about midday and heavy rain is forecast to move in later here but not turning to snow.

Comment

Working...
                                X