X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Serial_Apologist
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
    I agree S_A, there are some wonderful colours out there at the moment, it's worth getting wrapped up to see them, it's what autumn's all about
    Ferney was mentioning about blackberries still for the picking yesterday, so I'll probably ckeck out the free neighbourhood Vit C source and accompanying free colour show this afternooon.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
      Gone fishin'
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
      Ferney was mentioning about blackberries still for the picking yesterday,
      Gurne rather than Ferney; but it's still true: happy hunting, S_A!
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Anna

My sister in Barnard Castle, County Durham (a lot further South than anton) woke to an inch of snow this morning and the road an ice rink. Here the temperature only dipped to 1.7° in the early hours and no frost although an absolutely clear and starry night. At the moment it's beautiful blue sky but with a sharp biting wind and the trees are finally getting some colour. The Black Mountains were amazingly sharp in the distance when I passed them this morning, it is a good day for getting out with the camera
        Last edited by Guest; 27-10-12, 13:37. Reason: typo

Comment

• greenilex
          • Nov 2010

Lovely crisp morning on the Common, and we stopped in the Hawthorns cafe afterwards and had biscotti with our tea - nice and cosy looking out at the trees round the pond. Town looking good after a grim, dark week.

Comment

• mangerton
            • Nov 2010

Car windows required scraping this morning. It's now clouded over, and got milder.

I do envy you your clear starry nights, Anna. There's too much light pollution here to see anything but the brightest objects, though the city observatory is only a mile or so away.

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by salymap View Post
              Query, why do costs go up and services go down? My Gas supplier used to service a small gas fire in the living room as well as the boiler for a certain amount.
              Now gas fire is not included and they want £100 to check the chimney and clean the fire..
              saly, once you've done as S_A recommends, if it gets you nowhere, do you have a local Corgi firm (although haven't they changed from Corgis to some other name?) and see if they can service it, they might do special rates for Seniors?

I now have a new printer, unpacked but not yet installed as I decided to move everything around and in moving the sofa discovered my missing Roger Norrington underneath it! So that's a good result plus the room looks much better now. Also, it's not bad now the North wind has eased off, it's 8.9° and promises another beautiful sunset.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                Host
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                in moving the sofa discovered my missing Roger Norrington.
                Thought nothing much had been heard from him lately!!

Have you read Stephen King's "Misery" or seen the film ?
                "...the isle is full of noises,
                Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                  Thought nothing much had been heard from him lately!!
                  Have you read Stephen King's "Misery" or seen the film ?
                  My missing Norrington was The Creatures of Prometheus coupled with Eroica, everso glad I found it! (Virgin boxed set)
                  No, I've never read Stephen King, should I? I don't like horror films. Have you seen the new James Bond? I haven't seen a Bond for years but thought I might do so this week.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                    Host
                    • Nov 2010

No, I've never read Stephen King, should I? I don't like horror films.

Have you seen the new James Bond? I haven't seen a Bond for years but thought I might do so this week.
                    Kathy Bates won Best Actress Oscar for playing the "number 1 fan" of a writer - she rescues him after a car crash, takes him back to her remote house in the hills and keeps him prisoner.... and nasty things happen...

I shall be seeing the Bond film on Thursday afternoon, all being well

Comment

• salymap
                      Late member
                      • Nov 2010

saly, once you've done as S_A recommends, if it gets you nowhere, do you have a local Corgi firm (although haven't they changed from Corgis to some other name?) and see if they can service it, they might do special rates for Seniors?

I now have a new printer, unpacked but not yet installed as I decided to move everything around and in moving the sofa discovered my missing Roger Norrington underneath it! So that's a good result plus the room looks much better now. Also, it's not bad now the North wind has eased off, it's 8.9° and promises another beautiful sunset.
                      Thanks Anna, I may just make do with the two rads for the time being.

And I can think of people I'd rather find behind my sofa but....discretion prevails.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                        • Dec 2010

My missing Norrington was The Creatures of Prometheus coupled with Eroica, everso glad I found it! (Virgin boxed set)
                        No, I've never read Stephen King, should I? I don't like horror films. Have you seen the new James Bond? I haven't seen a Bond for years but thought I might do so this week.
                        There's a lengthy Barry Norman interview with Barbara Broccoli (who along with her family owns the Bond franchise) in this week's RT, Anna, which looks interesting, for when I get around to reading it...

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                          I shall be seeing the Bond film on Thursday afternoon, all being well
                          What's that then, special matinee performance for Seniors?

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                            Host
                            • Nov 2010

What's that then, special matinee performance for Seniors?

I shall be in Paris with youthful cousins, if ya must know! It's a bank hol there... there's a birthday lunch then I'm going off with the younger members for some Bond action!

Comment

• salymap
                              Late member
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by salymap View Post
                              Thanks Anna, I may just make do with the two rads for the time being.

And I can think of people I'd rather find behind my sofa but....discretion prevails.
                              CD musically speaking, of course.

Comment

• Anna

Oh, Cali's off on another jolly to Gay Paree .... Gosh, Jarndyce & Jarndyce know how to party! It's one long holiday in Chancery, never mind the widows and orphans. Yes, I think I'll definitely go and see it, not that I'm a Bond fan but it's had really good reviews.
                                S_A, I bought the new RT today, not had a chance to open it.
                                Now, who would saly like to find behind her sofa?

Comment

Working...
                                X