Stormy Weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marthe

It's chucking it down right now. Can't complain as it's been quite dry. The garden should perk up after this downpour!

Comment

• salymap
      Late member
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
      Strewth salymap! What rotten luck - do you have a rello who can help out in your our of doo-dah?
      I shall have to ring BT if email addresses don't stop messing me about,coming and going, but coz from Oz will take all my attention if he drops in later. I'm tired already, 7.10am. It's chilly at the moment too, but heat promised. Hope it dries up for you Anton.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
        Gone fishin'
        • Sep 2011

Four lovely weather days in a row this week - but a very chilly start this morning: down to 6.5 degrees at 7:30.
        [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Anna

I had an awful night of insomnia, not sure why, but I did have very early morning appointment and had to be up and running by 7am but just couldn't drop off so I decided to recite epic poems to bore myself to death (like the one about bringing the news from Aix to Ghent and Charge of the Light Brigade) which failed dismally as I couldn't remember them at all apart from the beginning but I managed Wordsworth's daffs although that's not epic merely boring then I thought the ideal would be Byron and I got as far as:
          The Assyrian came down like the wolf on the fold,
          And his cohorts were gleaming in purple and gold
          Then I couldn't remember any more of that one either and that kept me awake even more and has worried me all day!! So, of course I did fall asleep and my mobile alarm going off was a very unwelcome experience. Looking forward to watching the Bernstein Mass and an early night.

On-topic, early am 6 degrees, got to around 19 today, very pleasant.

Comment

• BBMmk2
            Late Member
            • Nov 2010

Last night was rather bad for me and MrsBBM. It was rather hot to say the least, which in turn aggrevated a couple of my conditions etc. Like asthma andmy RSI seem to play up as well! So a quiet day at home to get over, as with the asthma, just feel totally washed out!

Than bkfully today is we have another sunny day!!
            Don’t cry for me
            I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• salymap
              Late member
              • Nov 2010

Yes lovely weather. I hope Scotland and the Borders are similarly blessed. I only hear from antongould when his garden is flooded and his ducks gone. Surely it must be fine in Tyne & Wear sometimes

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                Host
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by salymap View Post
                I only hear from antongould when his garden is flooded and his ducks gone. Surely it must be fine in Tyne & Wear sometimes
                "...the isle is full of noises,
                Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                  • Dec 2010

Originally posted by salymap View Post
                  Yes lovely weather. I hope Scotland and the Borders are similarly blessed. I only hear from antongould when his garden is flooded and his ducks gone. Surely it must be fine in Tyne & Wear sometimes
                  All is fine
                  In good Tyne
                  Ignoring the Wear
                  And occasional tear

(See what Walter Wall blue sky thinking can do!)

Comment

• salymap
                    Late member
                    • Nov 2010

What about another 'poetry' thread? Or blank [very] verse?

Comment

• Anna

My sister, not quite Tyne & Wear, but South Co. Durham, near to North Yorks border, reports they are having the best weather of the whole year and her tomatoes are finally gaining colour.

Can I remind people this weekend is European Heritage Open Doors Day? I already have my schedule lined up, as does my sister. One trip she will be making is Dotheboys Hall and Smike's grave, (on a classic coach no less!) Last year she went to the Teesdale Mercury printing works amongst other delights. It's worthwhile looking to see what's on in your area.

saly, I hesitate to post any of my verse, which is very, very, blank and rather dark!

Comment

• mangerton
                        • Nov 2010

In Dundee today it's been warm and sunny,
                        So this afternoon after work I went to the shop and spent some money
                        Tomorrow the forecast says it's going to be colder
                        This is not good news, as I feel the cold more now that I'm getting older
                        But still, it doesn't look like rain,
                        And in that case I might go away tomorrow in the train

(The spirit of McGonagall lives on. Anna, I'm sure that anything you write can only be an improvement.)

Thank you for the reminder about Open Doors. In Scotland, it's spread across the five weekends in Sept. There are many interesting things to see.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                          Late Member
                          • Nov 2010

Feeling a lot better today(thank god!!). Totally washed out and ready for LNOP tonight!!
                          Don’t cry for me
                          I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by mangerton View Post
                            In Dundee today it's been warm and sunny,
                            So this afternoon after work I went to the shop and spent some money
                            Tomorrow the forecast says it's going to be colder
                            This is not good news, as I feel the cold more now that I'm getting older
                            But still, it doesn't look like rain,
                            And in that case I might go away tomorrow in the train

(The spirit of McGonagall lives on. Anna, I'm sure that anything you write can only be an improvement.)

Thank you for the reminder about Open Doors. In Scotland, it's spread across the five weekends in Sept. There are many interesting things to see.
                            Lovely McGonagall spoof mangerton - greatly enjoyed here

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
                              Feeling a lot better today(thank god!!). Totally washed out and ready for LNOP tonight!!
                              I'm very glad to hear that things have cleared up, BBM - I've been very chesty & wheezy too but nowhere near as bad as you, I guess. Horrid ain't it?!

Comment

• DracoM
                                Host
                                • Mar 2007

While the south basks and gloats in all radio /TV, here in Ultima Thule as I look out, I cannot even see the fells since mist/cloud is literally down to the horizon in all directions. Perfect whiteout. Temp c 14C.

Late summer?

Pah!

Comment

Working...
                                X