X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr Pee
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by greenilex View Post

Had to rise three times to empty the bucket under the boiler - can't be good.
    Why do you have a bucket under the boiler? Or is it another way of saying you needed the toilet during the night?
    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
      Late member
      • Nov 2010

...'needed'! more like divine command innit ..... some part of the medication i am on is diuretic, i wish i could do without it .... i can not possibly be taking in that much liquid!

ahem ... meanwhile, a blue sky in the middle kingdom after a very wet night ....
      According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• Anna

Something odd. On two separate grassy banks, both South facing, are - Primroses in bloom!! I had to go back and double check that I wasn't mistaken. Perhaps it's not unusual, I don't know. Not a bad day, heavy squally showers, a hailstorm, some bright patches, no wind and it's gone very much colder

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Anna View Post
          Something odd. On two separate grassy banks, both South facing, are - Primroses in bloom!! I had to go back and double check that I wasn't mistaken. Perhaps it's not unusual, I don't know. Not a bad day, heavy squally showers, a hailstorm, some bright patches, no wind and it's gone very much colder
          Pretty much sunny here today following last night's gales and heavy rain. More of the latter predicted for this evening; I have to decide: do I go to that gig and risk freezing for half an hour afterwards on a draughty station..........

Comment

• vinteuil
            • Nov 2010

Something odd. On two separate grassy banks, both South facing, are - Primroses in bloom!! I had to go back and double check that I wasn't mistaken. Perhaps it's not unusual, I don't know.
            Weird things here in W12 too - the cherry trees in the road lost all their leaves as normal in the autumn a couple of weeks ago - and now suddenly two of them are covered in 'spring' blossom... Baffling.

Comment

• BBMmk2
              Late Member
              • Nov 2010

That is wierd!! We having wild wet and woindy weather fdown in Sussex!! Yikes!
              Don’t cry for me
              I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
                Weird things here in W12 too - the cherry trees in the road lost all their leaves as normal in the autumn a couple of weeks ago - and now suddenly two of them are covered in 'spring' blossom... Baffling.
                And, here, the magnolia trees bloomed again in November. Last night, at 2.00am it was a balmy 11 degrees. The temperature is whizzing up and down and it's rising again now and clear sky and bright moon.

Comment

• greenilex
                  • Nov 2010

Platform Three is certainly a bit draughty today......

Southampton Station is always breezy at the best of times.

Comment

• salymap
                    Late member
                    • Nov 2010

And where are all the garden birds in the South East? Peanuts in cage not touched and going mouldy. No fieldfares or redwings eating fallen apples. Just a few seagulls circling overhead. An odd December.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                      • Dec 2010

And, here, the magnolia trees bloomed again in November. Last night, at 2.00am it was a balmy 11 degrees. The temperature is whizzing up and down and it's rising again now and clear sky and bright moon.
                      Hmmm.. Whereabouts is your thermometer located, Anna? Next to your extractor fan?

Comment

• vinteuil
                        • Nov 2010

[Anna dixit: - Last night, at 2.00am it was a balmy 11 degrees.
                        Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                        Hmmm.. Whereabouts is your thermometer located, Anna? Next to your extractor fan?
                        My dear Serial - you are aware that Anna lives in Wales? - for her "balmy" means 11 degrees on her fahrenheit thermometer...

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
                          My dear Serial - you are aware that Anna lives in Wales? - for her "balmy" means 11 degrees on her fahrenheit thermometer...
                          Yeah but even with the presence of all those chap..pels, Wales must surely also be subject to the laws of physics??

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                            Yeah but even with the presence of all those chap..pels, Wales must surely also be subject to the laws of physics??
                            Not necessarily! I don't have an outside thermometer, I take it from our local weather monitoring station which operates a wired Davis Vantage Pro (S-A will know what that is!) It's updated every 5 mins online, showing a temp of 4.1 at the moment. There's snow on the top of the Mountains which looked very pretty in the sunshine this morning. Now it's sleety rain, SW wind 3mph but brighter on the horizon.

Comment

• ahinton
                              • Nov 2010

There's snow on the top of the Mountains which looked very pretty in the sunshine this morning. Now it's sleety rain, SW wind 3mph but brighter on the horizon.
                              I know - I can see that snow from yurr on what you'd probably call the wrong side of those mountains; there's been no frost here, though and the outside temperature is now around 5.5. It's still far too cold for me! When the temperature dives below about 12.5 I'm done for!

Comment

• marthe

We have warm enough weather that hydrangeas and roses are still in bloom. That said, I'm out to mulch the rest of the garden before the weather turns. Countryfile weather showed all those closely packed isobars and wild weather systems on your side of the Atlantic. Stay warm and dry all of you who are in the path of storms.

Comment

Working...
                                X