Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Serial_Apologist
    • Dec 2010

I'm game to a new thread. What do other regulars out there feel?

Comment

• DracoM
      Host
      • Mar 2007

If you like, BUT oop 'ere right now is rain like I have rarely ever seen it, even for this legendarily wet area.
      Wind driving, rain almost horizontal, absolutely sheeting it down.
      Major flood warnings out apparently.

Comment

• BBMmk2
        Late Member
        • Nov 2010

I am too, as it does seem to load up for a long time. Perhaps other people could voice their opinions as well? Maybe our resident meteorologist SA would like to start the new thread up?

On topic: wild, wet and windy(www.!)
        Don’t cry for me
        I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Petrushka
          • Nov 2010

This thread doesn't take too long to load up on my lap top as I usually just click on the last post made which takes me straight there but it definitely takes a long time on my phone. Isn't it possible for Forum administration to have threads set at a maximum limit so older ones just fall off the edge as the limit is reached? I might be wrong but can't imagine that anyone would need to look back on this one.

Alternatively, what about Forum admin just lopping off a couple of years of posts?

On topic, it's wet and windy here. Shopping got deferred yesterday in the hope of a better day today but no such luck.
          "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• DracoM
            Host
            • Mar 2007

Has rained non-stop all night, and with blustering, bullying winds. Fells invisible under white-out of mist/rain etc.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
              • Dec 2010

My walking shoes are still drying out following yesterday's stroll! Today we seem a lot luckier than you guys further north and west: fresh west-southwesterly, roller clouds (stratocumulus) with occasional breaks for sunshine, pretty clear visibility and temperature at that 60 degree Fahrenheit breaking point twixt mild and warm. This looks likely to be the pattern until Thursday, when quite a lot colder air of Icelandic origin is expected to drain south eastwards, bringing showers but lighter winds to all parts by Friday.

I'll leave the new thread topic open to BBM's suggestion for a few days more.

Comment

• antongould
                • Nov 2010

New thread fine by me ......

Comment

• mangerton
                  • Nov 2010

New thread fine by me, too, and if we got some new weather to go with it, that would be even better! Wet and very misty here today - extremely depressing.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                    Late Member
                    • Nov 2010

Wild wet and wimndy here today. Thanks Sa, I will see a few more Forumiters here for a few more days and see what they think about as new thread.
                    Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• gurnemanz
                      • Nov 2010

Nothing against a new thread but I have never been aware that the total number of posts in a thread affects loading speed, since it only loads one page of ten posts at a time.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                        Late Member
                        • Nov 2010

Well, with myself speaking, I tend to find it takes rather longer than others, to load up.
                        Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
                          Well, with myself speaking, I tend to find it takes rather longer than others, to load up.
                          I too am finding this, we're not alone.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                            Gone fishin'
                            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                            I too am finding this, we're not alone.

The foul weather forecast for this part of the country hasn't (fingers crossed) made much of an appearance here: plenty of wind (empty dustbins blown over) and a few heavy showers - but plenty of dry weather and sunshine (!), too. A distinct drop in temperatures since Friday (13th!) - and there's a bitter edge back to the air: almost as bad as July!
                            [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                              • Dec 2010

Warnings of possible hurricane-force winds hitting the south tomorrow evening as Storm Bert (or is that Birt?) crosses the middle country. I'm emailing the residents here suggesting removal of garden furniture, potted plants etc from balconies, where they apply.

Comment

• teamsaint
                                • Nov 2010

I wish the Southbank website worked at even 10% of the speed of this thread !!

Very strong winds forecast here for tomorrow night.
                                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Working...
                                X