X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DracoM
    Host
    • Mar 2007

Max of 8C today in Ultima Thule, and a brisk to fierce NW wind - damn cold. Sun at first, then cloud gathering, wind rising, daffs with hypothermia.
    Love the way the London-based forecasters speak of 'bright and breezy' with a smile in their voices.
    Well, mate, not up here it ain't. 10C temp drop in 24 hrs? AND last night we had snow on the tops - and we're well south of Scotland.

Comment

• mangerton
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
      Max of 8C today in Ultima Thule, and a brisk to fierce NW wind - damn cold. Sun at first, then cloud gathering, wind rising, daffs with hypothermia.
      Love the way the London-based forecasters speak of 'bright and breezy' with a smile in their voices.
      Well, mate, not up here it ain't. 10C temp drop in 24 hrs? AND last night we had snow on the tops - and we're well south of Scotland.

Exceptionally annoying, innit? They're a clueless bunch. That said, here there was a little rain overnight - just enough to render my putting the car through the car wash yesterday a waste of time and money. Today it has been dry and for the most part sunny, though cold.

Comment

• BBMmk2
        Late Member
        • Nov 2010

Well, a rather windy and fresh too day today! Sunny though. Fleeces out!
        Don’t cry for me
        I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
          • Dec 2010

Breezy but brilliantly sunny and clear down here today, max. 15 C. Cloud now beginning to encroach from the NW: tufty currus with altocumulus bands beneath, indicating the approaching weakening cold front, and stratocumulus "roller cloud" beneath that, indicating rising humidity in association with the approaching front.

It's predicted to get really, really warm on Wednesday and Thursday nearly everywhere - warmer even than last Friday - as continental tropical air comes up from France once more.

Fascinating thing, eh? - the weather?

Comment

• BBMmk2
            Late Member
            • Nov 2010

As always, SA. Rather overcast; sunny maybe?
            Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• BBMmk2
              Late Member
              • Nov 2010

Today 17C! And bright!

No 19C!!
              Last edited by BBMmk2; 14-04-15, 18:09.
              Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
                Today 17C! And bright!

No 19C!!
                I imagine you're all out there making the most of it.

Yesterday a cycle ride taking in the various Embankments, from the Vauxhall to the Battersea bridges - flowers where that poor lady expired.

This morning a vigorous ride up into the hills east of Croydon - which at just under 500 feet above sea level are in fact the highest points in the greater London area, not Hampstead. Back for a cheese 'n' pickle sandwich + banana, and a very pleasant afternoon sunning it on the lawn with some heavy literature on 20th century music. Temperature reached 22 degs C. Windows wide open, the flat is at last thoroughly aerated.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                  Late Member
                  • Nov 2010

We had around 26C in HH.
                  Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• BBMmk2
                    Late Member
                    • Nov 2010

Is it because of the recent weather, is the reason why not many people have posted on this particular thread?
                    Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• alycidon
                      • Feb 2013

That is because we all like to moan about bad weather. When it is good, as now, we are too busy soaking up the sun to care about posting on forums such as this.

Now, where's my sun bed......................
                      Money can't buy you happiness............but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery - Spike Milligan

Comment

• BBMmk2
                        Late Member
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by alycidon View Post
                        That is because we all like to moan about bad weather. When it is good, as now, we are too busy soaking up the sun to care about posting on forums such as this.

Now, where's my sun bed......................
                        (I'm in between lessons at the school where I work! )
                        Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• DracoM
                          Host
                          • Mar 2007

Well, I'm not moaning!!
                          Even in Ultima Thule it has been the most blissful late march / April I can remember. OK, I'm having to water plants night and morning, but I'd rather that than frost decimating tender stuff.
                          Yes, the w/end forecasts signal change, but...........in medias res, it's pretty OK by me!

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                            • Dec 2010

Two people were "gracing" our lawn in sleeping bags when I went outside this morning. OMG, we have squatters, I thought. But no: it was the nice young couple from the flat next door, testing out their equipment for some camping later this summer!

Having been in the cool bottom right hand corner of the country, we've not had the comparatively high temperaturers further west and north this week, though the sun has been strong enough to lie out in for a couple of hours each afternoon, sheltered from the wind. All change from Saturday, with a real temperature plunge on Sunday into Monday heralding a strong burst of Arctic air possibly lasting until the start of May, then hopefully a return to warmth once more.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                              Late Member
                              • Nov 2010

That's a good idea to do that. Friends of mine also test their camping equipment out as well.

A lovely day here today but change is in the wings, methinks.
                              Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• alycidon
                                • Feb 2013

Well, Drumnadrochit was the hottest place in the country yesterday - which I can well believe. Cloudy and cooler today, and we are told to expect snow at the weekend. Oh dear!
                                Money can't buy you happiness............but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery - Spike Milligan

Comment

Working...
                                X