X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • salymap
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

It has quietened down a lot [the initial Facebook] so won't do anything. Am self-taught so I don't want to make things worse, which is what happens if I tinker with the computer. Thanks for tips though

Lovely day,old neighbour says we will have snow in May to compensate. It's being so cheerful........of course he may be right.

Comment

• vinteuil
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by salymap View Post
      Lovely day,old neighbour says we will have snow in May to compensate. It's being so cheerful...
      salymap - not all of us will remember ITMA...

"It's being so cheerful as keeps me going" - Mona Lott

Comment

• salymap
        Late member
        • Nov 2010

Vinteuil. I assume you googled it. You are much too young. TTFN

Comment

• doversoul1
          Ex Member
          • Dec 2010

A beekeeper acquaintance tells me that his bees have swarmed.

A swarm in May is worth a load of hay.
          A swarm in June is worth a silver spoon
          But a swarm in July is not worth a fly.

Does anyone know what ia swarm in April is worth?
          Last edited by doversoul1; 23-04-11, 12:54.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by doversoul View Post
            A beekeeper acquaintance tells me that his bees have swarmed.

A swarm in May is worth a load of hay.
            A swarm in June is worth a silver spoon
            But a swarm in July is not worth a fly.

Does anyone know what a swarm in April worth?
            Worth staying indoors??

Comment

• marthe

Nothing's swarming here! It's too cold and rainy! Speaking of bees, I did rescue a poor bumble bee that had come into the house when the doors were open.It was buzzing around the closed window trying to get back out. The cats, of course, were frantic with trying to chase the bee as well.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                • Dec 2010

No one's commented on today's thunderstorms. Well, we had plenty here in London this afternoon and evening: lots of orange forked lightning, but, surprisingly, little rain - here, at any rate. Nothing quite compares with the fresh scent following rain after a long period of drought, imv.

Comment

• Mahlerei

Lots of rain here in Kent, and very welcome as the garden is gasping. The rabbits were caught in the downpour and very sensibly sheltered under the garden table.

Comment

• salymap
                    Late member
                    • Nov 2010

A few miles away from the last two posters we had a little thunder but no rain to clear the air. 20mins ago it was 76f in my kitchen and the freezer working hard to cope with it.
                    After that enjoyable ballet earlier I had a fraught few hours with the computer which refused to close down in the usual way. After a couple of hours something made me remove the battery and put it back. Fingers crossed it will go off now when I again try to shut down and get some sleep.

Comment

• salymap
                      Late member
                      • Nov 2010

Still no rain here in Sunny Sidcup, Kent. I know I shall regret saying this when it pours and pours for days, but the garden is very dry and the Bramley apple tree is thirsty.

Comment

• antongould
                        • Nov 2010

Time I would say for the Rain Dance?!

Comment

• salymap
                          Late member
                          • Nov 2010

If you can do it fine, my dancing days are over, Anton.

Comment

• Eudaimonia

Hey AG: it's harder than it looks! Check out these Native American hoop dancers...it gets really good a couple of minutes in:
                            Daniel Tramper (Eastern Band of Cherokee) from Cherokee, North Carolina, scored 224 points for a second place trophy.

Thanks for the Easter wishes, Sal! Hope you had a good one too. I've been off-the-hook busy with all the usual nonsense, so it was nice to get a break. I sure do miss talking to you all...when I find a place to write that won't get scooped by web spiders and other peeping nasties, I'll PM you and the usual suspects where I'll be. Cheers!

Comment

• marthe

Happy Easter Monday to all! I hope everyone had a good Easter. The sun shone yesterday but we're back to cloudy, drizzly weather today. No rain dances needed here!

Comment

• salymap
                                Late member
                                • Nov 2010

Hello marthe, nice to hear from you. Just read of the death of another old colleague/friend from yesteryear.
                                Haven't seen him for years but always a shock.

Chilly wind today and can't get going on jobs, as I should. Quiet Easter but saw a bit of TV for a change from the MBs. Best wishes, sal

Comment

Working...
                                X