Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mangerton
    • Nov 2010

Lovely sunny day here today, and there was snow on the Sidlaws. Temperature in the city a coolish 5º C, and because of high winds traffic on the road bridge was restricted to 30 mph. Skies are still clear, showing a gibbous moon, so I expect it will freeze tonight.

Comment

• teamsaint
      • Nov 2010

lovely down here too today , a balmy and sunny 8 or 9 degrees after a windy night .

Dropping cold very quickly though now.
      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• BBMmk2
        Late Member
        • Nov 2010

It's awful down here!!
        Don’t cry for me
        I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
          Gone fishin'
          • Sep 2011

It's so dark this morning in the Pennines - everybody has the lights on in their houses. Drizzerable.
          [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Anna

It's stopped raining now but so gloomy, terrible visibility with cloud right down over the hills and just under 5°. It'll get dark so early this afternoon that I feel later on the only solution will be to curl up on the sofa with either a good book or an old black and white movie, a pot of tea, and the remains of the Christmas cake!!

Comment

• Flosshilde
              • Nov 2010

That sounds wonderful, Anna - I might follow your example, replacing the movie with Mapp & Lucia. It's bright & sunny here, but I've come down with a sudden cold (I suspect it was lurking, but I'm sure that it was hastened by being caught in the hail shower yesterday, & then having an hour's drive home in soaking wet clothes).

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                Host
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                It'll get dark so early this afternoon that I feel later on the only solution will be to curl up on the sofa with either a good book or an old black and white movie, a pot of tea, and the remains of the Christmas cake!!

It's 'The Belles of St Trinians' here

"...the isle is full of noises,
                Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• mangerton
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Caliban View Post

It's 'The Belles of St Trinians' here

Great film!

I was rather put out at 8.45 this morning to see that BBC2 was showing The Titfield Thunderbolt. It started at 7.50.

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by mangerton View Post
                    I was rather put out at 8.45 this morning to see that BBC2 was showing The Titfield Thunderbolt. It started at 7.50.
                    I saw the listing as well but then I realised I was thinking it was Oh, Mr. Porter! with Will Hay .... <doh> Which is actually a very funny film. Don't think I've ever seen Titfield Thunderbolt?
                    No movies here in the end, the papers and then on R4 the Alan Bennett play Cocktail Sticks followed by a progamme about Kurt Weill so that was good

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                      • Nov 2010

Stirred like a cup of tea by my ex....dark walk with dogs....then alan bennetts "Cocktail Sticks"....Russell Harties mum and dad sound funnier....
                      bong ching

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
                        Stirred like a cup of tea by my ex....dark walk with dogs....then alan bennetts "Cocktail Sticks"....Russell Harties mum and dad sound funnier....
                        I'd quite like a dark walk with your dogs, if I fell over in the rutted lane into a frost crackled puddle at least they'd pull me out ..... hopefully
                        Hopefully your paint choices are going well?

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                          • Dec 2010

I'd quite like a dark walk with your dogs, if I fell over in the rutted lane into a frost crackled puddle
                          ...while on an onomatopoeic journey, for sure!

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                            • Nov 2010

I'd quite like a dark walk with your dogs, if I fell over in the rutted lane into a frost crackled puddle at least they'd pull me out ..... hopefully
                            Hopefully your paint choices are going well?
                            one dog would possibly take advantage of the situation and rummage for sandwiches in your pockets....you'd need to improvise with the other, he being ball mad, if you can hold on longer than he can, a type of dragging out might be managed....

Last week choices went well (painting finished)....this week (new one) not so good, but we'll get there (in about 2 or 3 weeks time....)....

As fhg mentioned earlier....dimsy all day here....
                            bong ching

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
                              one dog would possibly take advantage of the situation and rummage for sandwiches in your pockets.....
                              I never carry sarnies to attract hounds in my pocket - what type of girl do you take me for? A hunt saboteur? Do I smell of aniseed balls!!
                              However, amongst others, I have seen your daubs, I think they are lovely.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                                • Nov 2010

However, amongst others, I have seen your daubs, I think they are lovely.
                                ....however did you do that?
                                bong ching

Comment

Working...
                                X