• Show
Clear All
  • EdgeleyRob
    • Nov 2010

Plenty of rain in Manchester today.
    Quite warm too.

Comment

• marthe

Thunder showers with bright intervals today. Will this stormy weather bring warmer days in its wake?

Comment

• BBMmk2
        Late Member
        • Nov 2010

A promising start, then overcast and the temp slides down!!
        Don’t cry for me
        I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by marthe View Post
          Thunder showers with bright intervals today. Will this stormy weather bring warmer days in its wake?
          Don't think so, marthe.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
            A promising start, then overcast and the temp slides down!!

Same as here, BBM: nearly reached 19 C earlier on, now down to 16 C with a thickening blanket of grey altostratus spreading in from the west, as was predicted. I will say, I was wrong about Sunday - they do seem to be getting forecasts more accurate, these days.

Comment

• marthe

Too bad about warmer weather. The sun is out now but the wind is picking up. Tomorrow it's going to be windy with mix of sun and cloud and a rain shower thrown in for good measure. Wind is supposed to be in the 35 mph range. Despite the windy, wet weather, I'm enjoying the daffodils and flowering quince that are in bloom in my garden right now.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                • Dec 2010

Too bad about warmer weather. The sun is out now but the wind is picking up. Tomorrow it's going to be windy with mix of sun and cloud and a rain shower thrown in for good measure. Wind is supposed to be in the 35 mph range. Despite the windy, wet weather, I'm enjoying the daffodils and flowering quince that are in bloom in my garden right now.
                This is strange, marthe. Two days ago I had to re-register all my regular weather locations, for some reason best known to the BBC! But for some reason I had been unable to register Newport Rhode Island. Thinking they maybe now considered Newport unworthy of its own representation, I went back through my Firefox history to the last time I checked, clicked on it, and hey presto, it's now back. Can't make it out at all - just one of those things...

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                  Late member
                  • Nov 2010

a pleasnatly warm day with sunshine in the middle kingdom; lots of cleaning and clearing in the yard and all now planted ... another spring seems to have arrived fully ...
                  According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                    Late Member
                    • Nov 2010

Not a bad day after all!!
                    Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• marthe

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                      This is strange, marthe. Two days ago I had to re-register all my regular weather locations, for some reason best known to the BBC! But for some reason I had been unable to register Newport Rhode Island. Thinking they maybe now considered Newport unworthy of its own representation, I went back through my Firefox history to the last time I checked, clicked on it, and hey presto, it's now back. Can't make it out at all - just one of those things...
                      S_A, Warmer and sunny in Newport today but clouds are moving in. Yesterday was brilliantly sunny but cool and windy. The blue sky had the intensity of an autumn or winter sky. I feel honored that Newport, RI is one of you regular weather locations.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                        • Dec 2010

S_A, Warmer and sunny in Newport today but clouds are moving in. Yesterday was brilliantly sunny but cool and windy. The blue sky had the intensity of an autumn or winter sky. I feel honored that Newport, RI is one of you regular weather locations.
                        Well if I'm to let you know what's coming your way,I need first to know where you are, marthe!

Very different weather where we are today - gloomy, damp and cool, very low cloud base obscuring not only the famous Crystal Palace tower, but more interesting stuff going on at higher levels, the only indication of which being the need to keep the lights on all day, as thus far all the heavy rain and thunder has skirted London to the west. Our turn will doubtless come over the weekend. "Brummie Simon" must be away sunning hisself - at any rate I hope he's not unwell - leaving Gary his sidekick in charge at Weatherweb. Gary is predicting cool but mainly dry conditions over the Mayday bank holiday weekend.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                          Late Member
                          • Nov 2010

Not good: Fine drizzly rain nearly all day and in evening had blue sky!!!
                          Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• gurnemanz
                            • Nov 2010

Rained all day in Royal Wootton Bassett then stopped abruptly about 6pm and just in time for some of us to play two hours tennis. Beautiful windless evening followed by a couple of pints of Doom Bar. Just got home and will finish off the Edita Gruberová R Strauss Lieder started earlier today.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                              Late Member
                              • Nov 2010

Same thing happened here as well!!

Ah, a good pint if there ever was one, gurnemanz!!

Blooming rain!!
                              Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• marthe

Drizzly day here in Newport. Good day to go to an afternoon lecture at the library about Newport's trees! National Arbor Week this week.

Comment

Working...
                                X