Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eighthobstruction
    • Nov 2010

Skipton Quaker Meeting. 588 likes · 14 talking about this. Skipton Quaker Meeting is a part of the Religious Society of Friends. We worship together every week on Sunday at 10.30 and we also rent...

Out on the streets protesting yesterday....
    bong ching

Comment

• marthe

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
      That's a big one....in Skipton near to me we have one that can take 50-75 people + a community hall....a few miles away is the valley in which Quakerism started....
      The Great Friends Meeting House in Newport held the annual meeting for all the Quakers in New England between 1699 and the early 1900s. It was big enough to hold several hundred people. The photo shows the meeting house as it looks now and how it probably looked about 200 years ago in the early 1800s. Around 1700, fifty percent of Newport's population belonged to the Society of Friends. The original 1699 meeting house was square with a hipped roof and a tower.

Comment

• BBMmk2
        Late Member
        • Nov 2010

Looks lie a great day weather wise but unfortunately we will probably have to say goodbye to our cat. Who is ten years old and not very well. His recurring condition has reared it's ugly head again, and it just not fair to see him suffer. Ok I know with medication, he will recover, but it seems to recur at an alarmingly increased regularity.
        Don’t cry for me
        I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• eighthobstruction
          • Nov 2010

sorry to hear that bbm....what a shame....yes having read the thread for the last few months , he has sounded very ill at times....i dare say you will raise a toast to him and say goodbye....
          bong ching

Comment

• Anna

It's chilly today - just 4° when I went out shopping, a nasty NE wind and still under 8° now, yesterday was beautifullly warm and sunny, but perhaps it'll improve as the day progresses. Rain tomorrow seems less than originally forecast. Yesterday I went to Church for the Good Friday Passion, wonderful choir (nearly all members of the choral society) but was surprised at low attendance, whereas the Catholics (who chucked out at the same time) seemed to have had a full house. Just back from shopping when Jehovah's Witnesses turned up on the doorstep, haven't seen any of them for years (marthe's Quaker meeting house looks lovely) Just having a coffee and a hot cross bun so I am in full Easter mode!!

mangerton, thanks for the continued offer of a fish supper, it makes a change from "You'll have had your tea then?" Calum's second earthquake made the R4 6 o'clock news!!! Let's hope things do not come in threes ........

BBM, so sorry about Shearer, I've had to do the final trip to the Vet too often, hence I no longer have a cat, it's heartbreaking having to make that decision.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
              Looks lie a great day weather wise but unfortunately we will probably have to say goodbye to our cat. Who is ten years old and not very well. His recurring condition has reared it's ugly head again, and it just not fair to see him suffer. Ok I know with medication, he will recover, but it seems to recur at an alarmingly increased regularity.
              Very sorry to hear about Shearer, Bbm - a sad time

Comment

• BBMmk2
                Late Member
                • Nov 2010

Great news!! Shearer has something else wrong with him which will be treated!! Happy cat owner now I am! The vets said he's picked up a tummy bug! So0 well worth going to the vets! Phew! Much relieved now!!
                Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                  • Nov 2010

....nine lives or what....very good....
                  bong ching

Comment

• BBMmk2
                    Late Member
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
                    ....nine lives or what....very good....
                    Indeed! he's using them up very fast!!
                    Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Petrushka
                      • Nov 2010

Great news!! Shearer has something else wrong with him which will be treated!! Happy cat owner now I am! The vets said he's picked up a tummy bug! So0 well worth going to the vets! Phew! Much relieved now!!
                      Looks like the biggest resurrection job since....

Glad to hear the panic is over.
                      "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                        • Dec 2010

Cat-a-clysmic!!!

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                          • Nov 2010

That's good news about Shearer BBM,we get so attached to our pets don't we.
                          Wonderful couple of days here weatherwise,not the warmest,but dry and quite sunny.

Comment

• marthe

BBM, I'm so glad to hear that Shearer is on the mend. The HH and I are so attached to our two cats that we go gaga over them (as HH says). We've lost 3 in the past 15 years so I understand the anguish of losing a furry friend.

Eigth, did you mention Bradford curry houses a few posts back? I've never been to one but the HH frequented a few while he was at uni in Bradford...a place called the Kash comes to mind.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                              Late Member
                              • Nov 2010

Don't we just marthe!! IMO, I think our vets go into panic mode as well, when our cat needs an appointment(If you remember her had kidney problems etc...)! Thankfully, not so bad and thankfully for pet insurance!!
                              Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
                                Looks like the biggest resurrection job since....
                                That made me laugh Pet, very good!
                                Dismal day yesterday, woke to low rain clouds and chill wind but it stayed dry until after lunch, rain not particularly heavy until around 7pm when it closed in, nil visibility and there was a downpour. Watched the Pope's Urbi et Orbi which meant I got a plenary indulgence (always handy), was treated to traditional Easter roast lamb and best of all, a beautiful rich creamy old-fashioned homemade rice pudding, heavy on the nutmeg and lemon zest.
                                All this spring cleaning and decorating means I've finally sorted and pruned cds, ditto cupboards, found stuff I'd completely forgotten I had. All packed ready for charity shop. Today dawned bright, sunny, seems to be set fair until late afternoon then heavy rain, thereafter showers for majority of the week I think, but not cold.

Comment

Working...
                                X