Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mangerton
    • Nov 2010

Sorry to hear anna was h de c and I hope all is well now. A very merry St David's Day to you, anna, and all your compatriots. Are you celebrating with leek soup?

It is a lovely sunny day here today, but I've no idea of the temperature, as I've been stuck in the office since 7.30 and won't be allowed out until 4.00.

Comment

• Petrushka
      • Nov 2010

Anna, sorry to hear you haven't been well. Nothing too serious I hope.

Still very sunny here and noticeably warm in the sun.
      "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• BBMmk2
        Late Member
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Anna View Post
        I'm afraid I haven't been around as I've been hors de combat However, all seems ok now. A lovely sunny day but the coldest overnight we've had at -1.3, freezing fog descended in the early hours, soon burnt off but a very thick frost lingering in the shadows for quite some time, think it's about 7.8° now, doubt if it'll get much higher. Yesterday morning was dreadful with heavy rain (but no snow), overall not a bad week. Here we are due more heavy rain tomorrow afternoon but then it appears to be more settled and fairly dry.
        Lots more blossom in evidence, I have Kerria (Batchelors' Buttons) out which is cheerful, birds busy nestbuilding, distant tops of mountains white with snow. I have several pots of mini-daffs blooming on the windowledge in honour of St. David's Day! BBM, is your project the American one or something else?
        the American one Anna!

Glad your better!!
        Don’t cry for me
        I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
          Host
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Anna View Post
          I'm afraid I haven't been around as I've been hors de combat However, all seems ok now.
          Great to have you back on St David's Day, Anna

Cheers m'dear, happy day!

"...the isle is full of noises,
          Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
          Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
          Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
            Great to have you back on St David's Day, Anna

Cheers m'dear, happy day!

There he goes - about to stick his nose in again...!

Must get out ere the sun sets - tomorrow being due to be wet. Streatham Common this afternoon, I think. Streatham's common. No, not really.

Comment

• marthe

Happy St David's day to Anna! March 1 brings longer days and brisk winds to these parts. The sun is shining but not for much longer as we await yet another winter storm. My bulbs are just peeking up above the soil...only the snowdrops on the south side of the house are in bloom. We won't see crocus or daffs for a while.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by marthe View Post
                Happy St David's day to Anna! March 1 brings longer days and brisk winds to these parts. The sun is shining but not for much longer as we await yet another winter storm. My bulbs are just peeking up above the soil...only the snowdrops on the south side of the house are in bloom. We won't see crocus or daffs for a while.
                I can well believe what you write, marthe, looking at the weather charts. I've just been watching an hour-long first part on our Channel 4 television of a two-parter looking at the extreme weather of our winter, the wettest since the 1770s in the south of the country. Terrible stories behind the dramatic commentary and backing score - people's homes or farmland repeatedly flooded or swept away.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                  • Nov 2010

Glorious sunny and warm day in North Cheshire.
                  After walking the dogs for around 8 miles this morning it felt quite hot in the sunshine.

Comment

• marthe

EdgeleyRob, I envy you the 8 mile walk in warm sunshine. Yes S_A, the weather drama unfolds yet again in the lower 48 (states that is). At the moment, Southern California is feeling the brunt of the latest storm system. Downpours, mudslides, flooding are wreaking havoc in those parts. That system will be moving east across the US causing severe winter storms. We're supposed to get snow or wintery mix in southern New England on Monday. The clouds are already moving in.

I hope that FoR3 member Estelle is spared the worst of the western storms.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                      Late Member
                      • Nov 2010

Indeed, to all the above marthe!

Another lovely day down here, continues with that golden orb shining through!!
                      Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Petrushka
                        • Nov 2010

Overcast and windy here. Been raining as well overnight. A completely different day from yesterday.
                        "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• amateur51

In London we've had some sunshine but the clouds are now gathering and the breeze is picking up speed. I'll be taking my gamp with me this afternoon when I go to the cinema.

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                            I've just been watching an hour-long first part on our Channel 4 television of a two-parter looking at the extreme weather of our winter, the wettest since the 1770s in the south of the country. Terrible stories behind the dramatic commentary and backing score - people's homes or farmland repeatedly flooded or swept away.
                            I missed that! But I see a repeat scheduled on 4seven for Monday, 9.00pm. Second part is to be about the flooding. Not very nice here, on/off fine spitty rain horizontal in strong winds earlier but now calmer before very heavy rain forecast is due, but the lunchtime BBC report said lots warmer, around 15° next weekend onwards so perhaps we won't get marthe's weather this time.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                              Late Member
                              • Nov 2010

had a great St David's Day dinner yesterday evening(I should've mentioned before). Welsh lamb stew, prior potato and leek soup, and Welsh cakes i was the only person there with any smattering of a Welsh connection!!
                              Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Gordon
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
                                had a great St David's Day dinner yesterday evening(I should've mentioned before). Welsh lamb stew, prior potato and leek soup, and Welsh cakes i was the only person there with any smattering of a Welsh connection!!
                                Washed down with Brains Bitter and finished with a wee dram of Penderyn one hopes!! No cheese on toast then?

So what's the connection then bbm?

Comment

Working...
                                X