Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alycidon
    • Feb 2013

Cold overnight, with some frost. Some folk in the Glen had to scrape/spray their windscreens. Brilliant sunshine now [10.00am], promises to be warm later - we hope!
    Money can't buy you happiness............but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery - Spike Milligan

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
      Gone fishin'
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
      Had that yesterday. Pretty good today. Off to hospital soon, gawd! Not the cat but me!

See if my platelets are behaving themselves!!
      Tell them, if they don't, that I shall have words with them!

Best Wishes, Bbm.
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• BBMmk2
        Late Member
        • Nov 2010

Typical wait for ages and seen for five minutes! Ah well looks as though I am still slightly anaemic but nothing much to worry abvout. My wife was saying I be needing things to improve that. Hmmm kidney, liver????
        Don’t cry for me
        I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• amateur51

Typical wait for ages and seen for five minutes! Ah well looks as though I am still slightly anaemic but nothing much to worry abvout. My wife was saying I be needing things to improve that. Hmmm kidney, liver????
          Oh yes, Bbm and loadsa spinach yum! A glass of red wine probably would go down well too
          Last edited by Guest; 26-09-13, 16:32. Reason: trypo

Comment

• salymap
            Late member
            • Nov 2010

Street lights haven't come on by shops or where I live.

Country folk will scoff but very creepy here ATM.

Good luck BBM, what about iron tablets?

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by salymap View Post
              Street lights haven't come on by shops or where I live.

Country folk will scoff but very creepy here ATM.

Good luck BBM, what about iron tablets?
              Sorry to hear about the lack of streetlights salymap - quite alarming I can imagine.This area is a working exhibition of light pollution, being so close to the railway & tube lines, so we rarely get that problem.

For some people iron is rather difficult to absorb is any form other than food and iron tablets can lead to indigestion and bad constipation (not that there's ever good ... you catch my drift?)

i think I need a lie down after that
              Last edited by Guest; 26-09-13, 20:32. Reason: lights

Comment

• Anna

No need to increase meat consumption BBM, plenty of iron rich snacky things you can have such as: dates (packed full of it), raisins and dried apricots; pumpkin and sunflower seeds; all nuts particularly cashews and almonds. In cookery beans and pulses such as kidney, chickpeas, lentils of course, kale and broccoli, all whole grains. Shellfish is evidently higher in iron than any meat. So I prescribe: porridge topped with raisins and chopped apricots for breakfast, a prawn sandwich on oat bread for lunch, chili con carne with brown rice for dinner and date and walnut cake for supper!

Ontopic: very dark and dull yesterday, constant light rain from midmorning until late afternoon. Depressing that it was dark so early in the evening but it was still warm. Wednesday was a perfect summer's day reaching 23.6°

Comment

• amateur51

A very pleasant morning here, sunny and mild with a gentle breeze - another six weeks of this would be wonderful

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                    Host
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                    A very pleasant morning here, sunny and mild with a gentle breeze - another six weeks of this would be wonderful
                    Yes two perfect autumn days, yesterday and today - a bit fresher than the rather humid start to the week, and none the worse for that - sunny and pleasantly breezy and temperatures to allow the cyclist or pedestrian flâneur to move around in shirtsleeves with a jersey or similar about the shoulders au cas où. Ideal
                    "...the isle is full of noises,
                    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                      Ex-member
                      • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                      Yes two perfect autumn days, yesterday and today - a bit fresher than the rather humid start to the week, and none the worse for that - sunny and pleasantly breezy and temperatures to allow the cyclist or pedestrian flâneur to move around in shirtsleeves with a jersey or similar about the shoulders au cas où. Ideal
                      I think it's right that we get the best weather in London. It's the capital, and those of us that pay council tax, pay the most!

Comment

• Petrushka
                        • Nov 2010

A very pleasant day up here as well. Are we in late summer or early autumn? Whichever, it's most agreeable.

It was noticeable during the summer just gone that the Midlands and North of England seemed to have the best of the weather. There were several occasions when S-A or other Londoners on the board reported dull or cloudy conditions while up here it was wall-to-wall sunshine!
                        "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
                          I think it's right that we get the best weather in London. It's the capital, and those of us that pay council tax, pay the most!
                          They might privatise the weather forecasting service, but one thing they can't do is privatise the weather, that is until it's been captured in reservoirs!

Can reservoir water be stolen?

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
                            A very pleasant day up here as well. Are we in late summer or early autumn? Whichever, it's most agreeable.

It was noticeable during the summer just gone that the Midlands and North of England seemed to have the best of the weather. There were several occasions when S-A or other Londoners on the board reported dull or cloudy conditions while up here it was wall-to-wall sunshine!
                            As a general rule, the nearer one is to high pressure, the drier the weather. On averages, the further north one goes the worse the weather experienced, but not this year, because the weather patterns have tended to be reversed: high to the north, low to the south.

Comment

• mangerton
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
                              Not sure if you get the best weather, though it always seems to be warmest part of the country. I don't think it's anything to do with council tax. I think rather it's because London is full of politicians and senior civil servants who generate lots of hot air. Edinburgh has a similar problem.

OT I've been in N Yorks for the last two days. Yesterday was sunny and warm, today dry but much cooler. Home tomorrow.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                                Late Member
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                                No need to increase meat consumption BBM, plenty of iron rich snacky things you can have such as: dates (packed full of it), raisins and dried apricots; pumpkin and sunflower seeds; all nuts particularly cashews and almonds. In cookery beans and pulses such as kidney, chickpeas, lentils of course, kale and broccoli, all whole grains. Shellfish is evidently higher in iron than any meat. So I prescribe: porridge topped with raisins and chopped apricots for breakfast, a prawn sandwich on oat bread for lunch, chili con carne with brown rice for dinner and date and walnut cake for supper!

Ontopic: very dark and dull yesterday, constant light rain from midmorning until late afternoon. Depressing that it was dark so early in the evening but it was still warm. Wednesday was a perfect summer's day reaching 23.6°
                                Thanks fore that info Anna! Much appreciated! Rather a nice day today, but a bit of a nip in the air later.
                                Don’t cry for me
                                I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Working...
                                X