Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EdgeleyRob
    • Nov 2010

Lovely weekend so far in the Manchester area,blue sky,sunshine and very warm.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
      Gone fishin'
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
      Lovely weekend so far in the Manchester area,blue sky,sunshine and very warm.
      Yes - likewise over the the other side of the Trans-Penine line, too.
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• BBMmk2
        Late Member
        • Nov 2010

Been cloudy here all day, so far
        Don’t cry for me
        I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Pabmusic
          • May 2011

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
          Been cloudy here all day, so far
          It's been cloudy and wet (in a very British fashion, too) for three days - there's a typhoon over Manila (about 280 miles away) and we're catching the edge of it.

Comment

• antongould
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
            No; that was Beecham.

Indeed........no need for Rumpole to go the chemists when he can meet all the celebrities he needs at the Puncture Palace....

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
              SeeIng as I helped someone buy a new car last week....I thought while in that mode I would trade in my big Van and get something more appropriate....so I spent this aft' getting another Peugot 406 Diesel Estate (my 4th, and 3x 405's before that)....unfortunately not red....(will say goodbye and take out the bed and kitchen out of my Merc tomorrow....)....
              I've been wondering why you consider a Peugot 406 more 'appropriate', is that appropriate to your age, your social standing, your image ...... ?? I thought you and the dogs loved that van more than anything and you can't put a bed in the back!

On the subject of bikes, I paid a visit to Evans Cycles website, quite shocked to see that they had no road bikes under £400. Waiting with interest for report of S_A's return trip to Halfords with bent spoke and result - will he go for the more expensive model?

Also, S_A brought up the subject of Vitamin D, I've just seen this in The Guardian: In the absence of sunlight or supplements, eating mushrooms is a good way to up your vitamin D levels, and the only vegetarian food source of vitamin D (ergosterols in mushrooms convert to vitamin D when exposed to light). Vitamin D deficiency is thought to be quite widespread in Britain.
              They are also a good source of B vitamins, which help provide energy by breaking down proteins, fats and carbohydrates, and play a key role in the nervous system. Betaglucans in mushrooms appear to boost immunity and help resistance against allergies. The selenium and ergothioneine may help protect our cells from damage that causes chronic disease

Ontopic: Very warm here at 20.7° but early blue skies and sun was replaced by cloud, which I suppose keeps the heat in.

Comment

• mangerton
                • Nov 2010

20º C here too, and a beautiful sunny day to boot.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                  Host
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
                  SeeIng as I helped someone buy a new car last week....I thought while in that mode I would trade in my big Van and get something more appropriate....so I spent this aft' getting another Peugot 406 Diesel Estate (my 4th, and 3x 405's before that)....unfortunately not red....(will say goodbye and take out the bed and kitchen out of my Merc tomorrow....)....
                  Can't believe I missed this yesterday - the Van's going... ! Happy motoring in the Peugeot, 8tho!
                  "...the isle is full of noises,
                  Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                  Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                  Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                    No; that was Beecham.
                    That must have been a moving experience!

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Anna View Post

On the subject of bikes, I paid a visit to Evans Cycles website, quite shocked to see that they had no road bikes under £400. Waiting with interest for report of S_A's return trip to Halfords with bent spoke and result - will he go for the more expensive model?
                      I'm still feeling too gloomy to do anything about it today, Anna - shall have to galvanise myself to return it and me to Brixton tomorrow.

Also, S_A brought up the subject of Vitamin D, I've just seen this in The Guardian: [I]In the absence of sunlight or supplements, eating mushrooms is a good way to up your vitamin D levels, and the only vegetarian food source of vitamin D (ergosterols in mushrooms convert to vitamin D when exposed to light). Vitamin D deficiency is thought to be quite widespread in Britain.
                      So then, there is a reason for my taking lately to mushrooms!

Ontopic: Very warm here at 20.7° but early blue skies and sun was replaced by cloud, which I suppose keeps the heat in.
                      Very disappointing here - impenetrable stratus layer at about 2000 feet and we're stuck underneath it, being too near the centre of a typical autumn "high" with therefore insufficient solar strength or wind to shift or break it up. Temperature pegged at 18.5 C.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Pabmusic View Post
                        It's been cloudy and wet (in a very British fashion, too) for three days - there's a typhoon over Manila (about 280 miles away) and we're catching the edge of it.
                        Is this usual for the time of year, Pabs?

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                          Is this usual for the time of year, Pabs?
                          North of the Equator, and at that latitude, I would think yes.

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                            So then, there is a reason for my taking lately to mushrooms!
                            <arf, arf> Magic! No wonder you fell off your velocipede!
                            Seriously, I always thought mushrooms were just mainly water with no nutritional benefit. But, I've got into chestnut or portobello ones (still think the white button ones are tasteless) over the past few months, in fact tonight will have a mushroom, leek and creme fraiche with fresh pasta meal. Shavings of parmesan of course!

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                              • Nov 2010

Better eat some mushrooms....mmmm....runny egg omelette....ooo

....mushrooms+ butter ....ooooooooootiny salt , pepper.....oooo

....ere I dun ask fer much....I's very humble....
                              bong ching

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                                <arf, arf> Magic! No wonder you fell off your velocipede!
                                Seriously, I always thought mushrooms were just mainly water with no nutritional benefit. But, I've got into chestnut or portobello ones (still think the white button ones are tasteless) over the past few months, in fact tonight will have a mushroom, leek and creme fraiche with fresh pasta meal. Shavings of parmesan of course!
                                Portobello mushrooms - hmmm, yes, I can remember getting some interesting ones from Portobello Road market back in days before more oversight was conducted on merchandise from that neck of the woods!

Comment

Working...
                                X