• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • salymap
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
    Any music is there to cheer you up with, saly? Sorry to hear this.
    No, I'm okay BBM thanks. Have you moved yet ? What a coincidence, where you aregoing.

Comment

• BBMmk2
      Late Member
      • Nov 2010

Ah, not yet, saly. The big day is on October 23rd! BTW, I will not be having internet from around that time
      Don’t cry for me
      I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• BBMmk2
        Late Member
        • Nov 2010

A lovely day, down here in the south; in the end!!
        Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• mangerton
          • Nov 2010

Working tomorrow, so as I was off today I went to Edinburgh, by bus. It was a lovely day, and the Forth Bridge looked magnificent in the morning sunshine - as did Edinburgh. It was good to see Princes Street with its new tramlines and not a trace of roadworks for the first time in years.

I went to see The Great Scottish Tapestry at the Scottish Parliament, where it has been on show. The exhibition closes tomorrow but it's to tour Scotland. If it appears near you - or even if it doesn't - it's well worth a visit. About 160 panels, each 1 square metre, it depicts Scotland's history, and there's something for everyone. It was sewn by about 1,000 volunteers.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
            • Dec 2010

Make the most of any sunshine while the temperatures rise as expected this weekend, is my advice. It was already too late when I took my rug outside for some sunbathing this afternoon at 3.30.

I have to buy a new bicycle tomorrow - the repairer rang to say the frame of my 30-years old Falcon Oxford is bent probably beyond retrievability, (how did that happen I wonder? ) and other repairs and replacements would in any case cost more than £200. I can get a brand new bike from Halfords for less than that.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
              Make the most of any sunshine while the temperatures rise as expected this weekend, is my advice. It was already too late when I took my rug outside for some sunbathing this afternoon at 3.30.

I have to buy a new bicycle tomorrow - the repairer rang to say the frame of my 30-years old Falcon Oxford is bent probably beyond retrievability, (how did that happen I wonder? ) and other repairs and replacements would in any case cost more than £200. I can get a brand new bike from Halfords for less than that.
              Hard cheese, S_A but there again - how exciting! ;biggrin:

Details as & when you have them, svp.

You could put up a list of likely bikes and we could run a poll - how very Radio3 de nos jours

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                Hard cheese, S_A but there again - how exciting! ;biggrin:

Details as & when you have them, svp.

You could put up a list of likely bikes and we could run a poll - how very Radio3 de nos jours

There was a Halfords bike going buckshee when I came to live here - left in the basement area by a previous tenant, apparently, since no one wanted to claim it. It wasn't much heavier than the Falcon, and was actually more comfortable to ride in Town, the straight handlebars allowing for a more vertical posture and hence greater ease in turning around to check for approaching traffic from behind - drop handlebars automatically cause a swerve to the right when looking back, I've found. Unfortunately it was nicked in Peckham a couple of years ago when my back was turned for a second - ironically I was buying an "I Love Peckham" T-shirt off a market stall at the time! It meant a 4-mile walk home!

Comment

• salymap
                  Late member
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                  There was a Halfords bike going buckshee when I came to live here - left in the basement area by a previous tenant, apparently, since no one wanted to claim it. It wasn't much heavier than the Falcon, and was actually more comfortable to ride in Town, the straight handlebars allowing for a more vertical posture and hence greater ease in turning around to check for approaching traffic from behind - drop handlebars automatically cause a swerve to the right when looking back, I've found. Unfortunately it was nicked in Peckham a couple of years ago when my back was turned for a second - ironically I was buying an "I Love Peckham" T-shirt off a market stall at the time! It meant a 4-mile walk home!
                  You have my sympathy S_A - I've had to say 'goodbye' to my big old tv and the business of getting a replacement, which must fit the space and take all the old attachments seems endless.

I hope you find a super bike and I get sorted soon. Even this machine made me sign in twice tonight.

Good luck, saly

Comment

• BBMmk2
                    Late Member
                    • Nov 2010

Good luck with the bike hunting, SA!

Hopefully a great day today. With a jamming session in the morning. So that be cool!
                    Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• alycidon
                      • Feb 2013

Nice warm morning in Nessieland. Let's hope it stays that way!
                      Money can't buy you happiness............but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery - Spike Milligan

Comment

• mangerton
                        • Nov 2010

Dry and overcast here. Not a breath of wind. Temp 15ºC.

Good luck to S_A with the bike shopping today, and to saly with her TV hunt and tech problems.

Comment

• Petrushka
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by mangerton View Post
                          Dry and overcast here. Not a breath of wind. Temp 15ºC.
                          Much the same here though we did have some drizzle first thing this morning. Thought it was supposed to be a lot better than this?
                          "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by salymap View Post
                            You have my sympathy S_A - I've had to say 'goodbye' to my big old tv and the business of getting a replacement, which must fit the space and take all the old attachments seems endless.

I hope you find a super bike and I get sorted soon. Even this machine made me sign in twice tonight.

Good luck, saly
                            That is the problem Salymap all/most of the connecting plugs male and female have changed in the last few years and it is a conundrum trying to match something new to what you have got....and i'm very suspicious of these new digital TV etc with everything included (I don't think they are as durable as what we are now getting rid of)....the recording boxes I few are particularly susceptible to giving up the ghost quickly....don't buy Goodmans....goodluck....
                            bong ching

Comment

• salymap
                              Late member
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
                              That is the problem Salymap all/most of the connecting plugs male and female have changed in the last few years and it is a conundrum trying to match something new to what you have got....and i'm very suspicious of these new digital TV etc with everything included (I don't think they are as durable as what we are now getting rid of)....the recording boxes I few are particularly susceptible to giving up the ghost quickly....don't buy Goodmans....goodluck....
                              Thanks 8th. I thought it would besimple but have asked my cousin to see itfitted [PCWorld],
                              as he understands it more than I do.

Ishall clear offtothe kitchen and let the delivery men and coz fightitout. Well,I'm only a silly woman, how could I understand such stuff

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                                • Nov 2010

Such things in our (should say 'my' these day, there is only me) are described as 'ugly knowledge', better not to have that type of expertise in your mind....yes, save a bit of £ and get someone else to do it....(modern stuff has less electrical leads; which is good)...."tis the devils business"....
                                bong ching

Comment

Working...
                                X