• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nick Armstrong
    Host
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
    .........and tomorrow night's jamming session with bottles of Spitfire is on!!
    Do you blow or hit....? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUru7nSyKxQ

"...the isle is full of noises,
    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
      Wonderful!!!

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
        Host
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
        The former, as tomorrow looks likely to be very wet until mid-afternoon in these parts; I think the tube would be the best bet!
        Strange - no rain now and almost none now predicted for the day, bar the odd shower...

UPDATE: chucking it down now
        Last edited by Nick Armstrong; 16-08-13, 08:20.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
          • Dec 2010

Strange - no rain now and almost none now predicted for the day, bar the odd shower...

UPDATE: chucking it down now
          Yes, don't trust this sky; it may look pretty innocuous now but there's no clear view of what's going on above the low ragged stuff, where it matters with frontal systems.

Comment

• Anna

Torrential rain woke me up at 6.30am (plus, a soggy carpet as I'd left the bathroom window wide open!), it continued very heavy until around 9.00 necessitating Berghaus and it's ok now, sunny bits, feeling quite muggy through. I think, although haven't seen forecast, that here we are due a lot more rain tomorrow but long range it's still promising up in the high 20s for next weekend? I need a dry spell as grass is now growing very quickly.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Anna View Post
              Torrential rain woke me up at 6.30am (plus, a soggy carpet as I'd left the bathroom window wide open!), it continued very heavy until around 9.00 necessitating Berghaus and it's ok now, sunny bits, feeling quite muggy through. I think, although haven't seen forecast, that here we are due a lot more rain tomorrow but long range it's still promising up in the high 20s for next weekend? I need a dry spell as grass is now growing very quickly.
              Yes Anna, it looks good from about Tuesday onwards, starting in the south.

Glad to hear your boiler system has been installed satisfactorily - I have to say, though, if I set my thermostat at 15 C for the central heating, it never comes on - only seems to "recognise" room temperatures below 20 C!

Oh, and our grass is only just starting to green up following weeks of looking (and feeling) like straw.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                • Nov 2010

Waited all day yest' for promised rain....didn't come till sleeping hours....
                bong ching

Comment

• salymap
                  Late member
                  • Nov 2010

C20 or 70f for my central heating too S_A.

I did try it briefly the other day as I know faults show up after the rads have been inactive for several weeks.

I hope all will work later in the year. Spin Dryer and this machine need replacing

Quite enough expense for me.

Comment

• mangerton
                    • Nov 2010

It rained here overnight, but it's been a lovely sunny morning.

I confidently predict rain at 4.00, though, when I start a week's leave.

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by mangerton View Post
                      It rained here overnight, but it's been a lovely sunny morning.

I confidently predict rain at 4.00, though, when I start a week's leave.
                      Another holiday mangerton? Where are you off to this time, or will it just be chilling out at home with some day trips?
                      Surprisingly, after such an awful start, it turned out very hot and sunny today, 24.4°. Caught the lunchtime BBC forecast. Grass here (which hadn't been cut super short) greened up quite rapidly, of course when they emptied the water system it went via a hose - onto the grass!!

Comment

• BBMmk2
                        Late Member
                        • Nov 2010

Lovely Cali!! I drink to that! Keyboards, ofcourse. Well I suppose it could have been a brass instrument gather(eg from the orchestra/brass band!!).
                        Don’t cry for me
                        I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• mangerton
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                          Another holiday mangerton? Where are you off to this time, or will it just be chilling out at home with some day trips?
                          I know, isn't it disgraceful? Never do a stroke of work, these people, moan groan chiz. I'd better not mention my week at the end of Sept and my two weeks end Oct early Nov.

Leaving on Sunday, through Clan Homeland, and staying in the Lake District. Home on Wed, work on Sat. All a bit Solomon Grundy-ish!

OT, Rain still holding off, in fact it's sunny and quite warm.

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by mangerton View Post
                            Leaving on Sunday, through Clan Homeland
                            On the trail of the Border Reivers? .... Gosh! How romantic, shall I have to warn them to lock up their daughters, horses (the Reivers were amazing horsemen, much feared I find) and cattle/sheep for fear of rustling? I stayed once in the Lake District, it rained constantly and you could surf on the lake the water was so rough. But I'm sure you'll have a lovely time!

Comment

• BBMmk2
                              Late Member
                              • Nov 2010

An excellent jamming session last night! Very convivial, with a few beers as well!
                              Don’t cry for me
                              I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                                Host
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
                                with a few beers as well!
                                <Staggers around room in amazement emoticon>...

Comment

Working...
                                X