X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Petrushka
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
    I think I'll throw my betting slip away as it differs from Pet's selections.
    Wouldn't do that if I were you! You never hear much about my losses on here. Good luck with your selections!
    "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
      Late member
      • Nov 2010

seemed to spend most of yesterday sitting outside chatting with chums, today is being spent indoors!
      According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
        Host
        • Nov 2010

Blowing a gale outside!
        "...the isle is full of noises,
        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• BBMmk2
          Late Member
          • Nov 2010

Like a candle in a wind or anyother song that 'springs'to mind!
          Don’t cry for me
          I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Anna

There is a chance this weekend to see a supermoon (cloud permitting)
            The night sky is illuminated by what appears to be a much bigger and brighter Moon - a so-called "supermoon".

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
            Blowing a gale outside!
            The live display from our weather station shows the wind at 13-20mph and gusting at 31mph. I had to go outside to rescue empty flowerpots and troughs being blown around and it's very unpleasant and quite cold. I've also had to close the windows a bit, too draughty, and put a sweatshirt over sleeveless teeshirt. Oh well, Midsummer's Day on Monday ....

I turned on C4 racing to see how Petrushka's first horse got on .... lucky I hadn't been to the bookies but how terribly sad that the winner collapsed and died of a heart attack (not following racing I don't know how common that is?)

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
              • Dec 2010

I know they've been bred up for it and that, but I've never liked the gee-gees.

Comment

• Petrushka
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                I turned on C4 racing to see how Petrushka's first horse got on .... lucky I hadn't been to the bookies but how terribly sad that the winner collapsed and died of a heart attack (not following racing I don't know how common that is?)
                Not common at all, Anna, and as you say, very sad indeed.

I just hope EdgeleyRob had better luck with his selections than I did. An embarrassing situation just collecting your money back on a non-runner.

And then Ryan Moore wins on a horse he wasn't down to ride having originally been due to ride on my non-runner! Not happy.

Back on topic, been raining on and off here and windy with it.
                Last edited by Petrushka; 22-06-13, 17:12.

Comment

• mangerton
                  • Nov 2010

Well done Anna in your garden. That sounds like a very productive week.

I've been meandering along the south coast (of England) all week, and the weather has been mixed. Some days have been very hot, as, coming from the frozen north, 25 C is very hot! Today was much cooler, with very high winds. However, I have not yet seen any rain, during the day, though some has obviously fallen at night.

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by mangerton View Post
                    Well done Anna in your garden. That sounds like a very productive week.
                    And jiffybags full of beans could be heading your way in a few months! It's been really hard work, but the transformation is well worth it.
                    Originally posted by mangerton View Post
                    I've been meandering along the south coast (of England) all week, and the weather has been mixed. Some days have been very hot, as, coming from the frozen north, 25 C is very hot! Today was much cooler, with very high winds. However, I have not yet seen any rain, during the day, though some has obviously fallen at night.
                    Hope your holiday, although mixed weather, is proving enjoyable in The Deep South (are the Natives friendly?) To be honest, if I hadn't designated today as R&R I would be mightily teed-off about the weather although the wind has now died down.
                    Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
                    And then Ryan Moore wins on a horse he wasn't down to ride having originally been due to ride on my non-runner! Not happy.
                    Well Petrushka - I guess you won't be buying that boxed set you wanted with your selections today ...... Let's see how Edgeley Rob got on!

Comment

• Petrushka
                      • Nov 2010

Well Petrushka - I guess you won't be buying that boxed set you wanted with your selections today ...... Let's see how Edgeley Rob got on!
                      Afraid not, Anna. Probably just as well cosidering the storage space I have ie not much. Hope ER did better.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                        Late Member
                        • Nov 2010

My goodness, Anna, you have been busy! Sounds just whyat my father did, when he was able to! Keep up the good work and maybe(just), see the fruits(no pun here intended, btw), of your labours!
                        Don’t cry for me
                        I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                          • Dec 2010

Anna
                          I asked this morning at my local St Sprees about those salad things in growbags you mentioned a while back, and they said they hadn't heard of them, and that in any case there probably wouldn't be much call for them in London. When I mentioned that a friend had managed to buy them in Wales, the manager answered, "Well, Wales is in another country innit!"

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
                            My goodness, Anna, you have been busy! Sounds just whyat my father did, when he was able to! Keep up the good work and maybe(just), see the fruits(no pun here intended, btw), of your labours!
                            Crikey BBM, I most sincerely hope I'll see the fruits of my labours not just a maybe (just)!! How old do you think I am? Should I prepare my shroud in case I am struck down amidst the beans, maybe with a stake through my heart, or strangled by a Scarlet Emperor? (Of course, there is that old song: She sits amongst the cabbages and peas ..... )
                            Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                            Anna
                            I asked this morning at my local St Sprees about those salad things in growbags you mentioned a while back, and they said they hadn't heard of them, and that in any case there probably wouldn't be much call for them in London. When I mentioned that a friend had managed to buy them in Wales, the manager answered, "Well, Wales is in another country innit!"
                            S_A, I checked St. Sprees website that they stocked living leaves before I mentioned them here. Obviously Londoners are not not so into lettuce as the healthy living greens munchers of Wales! Honestly, I cannot believe neither you nor Saly could get them, The Living Leaf Co. that produce them say all the major supermarkets stock them.
                            Last edited by Guest; 22-06-13, 19:10.

Comment

• salymap
                              Late member
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                              Anna
                              There you are Anna, much the same response here. But my badly spaced typing gave Cali a chance with his Justin Wales joke.

I'm back to Iceberg lettuce.

Have a nice evening everyone, over and out,.........

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
                                Afraid not, Anna. Probably just as well cosidering the storage space I have ie not much. Hope ER did better.
                                Well Pet,I had Opinion at 8/1 (Ascot) and Shaishee (Newmarket) 2 singles and a double,Shaishee was 2nd.
                                Modest profit of £26 for a tenner staked,enough for a couple of Weinberg cds.
                                So sad to hear about the death of the Cecil horse Sir Thomas Chippendale.
                                When did the Saturday of the Ascot meeting become Royal ?,I'm sure it wasn't always so.

Comment

Working...
                                X