Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pianorak
    • Nov 2010

Feeling blue? - Don't be surprised if you do.

Today has been named the most miserable day of the year, triggered by bad weather, money worries and failed resolutions. What can you do to lift the January blues?
    My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

• greenilex
      • Nov 2010

A lot brighter this morning here in deepest Hants. But I have to do something about my roof...

Comment

• Mahlerei

Very bright in Kent, sunlight streaming in through my new windows. Hope it lasts.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
          Late member
          • Nov 2010

very bright and clear in the middle kingdom ...at last can dry the washing outdoors!
          According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• salymap
            Late member
            • Nov 2010

Yes, I actually got to the local Co-op, although a long walk each way. Afraid I saw no gorgeous Co-op fellas or ladies, but they are all very nice {Ref. Dinner Party thread, in case you've all forgotten.]

Comment

• antongould
              • Nov 2010

We would never forget the Coop ladies or your triumph in the Dinner Party thread salymap!

Comment

• marthe

Horrible weather here. Cold rain on top of icy snow. Yuk. The pavements are treacherous. Hope it's better on the other side! Saly, so glad you could go out and get your shoppng at the Co-op. I'm going to wait until the weather improves before I venture forth again. Spent the morning at a flower show committee meeting and got thoroughly wet coming home. Time now for hot soup and a cup of tea!

Comment

• salymap
                  Late member
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                  We would never forget the Coop ladies or your triumph in the Dinner Party thread salymap!
                  Morning Anton and all, Huh, triumph, what triumph? Not a crumb of food was delivered to my door,no taxis came, bread and soup as usual

Comment

• antongould
                    • Nov 2010

It was a triumph salymap you were proved to be considerably more popular than our new government. How is the weather throughout the Uk and USA and even beyond?

Comment

• salymap
                      Late member
                      • Nov 2010

Morning Anton in Prague. Weather changeable, is the best description, but not too bad in Kent borders.
                      Too dark to see much yet but narcissi were just coming through the weeds in my front garden yesterday, so that's something. I haven't forgotten Ma Vlast today, you lucky people. Hope the trams get you where you want to go. bws salymap

Comment

• Uncle Monty

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                        How is the weather throughout the Uk and USA and even beyond?
                        Pretty cold here in the Wild West this morning, but bright sunshine and nary a cloud in the sky. Just tramped up the hill to feed the hens. Very white frost, but, oddly, the weather people say it's barely below freezing. I beg leave to doubt that

Comment

• salymap
                          Late member
                          • Nov 2010

Uncle Monty, whenever I look at the weather forecast on radio, computer or TV they are all different. I've come to the conclusion that a piece of seaweed would be more useful.

Comment

• greenilex
                            • Nov 2010

Sunny by Southampton Water this morning - also very white frost. Will walk down through the Parks later.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by salymap View Post
                              Uncle Monty, whenever I look at the weather forecast on radio, computer or TV they are all different. I've come to the conclusion that a piece of seaweed would be more useful.
                              My friend Billie has what we call his 'bionic bunion' which seems to be far more accurate than any weather forecast. Any time you want to know if BBB (Billie's Bionic Bunion) is giving rain-portending twinges, let me know salymap

Comment

• Stillhomewardbound
                                • Nov 2010

No snow, no rain and no wind on my cycle into Londonium this morning. In fact, I was going at a great lick (and stopped for all the reds, should you ask!), but I hadn't anticipated a plastic Sainsburys being blown into my chain/

Fully twenty minutes I was on the approach to Tower Bridge, with the back upturned on the pavement, digging and scraping with my house keys to clear the remnants of the bag from the derailleur into which it had become some terribly enmeshed.

Comment

Working...
                                X