X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doversoul1
    Ex Member
    • Dec 2010

How many words does English have for rain?

salypam
    Wet and dull and dark down here at this end of Kent but the daffodils are coming up and my flowering current bush is budding. And the evenings are definitely getting lighter. Spring is round the corner and we shall survive (just…).

Janacek’s string quartet is on air. What a wonderful change! (I have nothing against Mozart any other time).

Comment

• salymap
      Late member
      • Nov 2010

Doversoul, are you trying to blow my cover? I've already been accused of working for M15 today.

Mahlerei, up to date info in another place. Now Isound like a pesky politician. pouring with rain still. Off for my afternoon snooze.

Comment

• sigolene euphemia

salymap,

I send you sun beams, generous amounts from the North of Scotland.

siggy

Comment

• mangerton
          • Nov 2010

Lots of sunbeams in Dundee too - and it's mild! It's a pity I'm stuck at work until 8.00.

Comment

• salymap
            Late member
            • Nov 2010

Am51 Well, I don't part with my books until I see the kippers first. Proper ones, not dyed. saly

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by salymap View Post
              Am51 Well, I don't part with my books until I see the kippers first. Proper ones, not dyed. saly
              My suggestion is that we should meet with our parcels conveniently wrapped for easy exchange at a bus shelter or coffee shoppe convenient for you & then do the swop, Smiley-style

How many non-dyed kippers were you thinking of?

Comment

• marthe

Hello stormyweatherites: here's the report from SE New England. IT'S COLD. We've had another dump of snow two days ago and now the temps are dropping close to single digits (F) at night. I'm hoping the hose to the washing machine doesn't freeze up. Our old house is not insulated so vulnerable pipes and hoses tend to freeze when the mercury drops. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for decent weather on Mon/Tues when my husband flies over the pond for an 8 day visit with family up north. salymap: I hope the kipper caper goes well. Kippers yum!

Comment

• salymap
                  Late member
                  • Nov 2010

Morning Stormyweatherites. Hope you all feel better than I do. Am going back to bed for a bit. Just heard the best performance ever at 5.15am [ish] on TTN. Don't laugh, Dukas, Sorcerer's Apprentice. Charles Du [something] with French Radio Orchestra. This has good associations with teaching someone to listen properly to music. best,
                  Last edited by salymap; 15-01-11, 07:17. Reason: computer playing up

Comment

• antongould
                    • Nov 2010

Morning salymap I hope you feel better when you rise again. A bit early to see what the weather is yet but the forecast is not good especially for our western neighbours in Cumbria. Putting on Breakfast and not hearing your Wolfie is just a little bit of a joy!

Comment

• salymap
                      Late member
                      • Nov 2010

Morning anton, What a funny life I lead. Day seems to turn into night somehow. Iwonder if you have left the'other page' you wrote to me on for good? There was an unanswered post about British composers, one of my

hobby horses. So many works have disappeared and they are not all bad ones. Still wetout but can only get better.

Comment

• salymap
                        Late member
                        • Nov 2010

For Eudaimona's attention.

I keep getting this when I try to post a VM to you or Siggy........'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired. Please reload the window.' Clear as mud to me !!!

Comment

• antongould
                          • Nov 2010

Very odd as I have posted VMs to both Salymap and Eudai's Profile pages without any error message

Comment

• marthe

Bright, sunny, cold here today...and it was supposed to snow again! Good travel weather for brother and sister-in-law who are travelling to Moscow from NYC in a few hours. Salymap, I hope you're feeling a bit better as the day goes on.

Comment

• salymap
                              Late member
                              • Nov 2010

Morning all. Sorry to hear of the death of actress Susanna York. Does anyone remember the Anglo/American films on the American airmen over here? She played the female lead and was torn between her boring husband and a gorgeous airman. T'was ever thus. RIP Susanna.

Comment

• sigolene euphemia

Originally posted by salymap View Post
                                For Eudaimona's attention.

I keep getting this when I try to post a VM to you or Siggy........'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired. Please reload the window.' Clear as mud to me !!!
                                mornin' salymap,

I don't know how to clear the mud but will post to Euda's site and see if she has a mud remover !

siggy

Comment

Working...
                                X