X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aka Calum Da Jazbo
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

i confess to being a dormouse today .... no idea what it is like outside except that it is very unwelcoming .... brrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Cabbages and Leek Soup with Gnocchi for lunch .... that warmed things up a tad
    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
      Gnocchi
      A cross between a telephone and a fashion parade?

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
        Host
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
        A cross between a telephone and a fashion parade?
        Not sure I get that...

Nokia & Gucci ?

Love gnocchi with pesto & parmesan yummmmmmmmm

"...the isle is full of noises,
        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
          [COLOR="#0000FF"]Not sure I get that...

Nokia & Gucci ?
          In one, Cali!

Comment

• DracoM
            Host
            • Mar 2007

Ultima Thule - great billows of freezing rain being driven by ferocious winds in an across the fells. That deeply penetrating, damp cold in everything. Nasty.

Comment

• salymap
              Late member
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
              i confess to being a dormouse today .... no idea what it is like outside except that it is very unwelcoming .... brrrrrrrrrrrrr
              Cabbages and Leek Soup with Gnocchi for lunch .... that warmed things up a tad
              Calum, if you are a dormouse perhaps we could make up the entire Mad Hatter's Tea Party here

Now - let me think.......

Comment

• Petrushka
                • Nov 2010

A vile evening. Freezing cold, strong wind and heavy rain. Cold and frosty is forecast for tomorrow - I can cope with that!
                "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                  • Dec 2010

Hi fellow weatherites!

Simon at Weatherweb is forecasting a turn to much colder weather on Tuesday and Wednesday of next week. Tentatively he's predicting heavy snowfall on Thursday and Friday affecting Wales, the W Midlands, central S and SE England from a frontal system trying but not succeeding in bringing in milder Atlantic air, with areas to the north and east remaining dry but cold. A brief warm-up is predicted for just before Xmas, followed by cold weather on Xmas Day, though not quite cold enough for a white Xmas, apart from over hilly and mountainous areas of N Wales, N England and Scotland.

It's gloriously sunny, with excellent visibility here, now that the early morning rain (snow elsewhere I hear) has cleared, and the fresh NW wind seems to be dying down somewhat. Make the most of tomorrow and Sunday if you want or need to get out there, would be my advice.

Comment

• Anna

Thank you S_A for weather forecast - do not like the sound of the heavy snow in Wales (although forecasts for Wales as one country are misleading, North and South have very different climates)

This morning the tops of the Brecon Beacons were white and sparkling in the sunshine, very pretty.
                    Yesterday evening and last night non-stop rain, today excellent visibility here as well, not too cold, around 7° but add the wind chill from NNW and you get the Brrr! factor ...

Comment

• salymap
                      Late member
                      • Nov 2010

A really biting cold wind when I crossed to the shops with a visitor. She has kindly brought me
                      fingerless gloves/ mittens, so am wearing them to type now. Typing can'tlook much worse surely.

I remember those hills Anna, lovely in the summmer.

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by salymap View Post
                        A really biting cold wind when I crossed to the shops with a visitor. She has kindly brought me
                        fingerless gloves/ mittens, so am wearing them to type now. Typing can'tlook much worse surely. I remember those hills Anna, lovely in the summmer.
                        Stay safe and warm saly, and don't venture out unless you have to and stock up your cupboards.
                        I remember December 2012, the lowest temp ever recorded here of -13.7° on Christmas Day night and it seemed to snow every Wednesday from November 27th. Utterly, utterly, miserable. I had to take to wearing leggings under trousers and full length socks - - hardly a Fashion Statement, but essential!!

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                          Stay safe and warm saly, and don't venture out unless you have to and stock up your cupboards.
                          I remember December 2012, the lowest temp ever recorded here of -13.7° on Christmas Day night and it seemed to snow every Wednesday from November 27th. Utterly, utterly, miserable. I had to take to wearing leggings under trousers and full length socks - - hardly a Fashion Statement, but essential!!
                          You remember Christmas Day night 2012??!! I know you're usually ahead of me Anna but this is rickydoodlous (as Hylda Baker used to say )

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                            You remember Christmas Day night 2012??!! I know you're usually ahead of me Anna but this is rickydoodlous (as Hylda Baker used to say )
                            <doh> You got me before I had time to amend the typo ...... BUT, I could be a regular Cassandra rummaging around in some chicken entrails ....

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                              <doh> You got me before I had time to amend the typo ...... BUT, I could be a regular Cassandra rummaging around in some chicken entrails ....
                              unhand that pullet's innards madam and stand well away!

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                                unhand that pullet's innards madam and stand well away!
                                Cannot be done Duckie, I spent a night at Apollo's temple, at which time the temple snakes licked my ears clean so that I was able to hear the future Anyway, I like rummaging through chickens' entrails ... and making chicken liver pate!

Comment

Working...
                                X