X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • salymap
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

18.40 and the temperature has just dropped considerably and the wind is whistling down the chimney, again.

Leaves on the beech hedge are only just turning colour. The are not supposed to drop but leave a nice shelter for the birds, whereas a beech tree would shed the lot. They shed enough to block the drains tnough.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
      Host
      • Nov 2010

Shocking weather in North Wales! Trust you are a little drier further south, Anna?

This is the week of the big leaf fall in London... I was looking at the trees in our square at the weekend - wonderful full autumn colours... Looking up on getting home tonight: virtually bare.... Soon be Christmas!
      "...the isle is full of noises,
      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
        Host
        • Nov 2010

11:30pm and as heavy a downpour in central London as I can remember!!

Comment

• Anna

Where is marthe lately? I meant to wish her Happy Thanksgiving Day yesterday .... if she's there, hope she enjoyed the traditional turkey dinner!
          Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
          Saturday into Sunday does not look good, I have to warn...
          Shriek! Just seen the Met Office page ..... although I think it won't hit first thing so I can get out early? Don't much care what it does after that, I shall be doing an Ottolenghi from my new book
          It was a perfect day here, blue sky, sunny, until just now, rain clouds rolled in and sudden darkness descending ....

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Anna View Post
            Don't much care what it does after that, I shall be doing an Ottolenghi from my new book
            Which one did you get, Anna? I hope it works out well

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
              Which one did you get, Anna? I hope it works out well
              I got Jerusalem Ammy and tomorrow (it's one that instantly caught my eye) it'll be his roast chicken portions (I'll use thighs, but I may chuck in a leg) with clementines and fennel. It looks and sounds absolutely scrummy. But, there's so much I fancy there. Some ingredients will be hard to source, like barberries (never heard of them) but it seems currants soaked in lemon juice do the job. What have you had from the book?

Comment

• amateur51

I got Jerusalem Ammy and tomorrow (it's one that instantly caught my eye) it'll be his roast chicken portions (I'll use thighs, but I may chuck in a leg) with clementines and fennel. It looks and sounds absolutely scrummy. But, there's so much I fancy there. Some ingredients will be hard to source, like barberries (never heard of them) but it seems currants soaked in lemon juice do the job. What have you had from the book?
                I've had that chicken, fennel & oranges dish and one with meatballs and beans. The chicken one would go very well with thighs I reckon - more flavour.

Amazon sellers seem to carry several of the spice ingredients that the book calls for
                Last edited by Guest; 23-11-12, 15:56. Reason: trypo

Comment

• JFLL
                  • Jan 2011

It was pretty hairy driving from North Herefords to Oxford on A-roads on Wednesday evening. Several flooded places which were impossible to see in the dark until you were almost upon them and the water started churning up either of the bonnet. No warning signs either – except one at a place where there wasn't actually a flood any more. And ironically Tewkesbury, the flood-capital of England, was completely dry. I suppose the authorities were just too stretched to cover all the flooded roads, but I do wonder whether part of the problem is that roadside ditches aren't cleared out as often as they were. Oh for the days when parishes had 'roadmen' or roadies whose job it was was to do precisely that! (That's even more true for local lanes.)

Comment

• BBMmk2
                    Late Member
                    • Nov 2010

Hope all board members affected by thisrecent horrnedous weather are all ok! If not hope everything woks out sooner than later!

Turnede out rathyer sunny fior a change from last nights deluge!
                    Don’t cry for me
                    I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
                      Turnede out rathyer sunny
                      Bless BBM, the only bloke in Sussex who still speaks Middle English! I love his postyngs!

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                        • Dec 2010

Bless BBM, the only bloke in Sussex who still speaks Middle English! I love his postyngs!
                        And, do you use woks, Anna?

Comment

• Anna

And, do you use woks, Anna?
                          Yes I do. But you are so sharp you'd better jump back into the knife box!

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                            • Dec 2010

Yes I do. But you are so sharp you'd better jump back into the knife box!
                            I scrape by................

Comment

• Anna

I scrape by................
                              Ooh, that was nearly razor sharp! Unfortunately it came across as terribly blunt in the delivery!

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                                Host
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
                                hope everything woks out sooner than later!
                                That reminds me! Take-away Chinese tonight!

Happy dry () weekends to all!

Comment

Working...
                                X