Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anna

Originally posted by mangerton View Post
    Get your order in quickly and it can be posted tomorrow!
    I think mangerton and I are just about to exchange, not bodily fluids, but a sickly sweet Scottish delicacy. Quite honesly, sugar beats bodily fluids hands down. It is said

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
      Host
      • Nov 2010

How quickly are affections transferred....

That said, our mangy friend is a smoooooooth operator, with his sugared sweetmeats &c. &c.

(Torrential rain overnight has now given way to a sort of windy, leaden day when staying in seems very much the sensible option...)
      "...the isle is full of noises,
      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• DracoM
        Host
        • Mar 2007

Astonished to report that here in Ultima Thule, we have had wall-to-wall sunshine all day, damned cold as well, but sun.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Anna View Post
          I think mangerton and I are just about to exchange, not bodily fluids, but a sickly sweet Scottish delicacy. Quite honesly, sugar beats bodily fluids hands down. It is said
          Those of us of a diabetic persuasion raise our hats to you, ma'am

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
            • Dec 2010

Another deep low headed for New York just in time for people to vote Obama

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
              Astonished to report that here in Ultima Thule, we have had wall-to-wall sunshine all day, damned cold as well, but sun.
              Same in North Cheshire all weekend,just one sharp shower yesterday.

Comment

• mangerton
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                How quickly are affections transferred....

That said, our mangy friend is a smoooooooth operator, with his sugared sweetmeats &c. &c.

(Torrential rain overnight has now given way to a sort of windy, leaden day when staying in seems very much the sensible option...)
                You know what these Fortinbras, border reiver types are like, Caliban.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                  Host
                  • Nov 2010

You know what these Fortinbras, border reiver types are like, Caliban.
                  Not averse to marauding and plundering, indeed!!
                  "...the isle is full of noises,
                  Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                  Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                  Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• BBMmk2
                    Late Member
                    • Nov 2010

The weather from first thing yesterday to today, has been quite cotrasting. Heavy dowpours yesterday, then followed long sunny periods!! Like today, lovely sunny day, bur rather nippy!(Well it is Novemeber!!)
                    Don’t cry for me
                    I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• marthe

Sunny, cooler weather here and the lovely, soft light of November especially as the clocks over here went back to Standard Time on Sunday.

Comment

• Anna

First frost of the Winter this morning. Weather station reported -0.4. When I looked out at around 5am there were tiny flakes of snow coming down (frost doesn't fall from the air does it?) However, it soon melted and we've reached 10.9° with a slight drizzle this pm. Barometer continues to rise and is now 1018.6

Yesterday was brilliant, sunshine all the way and perfectly clear night for Guy Fawkes, lots of whizzbangs all evening. I think we are now in for milder weather for a while?

Comment

• salymap
                          Late member
                          • Nov 2010

A sharp frost here this morning and glad of a lift to hairdresser and supermarket. But walking home later the cold wind was very nasty indeed and somehow my gloves and woolly hat were packed in my trolley under all my shopping so I froze.

Comment

• mangerton
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by salymap View Post
                            A sharp frost here this morning and glad of a lift to hairdresser and supermarket. But walking home later the cold wind was very nasty indeed and somehow my gloves and woolly hat were packed in my trolley under all my shopping so I froze.
                            Oh dear, saly. I hope you are now properly warmed up.

It was another car-scraping evening after work at 8.00 yesterday. This morning though it was mildish and wet. At 4.30 tonight it was a surprising 12°C and 1009 mb.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                              • Dec 2010

Oh dear, saly. I hope you are now properly warmed up.

It was another car-scraping evening after work at 8.00 yesterday. This morning though it was mildish and wet. At 4.30 tonight it was a surprising 12°C and 1009 mb.
                              You have the advantage in Dundee of what is known as the "Fohn Effect", where moist air of maritime tropical origin (which this is) dries out descending on the lee side of high ground and compresses, raising its temperature. Some of the highest midwinter temperatures in the UK have been recorded down Scotland's east coast

Comment

• mangerton
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                                You have the advantage in Dundee of what is known as the "Fohn Effect", where moist air of maritime tropical origin (which this is) dries out descending on the lee side of high ground and compresses, raising its temperature. Some of the highest midwinter temperatures in the UK have been recorded down Scotland's east coast
                                Thanks, S_A, that's interesting. I shall read about this.

Comment

Working...
                                X