• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nick Armstrong
    Host
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by handsomefortune View Post
    fiddly printers...& the price of ink

but then I thought of french frank's army of tuk-tuks!!

who/what are they anna? tuk bearing mods sounds like a good idea, especially if they do a cup of tea too.
    My understanding is that french frank let it be known that in her efforts to police the Forum for inappropriate language, she had engaged the services of a search robot...

...leading to mental images of futuristic Enforcement Cyborgs whose powerful propulsion units might make a TUK TUK TUK noise (or maybe their heavy advancing tread as they prepare to eliminate offenders....)...

... I imagine them rather like this:

"...the isle is full of noises,
    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• salymap
      Late member
      • Nov 2010

Well,eliminating offenders won't put the figures up, she said bravely. If I have nasty dreams Cali it will be your tuk tuk creature.

My computer is getting worse. Windows and I are hardly speaking these days. Very cold here tonight.

Bestio

Comment

• handsomefortune

Originally posted by Caliban View Post

... I imagine them rather like this:

i am grateful you cleared that up caliban, at a ruff guess i'd have assumed that (above) was fabulous fingers (mainly). coincidentally it looks like a similar view of debris, in the back ground, to the view from my attic window.

Windows and I are hardly speaking these days.

and who hasn't been there on their pc...... good luck salymap!

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
          Host
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by handsomefortune View Post
          coincidentally it looks like a similar view of debris, in the back ground, to the view from my attic window.
          Tuk tuk damage, for sure! Possibly a warning. Did you use a dubious double-entendre in a recent post?

Comment

• handsomefortune

dyou know, iirc the tuk has similar eyes to bertok's ...in portrait photographs featured in amatuer51's excellent video link to the adventures, and life of mrs lili Klaus esq.
            Last edited by Guest; 25-10-12, 19:57.

Comment

• handsomefortune

a dubious double-entendre in a recent post? i probably did caliban, i drop them all over the place and don't even notice...

titter, flourish exit into deepest concrete cyber hole.

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by salymap View Post
                Well,eliminating offenders won't put the figures up, she said bravely.
                Well said saly! (No idea what she's on about!! But blame Cali, aka, Vicky (Bless) and his jam and cream creation) Thank goodness R3 is being sensible and it's RVW just now
                Edit: I have eaten half a pack of fabulous fingers....

Comment

• mangerton
                  • Nov 2010

All this talk of tuk tuks and yum yums.... Inspired by the recent tv baking comp, my place of work is shortly having a baking comp in aid of Children in Need. All entries to be judged and sold. There are some very good bakers, so it should be interesting.

On topic, we've had two lovely days here, but I spotted the first gritting lorry of the season this evening, so I think freezing temps are expected tonight.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                    Host
                    • Nov 2010

Well,eliminating offenders won't put the figures up, she said bravely. If I have nasty dreams Cali it will be your tuk tuk creature.
                    Apologies! Lie back and think of Victoria Sponge!

Comment

• gurnemanz
                      • Nov 2010

Talk of gritting lorries being on the move makes me think of my geraniums and moving them under shelter.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
                        Talk of gritting lorries being on the move makes me think of my geraniums and moving them under shelter.
                        Thanks for the reminder, G.

Comment

• salymap
                          Late member
                          • Nov 2010

Raining here now and rather cold but not frosty. Food situation is getting serious. I must get some organic meat today from little butcher, also another staple item, bananas.

I'm not walking for half an hour each way to the Co-op in this.

Comment

• amateur51

Raining here now and rather cold but not frosty. Food situation is getting serious. I must get some organic meat today from little butcher, also another staple item, bananas.

I'm not walking for half an hour each way to the Co-op in this.
                            Check the availability of french frank's tuk-tuk, salymap - it may be cruising your area, who knows

Seriously tho, I hope that you manage to relieve the food situation in dry conditions

Comment

• salymap
                              Late member
                              • Nov 2010

Thanks ams, I managed to avoid the tuk-tuks although one flew over rather low as I crossed the road. Fed up with ready meals from localshop which have a funny taste so bought some organic lamb's liver and my staple, braising steak. Very expensive shop but it's worth it

On topic - drizzle only atm but chilly wind.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                                • Dec 2010

Temperature 8.5C right now on the north-facing wall here - which would be about right... for late November!!! Surprised to find it didn't seem as cold as one might expect, but this might be partly down to the NE breeze being only gentle to moderate, hence not too much wind chill, and my theory, anyway - that when told to expect cold we psychologically "cushion" ourselves in expectation of something much worse and mentally compensate.

I just checked to see if yesterday's chart for the eastern States for next Monday-into-Tuesday wasn't a bad dream yesterday, and I'm afraid it still looks about as awful as imaginable, with the centre of the giant low hitting New York smack on on Monday night, with winds averaging 35 mph, so, double that for maximum gusts at least, then. I guess we'll be getting headlines nearer the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X