• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ferneyhoughgeliebte
    Gone fishin'
    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
    lovely sunny day here, but autumn is in the air - nippy this morning, & despite the sun I had to wear a jacket.
    Like that today in the Pennines, too, Floss - but lights needed to be on by 8.00pm last night and tonight.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
      Host
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
      But back to the weather - lovely sunny day here, but autumn is in the air - nippy this morning, & despite the sun I had to wear a jacket.
      Definitely the first tang of autumn here too. The nights very suddenly seemed to draw in this year - seems only a few days since it was still vaguely light at 9...

Eyes down... it'll be Christmas before you can say "bauble"
      "...the isle is full of noises,
      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Flosshilde
        • Nov 2010

As they used not to say at the Beeb - winter draws on

Comment

• mangerton
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
          BBC World Service almost inaudibly on a transistor radio on the mattress next to your head - the concentration required to make out the words sends me back off to Noddington Junction pretty quickly.
          It's certainly worth a try, Thank you.

Yes, as has been pointed out, winter draws on. (Old ones are the best!) There was a distinct chill in the air yesterday evening, and it's still there now.

The nights are fair drawing in too, and all you southerners will soon be having longer days than flossie and me.

Comment

• salymap
            Late member
            • Nov 2010

I have a little radio by my bed but as my bungalow is semi-detached have to use headphones, in case her next door hears it. Not very clear reception and fear of throttling myself on flex means it is not much fun.
            Okay for all you in big detached houses though

Comment

• greenilex
              • Nov 2010

Surely next door wouldn't hear faint WS broadcast?

Lovely brisk autumnal morning in So'ton today. Grandchildren back home - that was a tornado - and we escaped the squall by sitting in the local Mexican restaurant.

Comment

• mercia
                • Nov 2010

just tried the two experiments outlined in #5106 ............ resulting in wet feet

......... hadn't emptied the bowl of soapy water before drilling hole therein

<doh>
                Last edited by mercia; 31-08-12, 09:27.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                  • Dec 2010

Originally posted by mercia View Post
                  just tried the two experiments outlined in #5106 ............ resulting in wet feet

......... hadn't emptied the bowl of soapy water before drilling hole therein

<doh>
                  You were only supposed to IMAGINE it, mercia!

I see the remnants of the hurricane are due to hit you on Tuesday - just a clump of heavy rain by that stage, I'm please to say.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                    Late Member
                    • Nov 2010

Ah last weekend before term starts for another Academic Year. We did rather well with the A level and GCSE'S and hoping for more sucess this year!

Weather rather overcast. I am hoping for some sun??

Btw, went to the doctors last Thursday and I am anaemic, to my surprise! There was talk of diabetes type 2 but thankfully not!!

NB Good luck to everyone competing at today's British Open Brass Band Championships being held at Birmingham Symphony Hall
                    Last edited by BBMmk2; 01-09-12, 09:42.
                    Don’t cry for me
                    I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
                      Ah last weekend before term starts for another Academic Year. We did rather well with the A level and GCSE'S and hoping for more sucess this year!

Weather rather overcast. I am hoping for some sun??

Btw, went to the doctors last Thursday and I am anaemic, to my surprise! There was talk of diabetes type 2 but thankfully not!!

NB Good luck to everyone competing at today's British Open Brass Band Championships being held at Birmingham Symphony Hall
                      Sorry to hear of your anaemia, BBM (piles?) but delighted about the diabetes diagnosis. I'm diabetic and would strongly advise that you treat this as a false dawn and take evasive action NOW - lose as much weight as you can (gradually is fine) and talk to your practice nurse about avoiding diabetes and the important of diet & regular if modest exercise - or visit this website for sensible dietary advice

And the very best of luck

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by salymap View Post
                        I have a little radio by my bed but as my bungalow is semi-detached have to use headphones, in case her next door hears it. Not very clear reception and fear of throttling myself on flex means it is not much fun.
                        Okay for all you in big detached houses though
                        Who dear? Me dear? Big house dear? No dear! How very dare you?!

Cast off your headphones salymap!

Comment

• mercia
                          • Nov 2010

"Floradix" liquid iron formula was recommended to my anaemic father

mind you, tastes foul

Comment

• BBMmk2
                            Late Member
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                            Sorry to hear of your anaemia, BBM (piles?) but delighted about the diabetes diagnosis. I'm diabetic and would strongly advise that you treat this as a false dawn and take evasive action NOW - lose as much weight as you can (gradually is fine) and talk to your practice nurse about avoiding diabetes and the important of diet & regular if modest exercise - or visit this website for sensible dietary advice

And the very best of luck
                            Thank you very much indeed for your advice amateuir51. Have been advised by my doic aboutr what to do and simimalry concurs with your help. My wife is also taking an active interesdt to and I should be inspiured by her weight loss since July last year she has lost quite a lot of weioght and now has reaqched her goal to! So up to me to follow her lead now!!

I have been loosing weight gradually too!
                            Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• salymap
                              Late member
                              • Nov 2010

I take Boots' Multi Vitamins with minerals and Iron - one tablet a day with food. So far my blood tests are
                              apparently okay. I am not advertising, just a suggestion.

And yes dear, I need headphones dear as radio has to be fairly loud or I can't hear it- err, dear.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                                Late Member
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by salymap View Post
                                I take Boots' Multi Vitamins with minerals and Iron - one tablet a day with food. So far my blood tests are
                                apparently okay. I am not advertising, just a suggestion.

And yes dear, I need headphones dear as radio has to be fairly loud or I can't hear it- err, dear.
                                My GP said not to take anything until they have established what kind of anaemia I have.
                                Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Working...
                                X