• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nick Armstrong
    Host
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
    I was so much enjoying the argument between A Hinton and Mr GG on the Simon Bolivar thread I lost track of the time!

You mean you actually read it?!

I was too busy enjoying the Simon Bolivar lads and lasses playing music... Call me naive!!
    "...the isle is full of noises,
    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Caliban View Post

You mean you actually read it?!

I was too busy enjoying the Simon Bolivar lads and lasses playing music... Call me naive!!
      How was your concert, Caliban?

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
        Pretty good I should think! And, has anyone seen or mentioned the fact of The Guardian live streaming the Saturday and Tuesday concerts?
        Venezuela's Simón Bolívar Symphony Orchestra performed at London's Royal Festival Hall with conductor Gustavo Dudamel. We are live-streamed the event here

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Anna View Post
          Pretty good I should think! And, has anyone seen or mentioned the fact of The Guardian live streaming the Saturday and Tuesday concerts?
          http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/inte...ra-live-stream
          Eh?

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
            Host
            • Nov 2010

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/inte...ra-live-stream
            I don't know what it is, this thread of mine seems to have been invisible to all but Frenchie and handsome: http://www.for3.org/forums/showthrea...k-this-weekend

All the links are there, and you can not only hear and watch tomorrow's concert live, but that and last Saturday's are available for a week

The good news is that the 'watch again' video can be downloaded using the 'Real Player Downloader' so it's a permanent fixture on my hard drive now. I've copied it onto my iPod and was listening to the stunning 'Young Person's Guide' earlier

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
              Host
              • Nov 2010

I'll pop over to my secret thread on the topic and write a few words!

Comment

• amateur51

I don't know what it is, this thread of mine seems to have been invisible to all but Frenchie and handsome: http://www.for3.org/forums/showthrea...k-this-weekend

All the links are there, and you can not only hear and watch tomorrow's concert live, but that and last Saturday's are available for a week

The good news is that the 'watch again' video can be downloaded using the 'Real Player Downloader' so it's a permanent fixture on my hard drive now. I've copied it onto my iPod and was listening to the stunning 'Young Person's Guide' earlier
                Coo cheers, Caliban

I wasn't sure if Anna had taken 'Ventriloquism For Beginners' out of the mobile library again so it's good to hear it from the horse's mouth

Die Serie wurde vom Fernsehsender CBS erstmals zwischen 1961 und 1966 ausgestrahlt. Die Charaktere der Serie waren Mister Ed (das sprechende Pferd), der Arch...

Comment

• Anna

I'll pop over to my secret thread on the topic and write a few words!
                  Well, I did a search for 'Simon Bolivar' on the MB to see if anyone had mentioned it - and it certainly didn't come up with your thread!! Nor could I find it by searching the Performance board .... now I feel really stupid
                  I wasn't sure if Anna had taken 'Ventriloquism For Beginners' out of the mobile library again so it's good to hear it from the horse's mouth
                  And, now I am even more sad ....... It's not nice to mock

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                    Host
                    • Nov 2010

Well, I did a search for 'Simon Bolivar' on the MB to see if anyone had mentioned it - and it certainly didn't come up with your thread!! Nor could I find it by searching the Performance board .... now I feel really stupid
                    Oh don't... I also find the search facility here is remarkably unhelpful, I've yet to make it work to find what I was looking for!

It's just that I've been amazed how the other Bolivar thread has gone on for pages, with people debating this or that socio-economic aspect... but when it's about the music, no one seems interested

Still now hopefully there'll be a surge!!

Comment

• amateur51

And, now I am even more sad ....... It's not nice to mock
                      Oh I see, it's ok for modom to mock 'chaps's enthusiasm for bodily functions but no fun when the boot is on the other foot

No real malice intended, Anna & I'm sorry if it really hurt you

Comment

• salymap
                        Late member
                        • Nov 2010

Has anybody seen our leader,i.e. Mahlerei, who started this jumble of topics for us.?

Would like some news of the buns and Sky, the lovely dog.

A nice day but tied to the house with boring calls to make. Bestio.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                          Late Member
                          • Nov 2010

I been wondering about Mahlerie to Salymap. I know he has periods offline from these message boards.(???)
                          Don’t cry for me
                          I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                            • Dec 2010

All quiet on the Stormy Weather front - though not from what lunchtime reports of violent thunderstorms across the Midlands and North told us.

Anything exciting to report from fellow boredees in the provinces?

Here it's been pleasantly warm and mostly sunny all day, if a little humid, but with a freshening breeze to compensate. The outlook, I have to say, does not look too good - changeable westerly pattern with successive lows to look forward to, but at least temperatures should not be far from what they should be at this time of the year.

Comment

• salymap
                              Late member
                              • Nov 2010

Too humid for me S-A, especially as my big fridge/freezer thermostat failed to work the night before last.
                              Since then I've phoned for help but the engineer can't come till Tuesday and lots of frozen veg are too runny to be nice to eat. In this heat I shall have to shop for a frozen meal every day or live on sarnies.

The pigeons are enjoying the soggy bread though. Is dried milk still sold, or evap?

Comment

• Russ_H
                                • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                                All quiet on the Stormy Weather front - though not from what lunchtime reports of violent thunderstorms across the Midlands and North told us.

Anything exciting to report from fellow boredees in the provinces?
                                In Chester-le-Street, we've just had the longest and most violent thunderstorm
                                that I can remember. Two hours of it.

Here is a photograph of nearby Newcastle upon Tyne:

Comment

Working...
                                X