X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Serial_Apologist
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
    Rather mugggy here today, as opposed to yesterdays sunshine!!
    Here too, BBM. For anyone wondering, this is what it's like being in the middle of an unseasonal summer solstice low: better get out quick before the next part of the monsoon kicks off!

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
      this is what it's like being in the middle of an unseasonal summer solstice low: better get out quick before the next part of the monsoon kicks off!
      Do you know what S_A, I'm sure it's being so cheerful that keeps you going! (As I type this looking at the rain coming down .......... on Midsummer's Day) So, when's the next Monsoon then?

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Anna View Post
        Do you know what S_A, I'm sure it's being so cheerful that keeps you going! (As I type this looking at the rain coming down .......... on Midsummer's Day) So, when's the next Monsoon then?

But the really great thing about being a miserable bar steward is that when one's worst predictions fail to materialise, it comes as a relief like no other!

Strong winds tomorrow, Anna.

Comment

• salymap
          Late member
          • Nov 2010

22nd June and I've had to put the central heating on. It's about 70f but the cold winds seem to come through every possible opening, even round the double glazing. Please S-A are we to have a settled spell before autumn comes?

I've got a cousin from Adelaide visiting in September; if it's like this he'll be glad he took advantage of the £10 fare all those years ago.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
            Host
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by salymap View Post
            22nd June and I've had to put the central heating on
            And I had to wear gloves cycling into the office today ...well, I didn't have to - but the wind was sufficiently chill that it was more comfortable with them than without.
            "...the isle is full of noises,
            Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
            Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
            Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by salymap View Post
              22nd June and I've had to put the central heating on. It's about 70f but the cold winds seem to come through every possible opening, even round the double glazing. Please S-A are we to have a settled spell before autumn comes?

I've got a cousin from Adelaide visiting in September; if it's like this he'll be glad he took advantage of the £10 fare all those years ago.
              Sorry, saly - that's too much of an ask for anyone, whether (sp.) that be me, the official weatherperson, or God!

Comment

• marthe

Central heating!!! It's central AC here. Yesterday the heat was killing. Despite that, my small army of dedicated volunteers passed several hundred entries to the hort division of the Newport Flower Show. I'm grateful to the wonderful catering staff who kept supplying us with ice-cold drinking water throughout the day. We all managed, just about, to get through the day without wilting. Only the hosta diva had a meltdown, though the hostas themselves came through with flying colours. Quibbles over nomenclature left our hosta expert a bit wobbly.

Comment

• Petrushka
                  • Nov 2010

An appalling day in Central England. Heavy rain, strong winds and low temperatures and winter coats have been the order of the day. I've known some poor Junes in my time but this has to be the worst ever. It really does seem to be getting people down.
                  "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                    • Nov 2010

Miserable isn't it.
                    Pouring down all day in Manchester.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                      Late Member
                      • Nov 2010

Well we had it lucky then! Had a downpour early on and then rather gusty blustery winds all day. Quite strong at times
                      Don’t cry for me
                      I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Petrushka
                        • Nov 2010

A little brighter this evening but still cloudy and very windy. We really shouldn't be getting wind like this at this time of year. Today has been pretty much what you might expect in March or April. Another wasted summer.
                        "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                          Host
                          • Nov 2010

Suddenly started to rain like billy-oh here in the Smoke. Better things are promised from tomorrow afternoon on into next week, though
                          "...the isle is full of noises,
                          Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                          Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                          Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• BBMmk2
                            Late Member
                            • Nov 2010

Yes, Caliban, similar events happening here to! Another wild wet and windy night and evenin g as well. It still rather wet to here, this morning
                            Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• amateur51

Echoing Caliban and BBM, it's a truly 'orrible morning here - wet, grey, blustery wind of deceiving mildness. Time for toast, I say!

Aaaah the healing powers of tea and toast

Comment

• BBMmk2
                                Late Member
                                • Nov 2010

Or egg and bacon sarnie, perhaps?
                                Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Working...
                                X