Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anna

Originally posted by Flay View Post
    Constant heavy rain here in Yorkshire. I have popped in to work to do paperwork
    Paperwork Flay? Oh, really ....... was it not (to quote Mrs. Flay) to access your beloved R3?

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Anna View Post
      Paperwork Flay? Oh, really ....... was it not (to quote Mrs. Flay) to access your beloved R3?
      You wimmin!

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
        Host
        • Nov 2010

Bright sunshine in the Metrollopes now, after 36 hours of non-stop rain...
        "...the isle is full of noises,
        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
          Bright sunshine in the Metrollopes now, after 36 hours of non-stop rain...
          Indeed, Caliban

And it's goning to be warmer this week, albeity with some more rain to come, at least here in the south, though nothing like on yesterday's scale.

Comment

• Anna

No sunshine here, but rain has ceased. It appears that this year here we have had 207.3mm of rain, of which April is accounting for 139.2mm of it !! Oh well, March was lovely ...... Didn't we have our Summer in the Spring last year as well?

Comment

• Petrushka
              • Nov 2010

Didn't we have our Summer in the Spring last year as well?
              Yes, and the two years before if I remember correctly. The Summers in each case were poor. Let's hope for a scorcher this year to buck that particular trend.

Solid rain all day today.
              "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
                Yes, and the two years before if I remember correctly. The Summers in each case were poor. Let's hope for a scorcher this year to buck that particular trend.

Solid rain all day today.
                Dare I mention anything about the Coalition's capabilities, whilst our noble leader is out stuffing LibDem propaganda through the letterboxes of Brissle?

Comment

• Anna

The river down the road from me burst it's banks during the night, causing the road to be closed. Luckily it receded enough for the Council to arrive at first light with equipment to clear up the thick mud and silt and it was back to normal by 8.15am and today has been rather sunny, breezy and warm.

Comment

• amateur51

Blimey Anna, we don't know the half of it down in the Metrollops

It's been a lovely spring day here in NW London, the cooling breeze has dropped, no rain thus far & sunshine all the way

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                      Host
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post

It's been a lovely spring day here in NW London, the cooling breeze has dropped, no rain thus far & sunshine all the way
                      Super day, isn't it? Quite breezy but a definite mildness to the breeze.

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                        Given the dire forecast for tomorrow I wouldn't be surprised if it comes over again tomorrow at some stage, the problem is - that is the only road in and out of here, which is also the bus route and provides access to the primary and junior schools, so full credit to our Council for sorting it out quickly. The junior school fields are a lake at the moment, upon which a flock of seagulls are happily swimming around! The joys of rural living! We are also on Flood Alert from the other river but recent flood defences have averted anything major for the last few years.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                          Host
                          • Nov 2010

Given the dire forecast for tomorrow I wouldn't be surprised if it comes over again tomorrow at some stage, the problem is - that is the only road in and out of here, which is also the bus route and provides access to the primary and junior schools, so full credit to our Council for sorting it out quickly. The junior school fields are a lake at the moment, upon which a flock of seagulls are happily swimming around! The joys of rural living! We are also on Flood Alert from the other river but recent flood defences have averted anything major for the last few years.

Get plenty of Co-Op vino in (assuming the rubbers have left any in-store ) and a variety of port products, get logged on here and ENJOY!

Keep dry!!

Comment

• Anna

Get plenty of Co-Op vino in (assuming the rubbers have left any in-store ) and a variety of port products, get logged on here and ENJOY!
                            Keep dry!!
                            Rubbers admitted that Lady Rubbers had raided every Co-Op and snaffled the lot .......... Port products? Do you mean Pork products, such as in pork pies? No, if I'm cut off then I just have to trek up and then down along the mountain ..... in a cab!

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                              • Nov 2010

Hope everyone survives any upcoming bad weather unscathed.
                              Lovely sunny day in the Manchester area today.

Comment

• gurnemanz
                                • Nov 2010

Super day, isn't it? Quite breezy but a definite mildness to the breeze.
                                Great for a spot of light pottering in the garden (+ CD on the wireless headphones). Weeding and taming of over-enthusiastic shrubs.

Comment

Working...
                                X