• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • french frank
    Administrator/Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Playlister Again (Sorry!)

If you sign in with your BBC ID, and then click on a Playlister track (so that you get a tick), um, where is it? Where can you hear it?

I'm just testing. Or trying to.
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.
  • mercia
    • Nov 2010

don't you get sent off to spotify or youtube or somewhere to hear it (but only if available) ? I think I now have a BBC Playlist on youtube - about as much use as a chocolate teapot

The best of the BBC, with the latest news and sport headlines, weather, TV & radio highlights and much more from across the whole of BBC Online

Comment

• french frank
      Administrator/Moderator
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by mercia View Post
      don't you get sent off to spotify or youtube or somewhere to hear it (but only if available) ? I think I now have a BBC Playlist on youtube - about as much use as a chocolate teapot
      I'll try doing it again and watch what happens

I tried that. It didn't send me anywhere. I hit the orange square with the symbol that looks a bit like a quaver and a plus sign, something whirled round and briefly showed a cross, and then a tick. When I refresh the page, it stays as a tick. Am I supposed to have an account with Spotify?
      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• mercia
        • Nov 2010

edit

I think you have to have an account with one of the partners, Deezer, iTunes, spotify, youtube - then you "export" your list to whichever you have an account with, sorry to be vague I did try it some time ago - I've just read that you can set up an account with whichever partner "quickly and easily during the export process"

to be honest, if I hear a piece on the radio and want to explore it further I either make a mental or physical note of the title then head to youtube and look for it - isn't that as quick ?
        Last edited by mercia; 30-09-14, 20:59.

Comment

• french frank
          Administrator/Moderator
          • Feb 2007

Thank you. I don't think I'll bother now. I may try again some time, but I didn't really want to hear the tracks anyway.

Comment

• Bryn
            Banned
            • Mar 2007

- about as much use as a chocolate teapot

Comment

• mercia
              • Nov 2010

about as much use as a chocolate teapot
              in other words, not only useful but quite feasible and recommendable (see above)

Comment

• teamsaint
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                Thank you. I don't think I'll bother now. I may try again some time, but I didn't really want to hear the tracks anyway.
                Have you ever considered Sales Management, as a challenge, or to provide some useful extra income, FF?

Sales managers are very fond of setting targets,which they dont want you to hit, as it costs them money if you do. ( and whats more they have to find another stick to beat you with !)

This seems similar to trying to figure out ( or get other people to) a way to use playlister, whilst not actually wanting to listen to anything.

just saying, like.....
                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• french frank
                  Administrator/Moderator
                  • Feb 2007

Um, me again. How do I export the tracks to Spotify (now I have an account )

I've found the Spotify Playlister page where it asks whether I've created my playlist. (I think I have, in that I clicked on 3 tracks) then it says 'And remember to export your playlist to Spotify.'

But: How do I do that? I can't see anything telling you how to export them.

Comment

• french frank
                    Administrator/Moderator
                    • Feb 2007

mercia - thanks for that. I will will settle down to try again when I have an hour or two to spare. Meanwhile, when I booted up this morning I was greeted straight away by a pop-up asking me to log in to my Spotify account

Comment

• mercia
                      • Nov 2010

yes I can't say I use spotify, nor would I like to give the impression that I'm constantly using the BBC Playlister thing either

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                        Late member
                        • Nov 2010

playlister is a %%%4$£4£**(()""! abortion and a disgrace to the bbc just look at the mess of the credits on the Jon3 tribute to Kenny Wheeler and that is one of the better examples [and i bet someone had to work very hard to reach that intelligibility]
                        According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• amateur51

This all goes to show once and for all that all this new-fangled jiggery-pokery is not targetted at us.

It is targetted at the beknighted souls who are not taught their times tables, or English grammar, spelling or sentence analysis. They are however imbued with confidence when it comes to matters such as negotiating Playlister

If at first you don't succeed ... find a seven-year old

Comment

• french frank
                            Administrator/Moderator
                            • Feb 2007

Yes, but ...

I think I have been under a total misapprehension as to what Playlister is

I don't think I can bring myself to explain what the misunderstanding was for fear of widespread ridicule

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                              Yes, but ...

I think I have been under a total misapprehension as to what Playlister is

I don't think I can bring myself to explain what the misunderstanding was for fear of widespread ridicule

Ridicule?

You?

On here?

Surely not

Comment

Working...
                              X