X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pastoralguy
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Stillhomewardbound View Post
    He's also good value in I'm Alright Jack as a smarmy and devious businessman.
    One of my earliest memories was of a production still from that movie in my 'Children's Britannica' that had Ian Carmichael and Richard Attenborough. It showed the set, lights and camera.

Fascinating!

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
      Having a senior moment here ... what's the appropriate word for a chap who recommends a programme to you, proceeds to tell you who's in it and what the choice bits are, and finishes up telling you the programme is no longer available to see ... unless you live in Scotland.

There's a word for a chap like that I'm sure

Leastways there ought to be
      thanks to shb for the eventual link

and apologies for poking fun at Cali because I now understand your enthusiasm for telling people about it, a fine tribute by the BBC.

I'm not sure that Julian Fellowes would understand why I let out a low growling groan each time he appeared in this otherwise fine tribute.
      Last edited by Guest; 27-08-14, 14:58. Reason: trypos

Comment

• Stillhomewardbound
        • Nov 2010

I'm not sure that Julian Fellowes would understand why I let out a low growling groan each time he appeared in this otherwise fine tribute.
        You were not alone, Am51. Believe me. All the more so because Lord RA had actually done so much in his career to truly deserve his peerage, whereas the Fellowes ... well, I'm really not at all sure.

I've just received a copy of 'Entirely Up To You, Darling' which RA co-wrote with his longtime publicist, Diane Hawkins. I'm already a third of the way through and it is an excellent read.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
          Host
          • Nov 2010

and apologies for poking fun at Cali because I now understand your enthusiasm for telling people about it, a fine tribute by the BBC.
          Only just seen this - no need, no need!

To remove any remaining whiff of suspicion that I was negligent, and for those that wish to see the programme, as broadcast, on their 105-inch curved screen UHD 4k tellies, or record it, may I point out that the programme is repeated:

This Saturday 6 September on BBC2 at 4pm

"...the isle is full of noises,
          Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
          Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
          Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Working...
          X