• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • french frank
    Administrator/Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by VodkaDilc View Post
    Yes, he did stress that it should be a week's listening unaffected by the diary. In fact it was not a typical week, since I was away from home for two days and travelled by train, so had no chance to listen. I was surprised to see that I should have included, if necessary, any radio broadcasts overheard in friends' houses.
    Although in some ways it's as blunt an instrument as any of these sampling methodologies, the strength lies in the fact that each week there's a different panel and the 12/13 weeks/panels are averaged out to give the quarterly result. If there was a strong element of 'randomness' that would show in the quarterly figure. So for Radio 3 the trends show that a figure that varies from, say, 1.8m to 2.2m is sufficiently 'stable' to discount the charge of randomness, while the longer term trend over successive quarters indicates whether any genuine changes are taking place.

When it comes to individual programmes, the samples may be too small to be very reliable.
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Zucchini
      • Nov 2010

Vodkadilc "Door Knocking with Rajar" from Radio Moments is a little classic for media newcomers/trainees etc:

a blog about radio, broadcasting, history, techniques for broadcasters, presenters, DJs, producers and programmers in commercial radio and BBC

Comment

• teamsaint
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by french frank View Post
        No :-)
        sometimes it is good to be wrong.

At least I got a hand made smiley .
        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• VodkaDilc

Originally posted by Zucchini View Post
          Vodkadilc "Door Knocking with Rajar" from Radio Moments is a little classic for media newcomers/trainees etc:

http://davidlloyd-radio.blogspot.co....ith-rajar.html
          Interesting. Thanks, Zucchini. I wonder if I was a starred address or a desperate reserve.

And I certainly didn't invite him in; it was a very brief chat on the doorstep.

Comment

Working...
          X