X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave2002
    • Dec 2010

Coliseum seating - trying to optimise

I can't remember the layout of the Coliseum sufficiently well to be sure of which seats to reserve using the online booking system.

For me, it can be a bit of a compromise. I've never liked seats which are well under the Balcony, or the Upper Circle, and while some seats in the Balcony are OK - the seat comfort often leaves a lot to be desired. Also the back of the Balcony is a long way away from the action.

So, I'd like to know how far back one can "safely" go in the Dress Circle, or Upper Circle before the view and perhaps for me, more importantly, the sound, gets severely affected.

For some productions it has been possible to live dangerously and turn up on the evening of a performance, and hope for cheap seats, but some recent productions have been sufficiently popular that there have been no reductions.
  • David-G
    • Mar 2012

For the Upper Circle, I would say you need to be in the first three rows. For the recent Prince Igor I was in row E (possibly F?), and I thought the sound distinctly lacked impact. The extent of this problem surprised me, as I had thought that I was fairly well forward. I went to Cellini twice. Once I sat in row B in the UC, once in E in the Balcony, both were near the side. Both these locations were fine.

Comment

Working...
    X