Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vinteuil
    • Nov 2010

... wishing to disparage BBM's claims - ain't we all descended from Charlemagne? - or wozzit Julius Caesar?? - or prob'ly Adam [ fl. c. 4004 BC ] = in any case, more significant figures than that Belgian John of Ghent. [ "son of a Ghent butcher... " ] ...

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
      ... wishing to disparage BBM's claims - ain't we all descended from Charlemagne? - or wozzit Julius Caesar?? - or prob'ly Adam [ fl. c. 4004 BC ] = in any case, more significant figures than that Belgian John of Ghent. [ "son of a Ghent butcher... " ] ...
      In fact we are all descended from Mitochondrial Eve according to the latest genetic research and all of us originated in East Africa. There is a project funded by National Geographic where your DNA is tested and the route of your ancestors can be traced from Africa to Middle East, Asia and onwards through Europe, etc., to where you are now. Sounds fascinating (there was an article about it a few months ago in The Times colour mag) I think the testing costs around £175. I'd love to do it except I just know I am descended from The Queen of Sheba!

Comment

• Flosshilde
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Anna View Post
        The Vikings ... marrying local maidens
        That's not what they were doing with them according to popular belief!

I wonder if bbm traces his ancestry back to JofG's illegitemate children?

Comment

• BBMmk2
          Late Member
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Anna View Post
          Not wishing to divert this thread but, being nosy, was that another member of a Noble family BBM? (The Vikings were exceedingly busy then pillaging and conquering and marrying local maidens) How did you manage to get back so far with your research?
          Good old ancestry.co.uk, Anna
          Don’t cry for me
          I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Working...
          X