• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beef Oven!
    Ex-member
    • Sep 2013

Your mailbox is full

A new thread to alert people who send PMs, but can't receive replies because they don't empty their in box.

So without naming names - "Your inbox is full"

And I'm not talking about you ts, your inbox is always full!
  • teamsaint
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
    A new thread to alert people who send PMs, but can't receive replies because they don't empty their in box.

So without naming names - "Your inbox is full"

And I'm not talking about you ts, your inbox is always full!
    of course it is. I like to reach out.
    like the Four tops. only more so.

Good idea for a thread.
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
      Host
      • Nov 2010

I used to receive work e-mails when I was supposed to be on holiday, so filled my in/out boxes to capacity at the end of every term and opened another e-mail account for for friends and family.

That isn't the case here though.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
        Gone fishin'
        • Sep 2011

I've received an e-Mail telling me that my inbox is "nearly full". Is there a way of saving some of the messages in a seperate folder? - The options seem to be "delete all" or "delete individual posts", but not a "save to" option. There's some good stuff in there!
        [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• teamsaint
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
          I've received an e-Mail telling me that my inbox is "nearly full". Is there a way of saving some of the messages in a seperate folder? - The options seem to be "delete all" or "delete individual posts", but not a "save to" option. There's some good stuff in there!
          I tried saving some valued posts, (ones with incriminating information and so on), but it seems to count the save ones as part of my 200.

as a 10k plus poster, surely I should be entitled to a bigger allowance than a miserable 200 ?!

(or perhaps just need to get out more and take up martial arts).
          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
            Host
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
            as a 10k plus poster, surely I should be entitled to a bigger allowance than a miserable 200 ?!

As you say, maybe "get a life". After becoming the first poster to 1,000 and later 2,000, I slowed down considerably.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
              • Dec 2010

I tried saving some valued posts, (ones with incriminating information and so on), but it seems to count the save ones as part of my 200.

Some people are more equal than others, eh?

Comment

• french frank
                Administrator/Moderator
                • Feb 2007

You can download the ones you want to keep, can't you? I'm sure that used to be possible.

If you go down to the bottom of the Inbox page it has links:

Download all Private Messages as:
                XML | CSV | Text
                It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Flosshilde
                  • Nov 2010

Presumably you could copy them & paste them into a Word document?

Comment

• teamsaint
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
                    Presumably you could copy them & paste them into a Word document?
                    I was waiting to see who would spot that one first.....

Comment

• Dave2002
                      • Dec 2010

You can export the messages from this board in one of several file formats (or all of them), and then delete the originals. This is at least a reasonable partial solution if you want to keep a record of what you've sent or received.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                        Host
                        • Nov 2010

None of my "sent" messages are worth keeping.

Comment

• french frank
                          Administrator/Moderator
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
                          You can export the messages from this board in one of several file formats (or all of them), and then delete the originals. This is at least a reasonable partial solution if you want to keep a record of what you've sent or received.
                          I told them that in Msg #8. If people exported the ones they wanted to keep and deleted the ones they didn't on a regular basis they wouldn't mount up. But some people are very chatty in PMs :-)

For the record, when my quota is almost up I delete the oldest ones (or try to remember to), so have no record of VITAL communications with disgruntled members. I trust my memory which is failing gradually .
                          It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• MrGongGong
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                            For the record, when my quota is almost up I delete the oldest ones (or try to remember to), so have no record of VITAL communications with disgruntled members. I trust my memory which is failing gradually .
                            Is the number of "disgruntled" members increasing or decreasing ?

Comment

• teamsaint
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                              I told them that in Msg #8. If people exported the ones they wanted to keep and deleted the ones they didn't on a regular basis they wouldn't mount up. But some people are very chatty in PMs :-)

But our memories may be failing too, and # 8 is ages ago now.

For instance,I can't even remember where I put my stash of carrier bags, so i 'll just have to go to the supermarket to get some more.

Comment

Working...
                              X